Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 12:30 PM

385 posts, read 526,597 times

Advertisements

saw a sign that Ulta is coming to Ammon....between Boot Barn and Staples

what used to be in that shopping center? I think somebody told me there used to be a Circuit City there a while ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 01:18 PM

119 posts, read 94,069 times
Yes. Circuit closed in 2010 when the chain went under. It used to take up all the space between Albertson's & Staples. They split that space up when they remodeled a year or so ago.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:43 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
It was an A&W first. Look at the design of the roof, and it's apparent. As a drive in, there were parking stalls with speakers to order your food, and the carhops would bring it out. Picture Rupe's in Blackfoot.
When it became George's, the doors on either end of the building (SE & SW corners )were used. There was a counter with stools on the south side and booths along the west wall, and a few tables. The kitchen occupied the north part of the building. The structure is still refered to as " the old A&W ".
We would head across town for a Saturday breakfast there occasionally, and if in the area for lunch, I'd get a pastrami burger.
I have not heard what the new menu will be, or when they plan to open, just that it's coming in the near future and will be locally owned. I'm all for that.
Two weeks ago, we went to the annual Greek festival in Pocatello. We aren't Greek, but the food served there is wonderful. It's not just gyros, but about a dozen other dishes too. My favorite this year was the marinated lamb, cooked on a spit in the open air, over a charcoal pit grill. The aroma was amazing. We always come home with a box of desert items from there to savor for the next few days also. It's an annual delight.There are a number of restaurants in Poky that provide Greek food year round.
There was a Cuban restaurant there for a while too, that served, among other things, an authentic Cuban sandwich. It was worth the drive. Sadly, they went out of business.
I sure wish we had that kind of diversity of foods here. I haven't tried the Indian restaurant on Hitt yet, and may someday, but I have never been a fan of Indian cuisine. Curries and I do not get along. It will be interesting to see what else they have to offer.
siege,

There is a Park Ave. Grill local tv shows in a commercial. They only show the outside of a building very quickly.

Would the Park Ave Grill be the restaurant you were mentioning here? I'd never heard of it prior to the commercials.

MSR

Old 02-05-2015, 08:50 PM

82 posts, read 97,539 times
I haven't seen the commercial as yet. The restaurant is on the north end of downtown Idaho Falls, just above the Dessert Industries thrift store. I ate there once, about a month ago. They have an amazing variety on the menu.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:25 PM

Things that make you go "hmmmmmm ?? ".....
Anyone know what is going on at the vacant property on the southeast corner of Broadway and Utah ? Paul Menser's blog mentioned a site plan being filed. That is a big piece of property, from Broadway, all the way down to where the potato cellars were, south of the railroad tracks.

Also.....it looks like there is some work going on inside the former Bill's Bike Shop on Holmes and about 8th street. Driving by, it is hard to tell if it's just a clean up, or a remodel. Any info on what may be going in there ?
Great traffic flow for a retail business.

Last edited by siege; 02-05-2015 at 09:37 PM..

Old 02-07-2015, 10:36 AM

Default Holmes Location

Quote:
Things that make you go "hmmmmmm ?? ".....
Anyone know what is going on at the vacant property on the southeast corner of Broadway and Utah ? Paul Menser's blog mentioned a site plan being filed. That is a big piece of property, from Broadway, all the way down to where the potato cellars were, south of the railroad tracks.

Also.....it looks like there is some work going on inside the former Bill's Bike Shop on Holmes and about 8th street. Driving by, it is hard to tell if it's just a clean up, or a remodel. Any info on what may be going in there ?
Great traffic flow for a retail business.
IDK, siege, about the Utah Ave. (Taylor's Crossing) area. I saw Paul's post too.

I did read all the documents about the rezoning and annexation of Sunnyside and 15th East. Let's see what happens at the next 1-2 City Council meetings. The Utah Ave area was included in some of the discussion.
I'm not saying whatever is going to be at the Utah Ave. is the same as Sunnyside and S. Woodruff. What I am saying is the city is changing a bit of what they want in various *Nodes*. That is the new buzz word. I'll explain further a different time.

Maybe Utah Ave. is the westside Togo's? IDK and IDK how big the area with plans is. I know Togo's eastside is opening soon.

As for the Holmes location, I believe that building is going to be used by St. Vincent de Paul. However, I don't know the specific plans for the building. I hope that helps.

MSR

Old 02-07-2015, 12:11 PM

Togo's is open. My wife had lunch from there yesterday, and really enjoyed it. She said the roast beef is very fresh, properly rare, and that all the sandwiches are piled high with meat.
The property on S.Utah is smaller than the footprint at Walmart, across the street, so I don't see a single big box store ( read : Costco ) there. Great location for a destination store, major highway frontage, close to interstate, great traffic pattern already established, and easy access. I can't see it remaining fallow much longer.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:41 PM

Default Sounds Like She Got Lucky

Quote:
Togo's is open. My wife had lunch from there yesterday, and really enjoyed it. She said the roast beef is very fresh, properly rare, and that all the sandwiches are piled high with meat.
The property on S.Utah is smaller than the footprint at Walmart, across the street, so I don't see a single big box store ( read : Costco ) there. Great location for a destination store, major highway frontage, close to interstate, great traffic pattern already established, and easy access. I can't see it remaining fallow much longer.
I read reviews of Togo's. I thought of what you wrote, siege, as only one other review of about 12 was positive.
Maybe Roast Beef is their thing. Many were upset at the cost vs. what they received. I hope the owners get the other recipes for some different sandwiches.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:48 PM

Default Unusual Shape

Quote:
That property on Utah Ave.has to be the section north of the railroad tracks and south of Broadway. The railroad tracks are no longer functional are they? Still, they currently serve as an artificial divide. The north property has no signs and has been cleared. The south portion looks good and has a For Sale sign.

I don't think the North Property is big enough for Costco, but I could be wrong.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:04 PM

385 posts, read 526,597 times
went to Togos for lunch today and thoroughly enjoyed my Reuben sandwich! Lots of meat, had to take the other half home for lunch tomorrow. I guess I'll need to get on the review websites to offer my rating asap!

I think the poor initial reviews is one of those deals where dissatisfied customers are 100x more likely to offer a review online than someone who was happy. Maybe it's a sign of the times -- always easier to complain than it is to praise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls