Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2008, 04:20 PM

59 posts, read 232,761 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at moving to Idaho Falls next year and would like to read up on the laws of having a home based business.
Would anyone be willing to share their experiences with this?
Zone laws, obtaining a small business, etc...

At this time I sale sewing supplies, kits and quilt for others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 05:50 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Question Have you Asked the City of I.F.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanie missouri View Post
I'm looking at moving to Idaho Falls next year and would like to read up on the laws of having a home based business.
Would anyone be willing to share their experiences with this?
Zone laws, obtaining a small business, etc...

At this time I sale sewing supplies, kits and quilt for others.
Jeanie,

I don't have personal experience with a home business. I have read about a few locally. Maybe others can give you their views/experiences.

I would strongly encourage you to visit the City of Idaho Falls website for more info. and ask the city your questions.

Currently, there is a major change in Day Care Regulations happening. The City of Idaho Falls decided to get tougher on Day Care Laws when the state wouldn't do it. Given that you work in sewing/quilting etc., I doubt the assertive actions now with Day Cares would be the same for your type of business, but I don't know for sure.

Nonetheless, I'd be safe and contact the city to get the official policies. I've always received an answer when I've emailed. Furthermore, you can learn a lot more about the city from either reading about aspects of it, reading or listening by MP3 to the City Council meetings etc.

That link is: The City of Idaho Falls - Where great adventure begins... (http://www.ci.idaho-falls.id.us/main/Index.asp - broken link)

I hope that helps.....

MSR

Old 03-10-2008, 08:32 PM

59 posts, read 232,761 times
Thank you I greatly appreciate the info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls