U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-14-2016, 06:54 PM
 
434 posts, read 379,992 times
Reputation: 179

Advertisements

A new pizza joint is coming. Anyone familiar with the pizza factory? No location was provided in the EIN article.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2016, 02:11 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,829,942 times
Reputation: 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
A new pizza joint is coming. Anyone familiar with the pizza factory? No location was provided in the EIN article.
I was excited to see the info until I investigated further. This CA -based chain wants to grow many places and enter two new states. Most of their restaurants in Idaho are in NID. Cd'A has one but otherwise they are small towns. That's okay but leaves me wondering how come they haven't entered larger markets and how much is too much competition.

Anyway, here's the link Theotherdude referenced: What 475 New US Troops Headed to Iraq Won I read was they are seeking franchisees in the "Idaho Falls area." I didn't bother to look at their buy in costs as it was sadly evident this "Pizza Factory" is different than the one I know. I'd love to have the one I know here but I think they are a regional, small chain. This "Pizza Factory" already has over 100 restaurants.

I do wonder how many more pizza establishments the area can handle. A few would do well on the growing westside, IMO.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2016, 02:29 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,829,942 times
Reputation: 6283
Default Black Bear Restaurant

It looks like work is starting more seriously at the Black Bear Diner. Because I know next to nothing about this growing regional chain, except they opened in Pocatello a few months ago, I recently decided to try one when I was out-of-state and close to one.

The food I had was good. I find their menu, at least online, confusing. It is probably much clearer in the restaurant. Dinner entrees come with two side dishes and either soup or salad. It helps to know that when ordering an entree. Their portions are big! Had I been at home and able to refrigerate, I would have had plenty of food for a second night. If it is just you dining, ask if they have a smaller serving, unless you can store the extras.

I didn't order desert but those I saw looked good.

They serve breakfast all day. I don't know what they serve as I ordered dinner. Check out their menu

It appears they serve family food like you may find at a family member's home. I'd go again based on how good the food was. I believe they are open seven days/week. They close at 10:00 p.m.

https://blackbeardiner.com/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2016, 04:34 AM
 
5,110 posts, read 3,908,845 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
It looks like work is starting more seriously at the Black Bear Diner. Because I know next to nothing about this growing regional chain, except they opened in Pocatello a few months ago, I recently decided to try one when I was out-of-state and close to one.

The food I had was good. I find their menu, at least online, confusing. It is probably much clearer in the restaurant. Dinner entrees come with two side dishes and either soup or salad. It helps to know that when ordering an entree. Their portions are big! Had I been at home and able to refrigerate, I would have had plenty of food for a second night. If it is just you dining, ask if they have a smaller serving, unless you can store the extras.

I didn't order desert but those I saw looked good.

They serve breakfast all day. I don't know what they serve as I ordered dinner. Check out their menu

It appears they serve family food like you may find at a family member's home. I'd go again based on how good the food was. I believe they are open seven days/week. They close at 10:00 p.m.

https://blackbeardiner.com/
I am just curious when you go to this restaurant on weekends or busiest times can you find parking? Do you have to wait to get a table for 20 - 45 minutes like on a weekend?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2016, 10:03 AM
 
5,289 posts, read 17,564,798 times
Reputation: 3801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
A new pizza joint is coming. Anyone familiar with the pizza factory? No location was provided in the EIN article.
Yes, I'm totally familiar with this and can't wait!! True, we have several pizza places, but seriously they are national chains. That said, it doesn't mean PF won't become one. This business had it's start up just up the road from where I grew up, just outside Yosemite National Park.

I just hope their recipes have not changed. I remember when i was excited for Carl's Jr. to open, however it's nothing like I remember, which is fine.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2017, 10:41 PM
 
Location: Idaho Falls
82 posts, read 88,561 times
Reputation: 100
We tried to get into the Black Bear in Idaho Falls last week. After getting a late start, by the time we got there the parking lot was full all the way back to Zurchers, so we just went elsewhere. Last night was a different story. We got there about 6 pm, and while they were busy, we got right in and had a table in just a couple of minutes. I'm glad we waited a few days and tried again.
The menu is divided into small, medium and large sized portion dishes, and it's worthwhile taking a few extra minutes going over it.
I had the tri tip steak sandwich. There was a lot of thin sliced meat cooked to about medium. It was very tender, nicely seasoned, and had a good layer of melted cheese on it. Served on what they call a Tribeca roll, ( like a cibata hoagie ) it came with a flavorful, warm au jus dip. I ordered the Parmesan kettle chips with it, which were still warm, and very tasty. Portions were more than ample.
My wife had the fish and chips. 3 nice sized pieces of battered and fried fish, which got to the table while still steaming hot. Nice fresh fish flavor, mild, and not at all greasy. The fries were just fair, a little soggy, and bland to my taste. They were nothing special, but it wouldn't keep me away.
Overall, it was a nice experience. The restaurant was clean, bright and not very noisy. Service was good, and fast. We will go back again.
I REALLY want to try the breakfasts, so that will be on a weekend morning soon.

Last edited by siege; 02-14-2017 at 11:33 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2017, 11:05 AM
 
5,110 posts, read 3,908,845 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
We tried to get into the Black Bear in Idaho Falls last week. After getting a late start, by the time we got there the parking lot was full all the way back to Zurchers, so we just went elsewhere. Last night was a different story. We got there about 6 pm, and while they were busy, we got right in and had a table in just a couple of minutes. I'm glad we waited a few days and tried again.
The menu is divided into small, medium and large sized portion dishes, and it's worthwhile taking a few extra minutes going over it.
I had the tri tip steak sandwich. There was a lot of thin sliced meat cooked to about medium. It was very tender, nicely seasoned, and had a good layer of melted cheese on it. Served on what they call a Tribeca roll, ( like a cibata hoagie ) it came with a flavorful, warm au jus dip. I ordered the Parmesan kettle chips with it, which were still warm, and very tasty. Portions were more than ample.
My wife had the fish and chips. 3 nice sized pieces of battered and fried fish, which got to the table while still steaming hot. Nice fresh fish flavor, mild, and not at all greasy. The fries were just fair, a little soggy, and bland to my taste. They were nothing special, but it wouldn't keep me away.
Overall, it was a nice experience. The restaurant was clean, bright and not very noisy. Service was good, and fast. We will go back again.
I REALLY want to try the breakfasts, so that will be on a weekend morning soon.
I thought Idaho didn't have problems with lines, waiting and looking for parking
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2017, 04:34 PM
 
5,289 posts, read 17,564,798 times
Reputation: 3801
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
I thought Idaho didn't have problems with lines, waiting and looking for parking
Anytime we get something "new", there's always a wait.

Siege, the breakfast is wonderful at Black Bear
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2017, 06:33 PM
 
5,110 posts, read 3,908,845 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Anytime we get something "new", there's always a wait.

Siege, the breakfast is wonderful at Black Bear
we have tons of blackbear restaurants here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2017, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Idaho Falls
82 posts, read 88,561 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Anytime we get something "new", there's always a wait.

Siege, the breakfast is wonderful at Black Bear
The " Grizzly" looks awesome. And ample

Next up ? I'm looking forward to Culvers opening. As I understand it, the location will be at Taylor Crossing on The River, close to Pancheri Drive. Their online menu looks great, and the people I've talked to who have eaten there just love the place. I was really disappointed with Freddy's, and I believe Culver's will deliver what I had hoped Freddys would.

Any one know when they are scheduled to open ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top