U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 10:46 PM

1,531 posts, read 987,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
There is a new Thai place in town, and the rest of them have been taken down a notch or two.

Dee Kitchen is currently in "Pre-Grand Opening" mode, and open for business, specializing in authentic Thai food and Pho Noodles. They are in the strip mall on the West side of Hitt (So. 25th East), across from TJ Max and Sportsmans Warehouse.

I have been disappointed with the other "Thai" offerings in the area, one that rhymes with "Dung Strep", and the other more of a quick lunch stop when visiting Shopko or Sams, but lacking in freshness, quality or authenticity of their offerings.

Dee Kitchen has set the bar very high, with fresh, excellent food, authentically prepared and surpassing expectations on all counts. I haven't had any Thai food this good in years. The Pad Thai and Drunken Noodles were excellent, with the perfect flavorings and spices, served up in good-sized portions. The house special curry was outstanding, creamy, and delicious, with lots of crispy veggies and perfectly cooked pork (other meats and veggie only are options). The service was also excellent, and the prices very reasonable.

If you like Thai food, you owe it to yourself to try this new menu at Dees Kitchen.
Thanks for the tip. I've been searching for a really good Thai restaurant in Eastern Idaho. We come over from Wyoming every month or so. I'll definitely give this place a try. I'm ready to feast on some authentic and delicious Pad Thai in particular.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 09:19 PM

164 posts, read 150,860 times
Watch out, Blue Hashi ! !

Smokin Fins has opened in downtown Idaho Falls, in the Broadway building, and after two visits, I can heartily endorse the new place in town.

Fantastic seared Ahi and scallops on the first trip, along with excellent appetizers, which included crab stuffed avocado (highly recommended), and the best calamari I have had in Idaho Falls. The sushi dishes are equally outstanding, easily overshadowing our previous preferred IF restaurants.

Follow-up visits provided us with some exquisite fish and chips for lunch, as well as awesome fish tacos (they have multiple kinds).

This is our new go-to for evening dinners or quick lunches in downtown Idaho Falls, and a great start on the downtown redevelopment currently underway.

P.S. Do Not assume you can get in and dine without a reservation during busy evening hours, or you'll be standing in queue for quite a while.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:57 AM

5,106 posts, read 3,892,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
Thanks for the tip. I've been searching for a really good Thai restaurant in Eastern Idaho. We come over from Wyoming every month or so. I'll definitely give this place a try. I'm ready to feast on some authentic and delicious Pad Thai in particular.
Any good Thai restaurants in Wyoming?

Old 01-14-2019, 07:52 PM

1,531 posts, read 987,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Any good Thai restaurants in Wyoming?
Not that I have found yet in Western Wyoming. ☹️

Old 01-15-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
Not that I have found yet in Western Wyoming. ☹️
Keep us posted.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:47 AM

7 posts, read 7,370 times
The Italian place near Broulims, Ferraro, has closed

Old 02-05-2019, 10:31 AM

5,289 posts, read 17,554,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathymee View Post
And I never even made it there!

Old 02-05-2019, 09:25 PM

164 posts, read 150,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathymee View Post
Apparently we are short on Italians here in eastern Idaho. Whooda thunk?

Although my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our one dining experience at Ferraro's, and always said we need to go back, I guess we just had too many other options that we preferred, thanks to the ever-expanding dining opportunities in I.F.

In retrospect, the Italian eateries we have been drawn to and frequented throughout the years have all been cozy, familial, inviting environments, and Ferraro's was a bit sterile when we were there, with one open room, and little table privacy or intimacy, as is often expected when dining Italian.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:10 AM

5,289 posts, read 17,554,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
Apparently we are short on Italians here in eastern Idaho. Whooda thunk?

Although my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our one dining experience at Ferraro's, and always said we need to go back, I guess we just had too many other options that we preferred, thanks to the ever-expanding dining opportunities in I.F.

In retrospect, the Italian eateries we have been drawn to and frequented throughout the years have all been cozy, familial, inviting environments, and Ferraro's was a bit sterile when we were there, with one open room, and little table privacy or intimacy, as is often expected when dining Italian.
If you haven't already, you might want to try Buddy's in Pocatello

Old 02-07-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
If you haven't already, you might want to try Buddy's in Pocatello
if you want pizza just go to Costco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls