Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 12:11 PM

75 posts, read 87,362 times

Advertisements

Local News 8 is reporting that construction has begun on a Popeye's Chicken next to DL Evans bank in SCC.

Also, something is going on with the area by Guns and Gear (Eagle Ridge? Is that what that's called?). They have Crane drive dug up at the 90 degree turn onto Snake River Parkway, and all traffic is diverted around. It's been that way for about 3 weeks now. Looks like maybe 100 yards of the road is dug up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 01:34 PM

432 posts, read 533,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQuixote View Post
Local News 8 is reporting that construction has begun on a Popeye's Chicken next to DL Evans bank in SCC.

Also, something is going on with the area by Guns and Gear (Eagle Ridge? Is that what that's called?). They have Crane drive dug up at the 90 degree turn onto Snake River Parkway, and all traffic is diverted around. It's been that way for about 3 weeks now. Looks like maybe 100 yards of the road is dug up.
Eagle Ridge is the correct name of that development. They are realigning the road so it connects to Snake River Parkway only and no longer to Pioneer Road.

My gut tells me that there must be a few planned projects or high interest in the property or they wouldn't be doing all the work. My biggest hope is they put in some awesome landscaping and help tie it into SRL.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:33 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Eagle Ridge is the correct name of that development. They are realigning the road so it connects to Snake River Parkway only and no longer to Pioneer Road.

My gut tells me that there must be a few planned projects or high interest in the property or they wouldn't be doing all the work. My biggest hope is they put in some awesome landscaping and help tie it into SRL.
Dang, I got kicked off line and lost my post. Yes, I agree, even though it is a lot of equipment, I think it's all to extend Sn.Rvr Pkwy to S. Utah Ave. And I believe the old "Pioneer Road" name is suppose to get changed too. I do think there are interested companies.

Meanwhile, Dan, what about SRL? Plenty of equipment there too. Cement has been poured west of Bandon apartments. I'm not sure if that is connected with the Falls Landing apts. or not. Location wise, I'd say no. But lots of things happening where the apartments are going.

Additionally, the sign for Jackson Hole Junction is up. It looks to me like two hotels will be in the northwestern corner. I doubt they would be built at the same time. I guess it depends on need. But bet there will be restaurant in that area tmp4 always wanted a Cracker Barrell, me too. That company does like interstate access, but who knows? The office buildings look like they are closest to the entrerredance. I'm a little puzzled what businesses here would want office space there. What do you think?

Finally, both you IF Guy and Theotherdude, have mentioned the east side of Woodruff. I think there is a businesses heased for close to the road leading to the new Alpha Graphics (west side of Woodruff) south of the Car Dealership. That one area should have been aneed last night. I think I mistakingly alluded to all the land between Kearney and Lincoln Road earlier. While it all is being plated etc. to be annexed probably within two months or so, this one section was separate.

It's zoned General Commercial. Ideas anyone of what is going on Woodruff?

Old 09-03-2015, 04:21 PM

434 posts, read 416,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Eagle Ridge is the correct name of that development. They are rligning the road so it connects to Snake River Parkway only and no longer to Pioneer Road.

Crane rd never connected to pioneer road. At least in many years. And SRP will connect to pioneer rd (the event center will necessitate better access to pioneer rd). Im not so sure about landscaping but the street lights are to be similar to those in SRL

For now, the sidewalks and street lights are only going in around the above mentioned intersections and down crane dr not through the whole development. So look for that area to be develpoed first. I dont think the rest of it to the north will be long after

As for woodruff, that would explain the property markers I saw there. my guess would either be office space or maybe a car service shop.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
The other thing I know is Shane Murphy is building a Java Express in Poky and apparently a fourth one in Hall Park shopping center on 17th. That's Woodruff and 17th Street, but the first one eastbound. He has a new design for Poky, I hope the Hall Park is the same design with some indoor seating.
Bizmojo reports that he is building the java express at Woodruff & St. Clair roads. The only open space there is city owned property. Perhaps it was a mistake. It doesnt seem like hall park plaza has the room for it either unless he buys out an existing business.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Bizmojo reports that he is building the java express at Woodruff & St. Clair roads. The only open space there is city owned property. Perhaps it was a mistake. It doesnt seem like hall park plaza has the room for it either unless he buys out an existing business.
Hi Theotherdude,

Did you happen to read what Chris and I posted one or two pages ago about this? IDK for sure, but unless there has been a misprint of addresses, I suspect your last line is correct. What Chris wrote made me check this out closely because I didn't even know a certain business was in that development.

My hope is maybe the owners of the established business wish to relocate to one of the new developments. Maybe they will open a business northbound on Woodruff, across from Bentley St. The area you, IFGUY and I have been discussing. I have no knowledge of anything. I simply think 17th St. and 25th East have a lot of options for coffee. The Development on Woodruff, as one example, would be a great place to build a coffee drive through with or without some possible seating inside or patio seating too. There are locations on N. Yellowstone, N. Holmes or Anderson, let alone by University Blvd., which would be areas I think a coffee business would do very well.

Good pick up on your part

BTW, sorry for all the typo things regarding the Woodruff area. Autocorrect is strange. Sometimes stopping to write something while doing something else yields weird auto corrects. I don't claim to understand it

Old 09-05-2015, 10:19 AM

Well Chris, you have to be the model employee. I'm positive it has been difficult to visit here much this summer. I will write I hope when you've read our comments about various buildings and projects starting that the appreciation many of us have for Ball Ventures comes through. One thing I admire so much is employees of BV don't share all that BV is doing in any of the state's the company has projects. I think you and I can still discuss some EIRMC plans though (look back a few pages).

Additionally, I appreciate the deep dedication to the City of I.F. and Ammon, B.V. has shown. There are times I know it would be much easier for BV to invest and build in other states. I'll simply say one can learn about BV sacrifices if digging not too deeply. I will never post certain things I find. It's called professionalism, respect and perhaps even sharing some of the frustrations BV employees must have, with how business does or doesn't happen locally. BV has had a more difficult path, IMO, given the failures everyone saw with Taylor Crossing. I think that is a good place to end, although there is more I could write. As area residents who like to post about developments here, some of us know more than we're willing to openly write; and we like what BV's has done. I credit BV as re-energizing the City, County, Region and other developers that development is a good thing for Idaho Falls, Bonneville County, Ammon and beyond

What I saw today first made me laugh then smile

It turns out one of the two large new hangars on Flightline is for Ball Ventures. I'm very happy to know the aircraft will be in one of those hangars, given how many different states BV is developing projects. Again, BV leads the way to show how much business the City of I.F. gets from them.

I also think those hangars are large enough that prospective business owners could fly their aircraft into IFRA and it would be well cared for inside of the BV hangar for privacy. Business deals can get ruined if certain competition or others know that some are meeting. That is kind of sad, IMO.

Who knows, maybe Morgan Construction, Woodbury Corp. or others are building the second hangar. I'm happy it is here, not a different airport or state. More business requires more transportation options and privacy. Or maybe Aero Mark needs another hangar; there are many possibilities.

I hope the Ball Ventures hangar is the one furthest south by Grandview. I hope there will be a nice sign that those flying in read Ball Ventures. :

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 09-05-2015 at 10:30 AM..

Old 09-08-2015, 07:11 PM

Read it or listen to it, whatever makes you the happiest. Yes, they do say need NEW HOTELS. We know Homes 2 Suites opens in days. When will Woodbury start the next Marriott?

Do you think two hotels will be built at JHJ, or one there and one close to Eagle Ridge, or potentially in Eagle Ridge -- I'm not sure about the room for a hotel and zoning in Eagle Ridge for a hotel. I know the land south of the WalMart on S. Utah is zoned for hotels--would this be a likely location? Or do we see another hotel in SRL and one on vacant ground on Lindsay Blvd. Or how about hotels by the new Rick Warner $10,000,000 Complex being built? Or Northside where Hitt Road or North Homes connect with the highway? Or another one Eastside and one where? What are the best locations, in your opinion?

-Write your thoughts, please, of who will get some more hotels built. Almost 1 million visitors to YNP in July alone shattering all records. I do know for a fact the hotels were sold out anywhere from 3-5 times this past summer. I'll explain if anyone wants to know.

Think of the $ for the Events Center that will have been collected. And visitors without kids attending school, are still visiting

Upper Valley businesses see big boost thanks to tourism | News - Home

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 09-08-2015 at 07:20 PM..

Old 09-09-2015, 02:18 AM

I think it was Rusty Townsend (owner of the hilton garden and the new home2suites) that said that this has been the best summer the hotel has ever had. By this summer, i had already heard rumor that plans for another new hotel were in the works. That may or may not have been the springhill we know is going in TC. I still believe that were only seeing the start of this boom. I am willing to bet that we'll hear of multiple others by next spring. As far as location, just look at recent trends. The river/interstate corridor is hot from sunnyside all the way to US 20 with a probability of increasing interest south of sunnyside. I think that the money in this area is gonna make it difficult for any developer to see past it and build anywhere else. There will likely be more restaurants and retail to follow. Visiting my favorite restaurant sporadically throughout the summer, Jaliscos near hotel row, I noted that they were much busier than normal regardless of the day of week.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
I think it was Rusty Townsend (owner of the hilton garden and the new home2suites) that said that this has been the best summer the hotel has ever had. By this summer, i had already heard rumor that plans for another new hotel were in the works. That may or may not have been the springhill we know is going in TC. I still believe that were only seeing the start of this boom. I am willing to bet that we'll hear of multiple others by next spring. As far as location, just look at recent trends. The river/interstate corridor is hot from sunnyside all the way to US 20 with a probability of increasing interest south of sunnyside. I think that the money in this area is gonna make it difficult for any developer to see past it and build anywhere else. There will likely be more restaurants and retail to follow. Visiting my favorite restaurant sporadically throughout the summer, Jaliscos near hotel row, I noted that they were much busier than normal regardless of the day of week.

I agree with the area's you mentioned, Theotherdude, as they should be busy. You tipped me off privately about that hotel. Nothing says Springhill is the one you got some info about in spring. There are a couple of reasons I'd argue these are different buildings. But of course it's just a guess on my part I'll try to get a PM sent with some info that I don't feel is appropriate to post openly.

Jaliscos...ummm

I think we could see very different levels of hotels built, depending on the location. The Rick Lambert Truck Center has sleeping quarters for drivers; however, I wouldn't be surprised to see a smaller, less expensive hotel in the area. There are other Semi dealerships located close by, let alone Doug Andrus. Andrus did or is doing an expansion to their facility. It wasn't huge, maybe $500K, but I remembered thinking the facility was quite new to expand. I see a big potential to make that area a semi trucking business area. Get companies that can support the many things Rick Warner offers, to have a local business there. Plus, I'd be looking (as REDI) about trying to attract other trucking service centers or point of distribution centers. Somebody delivers goods and products to MT, WY, ND and ID. Trucks could deliver products south as well to UT, NV and possibly western ID and eastern OR and eastern WA. Why not try to grow a semi truck distribution and repairs locally as a part of the economy? We have a lot of trucking companies in the area and more driving through.

Finally, I saw something today that makes me wonder about a new car dealership probably by the Teton VW on that pad which is more recessed from Sunnyside. I don't know the location, but I'd say by the two Teton Dealerships or across the road by the two Smith dealerships.

Has anyone heard anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls