Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2015, 07:57 AM

434 posts, read 417,031 times

Advertisements

Northwest cosmetics is building a large facility near their current one. They have been in operation for about 15 years and have expanded their facility 3 or 4 times. The project has begun but is on hold til spring. If I remember correct, they are leasing the current facility. That doesnt indicate whether or not they will continue to use it or not.

Also, Cives Steel in Ucon is expanding its place this spring. I am not sure how large the expansion will be as plans could have changed since building 3 years ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 10:58 AM

385 posts, read 526,421 times
the new Broulims at SCC looks awesome! good news segment with sneak peeks at the interior. freshly prepared meals, a dining area upstairs, clean, spacious, a DQ / Orange Julius....

Broulims opens on Monday. I've been looking for a reason to stop shopping at Albertson's, so today's trip hopefully marks the last time.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:37 PM

168 posts, read 174,266 times
The wife and I visited the new Borulims in Ammon today. It is a beautiful store and is fully equipped to provide everything from Korean tacos to fried chicken as ready-to-eat foods, and is a complete grocery and dry goods store as well.
Prices looked to be competitive on basic stuff like deli meats/cheeses, frozen foods, paper products, and most typical needs.
The bakery is far and away better than anything available in any other grocery store in I.F., and the specialty chese section seems to be missing nothing.
The sushi counter was clean, very fresh and very good (we bought some "california rolls"), and I can see some quick and easy dinners in our future, courtesy of the "Asian food" take-away counter, sandwich bar, and the excellent deli salad section.

All in all, an excellent addition to the neighborhood.

If it wasn't for Broulims being closed Sundays, I'd call them the demise of Albertsons, but since Albertsons is open Sundays AND sells Madison River Brewing's "Copper John Scotch Ale", I'll still have occasion to go back to them, though FAR LESS frequently than in the past.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:54 PM

385 posts, read 526,421 times
I, too, enjoyed my visit to Broulim's today. Good to know they're closed on Sundays -- I was unaware.

another tip I learned today: you can't buy beer or wine through the self-checkout. have to go through a cashier register

Old 12-23-2015, 02:27 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Broulims is higher end and caters to so much through their DELI. Watch theirs prices after the holidays. The Sandcreek store might be their critical mass of certain foods or other supplies carried by both. But as recently as six months ago a different Broulims was double the cost. For some of their Deli and more, the prices may be worth it; other goods, maybe not.

Both and Broulim's and Albertson's were started in Idaho. I think there is plenty of need and demand for both. Seriously, new schools and expanding businesses don't occur where stores aren't doing well. Plus, I want to know who has the latest pharmacy hours. That is a battle quite easy to win but few consider it. I would. Few come in for one rx at 10:00 p.m. Those people need either new prescriptions and tend to buy other things while they wait. Or, they tend to dislike shopping and want to go when the least number of people obstruct aisles.

So no one has posted anything about development. Interesting. Ah come on, do you really think there will be only one electrical station for cars? I think we can anticipate a dealership with at least half Tesla. There are zero, unless some are finally being built in Utah. It would meet Tesla's goals to put one in Idaho Falls.

Construction on the Springhill Suites starts in Feb. Woodbury wants to be open for summer 2017.

More later ~

Old 12-23-2015, 10:06 PM

So the preferred plan for Kelsch Redevelopment is Trader Joe's or an Imax, to include the next building. I think my idea of entertainment options in Eagle Ridge works better for an Imax. Whatever. The geo analyses must have come back okay as they weren't discussed, except what use to be there in past decades. Speed is the thing now. Which contractor can deliver a Trader's Joe and the other mixed use design and get dirt dug by April?

The Bonneville is going to be a little different. The powers that be want a lot of those apartments built for summer or post doc students. AKA -think INL for at least a third of housing. I have an idea how that could work with a complimentary business. Ultimately, it will be up to the contractor and what they can make work.

Do hear if you have a summer to six month rental, INL probably wants to know.

Before I write about anything else, I'll simply say either McNeil Development had great attorneys or McNeil traded some property or sold some land. I have seen one design that perhaps someone else is building in that mix. I simply do not understand any potential condo bldg. that MacNeil apparently would own. I know there was originally, but I mean as other people and companies have had to step in to save the five tower Residential Inn and other.

IF anyone can enlighten me about McNeil, please do.

There will be a lot of Happy Building in 2016

And real estate is tight here too. A guaranteed 5% in a year is far too low, IMO. Thinking current rentals will be increased 17% in three years, I think that depends some on the pending five or six PUDS and who can get their plans approved. I won't be surprised to see Ammon build first. Two major projects in IF are getting residents protesting and blocking them.

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 12-23-2015 at 11:25 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 09:54 AM

Technically this should go in Bonneville County, but since we don't have a separate category, I'll add this here.

Bids are now posted for two (2) new fire stations in 8B. I think their locations are more than coincidence. Fire stations always interest me as there has to be the business/residential need of where they are located. Also, further proof the current BMPO plan is currently outdated.

I don't know the size of these fire stations only their locations. Anyone who has read what I've written about County growth won't be too shocked at the locations. One will be on 6500 South or York Road. Not surprisingly it will be the York Station. The second is called the Faust Station. It will be about 55th West and Broadway.

IDK anticipated start dates. But I know they can't be too far out (several months) to solicit bids now.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 12-29-2015 at 10:29 AM..

Old 12-31-2015, 11:16 AM

432 posts, read 534,072 times
Wow. Development news took a nose dive over the holiday for sure. Hopefully it will pick back up next week.

That's great news about the new fire stations! Seems to me there is a lack of fire/paramedic outside of city limits. Considering those areas are high growth, once city limits encompass those areas, Idaho Falls will probably just take over.

It's nice to see some forward thinking going on. Now it's time to get the roads and highways up to snuff ahead of future development because I don't think it's going to slow down much.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:16 PM

25 posts, read 20,236 times
I am very excited for the development going on by the Residence Inn, now I do have a question, where are those plans for the Springhill Suites? Are they available online or just to the City?

Old 01-06-2016, 01:07 PM

434 posts, read 417,031 times
Ive wanted to see something as well. From what I understand, Woodbury is developing all the land going south up to the office buildings. A couple of way to early guesses as to what they will build; an upscale restaurant or two, a venue for wedding receptions, and maybe more offices. I dont know if zoning allows for residential or not. I try to think of other similar developments by Woodbury but I dont know of any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls