Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 04:20 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

Can we start listing WiFi spots in Idaho Falls/Ammon, please? I know many of us know some but they may not be as accessible or obvious to those either traveling through or those who are relocating and need internet access to learn where things are locally.

Are there any car care service centers that offer it or laundromats etc. ? That is info that most don't think of needing until the need arises and they can't get online.

And please update if WiFi has been removed, although I think that is doubtful.

Also, is there any business in Idaho Falls/Ammon who rents a single computer if one is needed temporarily by an individual? I've always thought this would be a great business, along with computer rentals like FedEx does in bigger cities.

I'll start by listing a couple of WiFis locations.

1. Starbucks
2. Barnes and Noble

Looking forward to info from those who know.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 09:29 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Teton Toyota has free WiFi, so does Texas Roadhouse, Buffalo Wild Wings, McD's at Walmart in Ammon (my silly phone always tries to pick it up , I think most McD's, don't know as I don't frequent there.

As far as renting one, clueless...

Old 03-31-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Teton Toyota has free WiFi, so does Texas Roadhouse, Buffalo Wild Wings, McD's at Walmart in Ammon (my silly phone always tries to pick it up , I think most McD's, don't know as I don't frequent there.

As far as renting one, clueless...
Thanks Cleosmom. I'll sure be happy when you get enough rep points for your gold star! You've helped so many people with info, including me.

WiFi Access in Idaho Falls/Ammon

1. Starbucks - Near Idaho Falls Walmart, Olive Garden and Fairfield Inn (Houston Street)
2. Barnes and Noble - Grand Teton Mall
3. Teton Toyota - Sunnyside exit
4. Texas Roadhouse - - 25th East (AKA Hitt Road) the one that divides Idaho Falls and Ammon
5. Buffalo Wild Wings - - in Snake River Landing near the river.
6. McDonald at Ammon Walmart -

If others add more please copy the above list and post in your post. I know one Laundromat advertises they have WiFi, but I don't know for sure so I don't want to list it.

MSR

Old 03-31-2013, 11:08 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Talking Hotels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Thanks Cleosmom. I'll sure be happy when you get enough rep points for your gold star! You've helped so many people with info, including me.

1. Starbucks - Near Idaho Falls Walmart, Olive Garden and Fairfield Inn (Houston Street)
4. Texas Roadhouse - - 25th East (AKA Hitt Road) the one that divides Idaho Falls and Ammon
6. McDonald at Ammon Walmart -

If others add more please copy the above list and post in your post. I know one Laundromat advertises they have WiFi, but I don't know for sure so I don't want to list it.

MSR
Hey, MSR, we are planning our initial look at IF/Poky for early to mid September so this is good info for us. Thanks for thinking of it. Most larger hotel/motel chains provide free Wifi for their guests. I made our reservations and never even thought to ask, since there are Starbucks everywhere and their modus operendi
is to give that service to keep folks in the store drinking coffee and eating muffins.

And was glad to see a Buffalo Wild Wings in town as I was beginning to wonder if I would shed any of my extra weight while we visit. Now I'm assured of probably adding another pound or two. Thanks for the great health tip included with the wifi info!!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Hey, MSR, we are planning our initial look at IF/Poky for early to mid September so this is good info for us. Thanks for thinking of it. Most larger hotel/motel chains provide free Wifi for their guests. I made our reservations and never even thought to ask, since there are Starbucks everywhere and their modus operendi
is to give that service to keep folks in the store drinking coffee and eating muffins.

And was glad to see a Buffalo Wild Wings in town as I was beginning to wonder if I would shed any of my extra weight while we visit. Now I'm assured of probably adding another pound or two. Thanks for the great health tip included with the wifi info!!!!
You're welcome Warden for anything I've done to help. You never know what we'll be thinking of next to add as threads. Please continue to contribute

Yes, almost all the hotels have WiFi - - It's a good point to make though.

I was thinking of travelers or new residents who didn't have their ISPs in place yet and needed info..

Does anyone know if ISU/IF has WiFi or EITC?

I can add Bella Vita to the list too.

1. Starbucks - Near Idaho Falls Walmart, Olive Garden and Fairfield Inn (Houston Street) - close to "The Falls" in downtown Idaho Falls
6. McDonald at Ammon Walmart - 25th East (Hitt Road) about 12th East
7. Bella Vita Coffeehouse ---in Snake River Landing (Lots of yummy homemade deserts and meals, but check the hours they are open).

MSR

Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times

1. Starbucks - Near Idaho Falls Walmart, Olive Garden and Fairfield Inn (Houston Street) - close to "The Falls" in downtown Idaho Falls
7. Bella Vita Coffeehouse ---in Snake River Landing (Lots of yummy homemade deserts and meals, but check the hours they are open).
8. Bistro Off Broadway
9.Marcellar's Vintage Wines & Brews
10.Holiday Inn Express
11.Shari's
12. Idaho Falls Public Library you need to get ID and PIN at the desk
13. Downtown area - from the county buildings overlooking the Greenbelt, the east side of the Greenbelt and up and down 'A' street and Park.
14. Best Western Driftwood Inn

Old 04-02-2013, 03:08 PM

Darn, you're good, Cleosmom! Sorry I can't rep you again. I hope others will to help get you closer to that gold star you deserve.

8. Bistro Off Broadway
10.Holiday Inn Express
11.Shari's
13. Downtown area - from the county buildings overlooking the Greenbelt, the east side of the Greenbelt and up and down 'A' street and Park.
15. Cedric's on west Broadway - downtown
16. Wendy's on west Broadway in front of the Fairfield Inn
17. I think Burger King on west Broadway
18. Bullfrog.com (In the Verizon store a few doors down from Starbucks).
19. All Marriott, Holiday Inn, Hilton/Hampton Inn and other chain hotels.

This list is growing, which is great.

MSR

Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 PM

175 posts, read 421,465 times
Almost any hotel/motels signal can be picked up from the parking lots.....

Old 04-02-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ruehl View Post
Almost any hotel/motels signal can be picked up from the parking lots.....
exactly and many restaurants too.

That being said, I can't write one of the network names here that was available. I'm sure the owner uses those words to keep users confused of which business it is.

If you learn of any others I-Ruehl, please post them.

MSR

Old 04-02-2013, 11:53 PM

Well I was right there is a Laundromat that has WiFi, but the one advertised does not have it. The one that does I discovered by accident (it's open 24 hrs/day). It's the Double Bubble by the Ammon Walmart and the World Gym. I guess you can let your clothes wash and go to the gym for a while ... LOL

8. Bistro Off Broadway
10.Holiday Inn Express
11.Shari's
15. Cedric's on west Broadway - downtown
16. Wendy's on west Broadway in front of the Fairfield Inn
17. I think Burger King on west Broadway
18. Bullfrog.com (In the Verizon store a few doors down from Starbucks).
19. All Marriott, Holiday Inn, Hilton/Hampton Inn and other chain hotels.
20. Double Bubble Laundromat - on 25th East by Ammon Walmart and World Gym.

This list is growing, which is great.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls