U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2015, 01:05 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,807,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
And NuCore files for their nuclear license in 2016. I feel strongly this will happen. LA Flour finished work at Hanover then got involved with NuCore getting them open and filing all the preliminary stuff so they could get their nuclear license as soon as possible.

Areva is doing some of that preliminary work for NuCore.

A lot of things could happen at once
Oops, that should have been NuScale.

This is an article from OR last July. I have no idea who the companies are in WA state mentioned as having first option on running NuScale.

NuScale unveils plan for Idaho reactor
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 01:24 PM

Default Could this be Metallica Phase II?

I saw the reZone notice for property by Metallica from Agricultural to Manufacturing. I wonder if this is the next phase of Melalueca?

I remained on I-15 Sat. returning from a trip. I have to say seeing Melalueca's size and land available for growth was impressive Then Camper World and other construction close by make the west side of the I-15 look like part of the city. I am aware Melalueca is in the county. But those visiting the area for business purposes see there are two sides of growth along I-15.

The area certainly looks better and ready for additional growth.

MSR

Old 02-24-2015, 09:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,217 times
Quote:
How does that work in your company, dagoof? What does the company do when projects they want are 8-10 months away? How far in advance does your company line up commercial work?

We don't typically line up work that far in advance. We sometimes watch out for things that we know will be coming down the pipeline, but you can't let that affect your approach to bidding very much because if you don't end up with it, you've passed up good work and you're left high and dry.

I just hope that they do it right and let the local contractors have a fair shot at the work rather than shopping it their out-of-state influential friends as often happens these days.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:28 PM

374 posts, read 395,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I saw the reZone notice for property by Metallica from Agricultural to Manufacturing. I wonder if this is the next phase of Melalueca?

I remained on I-15 Sat. returning from a trip. I have to say seeing Melalueca's size and land available for growth was impressive Then Camper World and other construction close by make the west side of the I-15 look like part of the city. I am aware Melalueca is in the county. But those visiting the area for business purposes see there are two sides of growth along I-15.

The area certainly looks better and ready for additional growth.

MSR
I love Metallica! One of my faves!

Old 02-25-2015, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
I love Metallica! One of my faves!
Ha, Ha. Told you I'm getting words changed after I save them. I didn't look as I've been in the ER and on the floor with a family membet today/ yesterday. I escaped for some breathing room and read this. Glad I did, it made me laugh.

Fortunately, the worst word change I've had happen was in an email to Cleosmom. Can't tell you how happy I was that word didn't go to others or post here etc.!

Back inside I go......

BTW, EIRMC has already started the E.R. remodel. Only the docs knew about the other stuff I've told you about. Good things will be happening.....

Old 02-25-2015, 03:52 PM

24,494 posts, read 16,493,977 times
Ahh…
Melaleuca…
Hogwarts On The Prarie.
What was Vandersloot thinking of?

Old 02-25-2015, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagoof View Post
We don't typically line up work that far in advance. We sometimes watch out for things that we know will be coming down the pipeline, but you can't let that affect your approach to bidding very much because if you don't end up with it, you've passed up good work and you're left high and dry.

I just hope that they do it right and let the local contractors have a fair shot at the work rather than shopping it their out-of-state influential friends as often happens these days.
Yes, we all want our locals to have the work. Funny how that goes. I'm not sure it's always about friends vs. some regional managers of some corporations use a certain company for 4-5 states because they know the quality of their work. I can understand that.

Hopefully, your company does a large enough volume a lot of different types of businesses get a good look.

MSR

Old 02-25-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Ahh…
Melaleuca…
Hogwarts On The Prarie.
What was Vandersloot thinking of?
Should I ask what you mean, Mike? This is about construction, development etc..... Perhaps we should have a different thread for "influential locals" or something similar

Old 02-25-2015, 10:46 PM

Default Dirt is Moving in SRL, What's Being Built Next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQuixote View Post
Here's a photo of the Hilton Home2 Suites I snapped during lunchtime. They're really taking advantage of the abnormally mild winter.
Wow, I saw this briefly today. A lot has changed since the picture. They are booking it.

Nice work, Chris et al

One question, Chris, if you can say. It's ok if you can't. I saw a completed Home2 Suites last week and the one I saw had the entire first floor leased to outside businesses. I think there was a Subway and something else I recognized briefly as I drove by (maybe a non-Starbucks coffee shop or something). I went by it one more time and while I didn't stop, indeed there were different business signs for the entire first floor. I know tmp4 has stayed in the Home2 Suites as well. Is it the norm to lease the first floor out to different small businesses, or was the one I saw last week the "different one." I can believe they developor would have to have compromised to put businesses in that corner location, where the one I saw is located. But, I've never been that close to a completed one before. Hopefully, one of you two can comment about what we should expect here.

Ok, who knows the answer as I do not and there were not signs in SRL for this one. Dirt was being moved by a backhoe and grader. It's staked out for something, I'd wonder about a smaller restaurant? It's not on restaurant row but immediately south across the street. It's kind of by that Northwest Insurance building, or whatever the name is of that business.

All ideas are wanted and welcome.

And I was flying, I mean driving by, so I didn't have a chance to get a photo. This is the first time I've seen a sign up showing where the Events Center will be located. SRL is happening again.

It could be a really interesting six months.

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 02-25-2015 at 11:34 PM..

Old 02-26-2015, 02:22 PM

91 posts, read 59,445 times
I've never seen that as it is an extended stay with full kitchens in each suite. I'm guessing that is the exception, not the norm. Although most do offer a full breakfast included in your price and they also offer a small market in their lobbies. The big focus of this new chain is eco-friendliness. They have recycling containers in all locations and strive to have the smallest foot print possible without sacrificing spacious suites. They also have a jogging/walking path on most properties. This is why, I assume, they chose SRL as they have ready access to the already established trails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or