U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2013, 01:43 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,255,303 times
Reputation: 6280

Advertisements

Wow, Natural Foods is being built fast. Opening in mid Nov. and already considering a restaurant. Traffic on 17th street will increase.

Dad's opening soon. It sounds like a MO-based eatery will have a presence with a specific chicken, along with pizza and other foods including Reed's Dairy products. I thought the original plans called for a restaurant. Does anyone know?

Has anyone tried the new popcorn/fudge store? If so what do you think?

And pw72, I think I know part of the answer of why the third location of Carls Jr. has opened in Idaho Falls and none in Pocatello. The two franchise owners have worked in Carls Jr. since the 70s. Somehow they know their market based on their success and locations. Maybe they have the rights to Poky but have to have X amount of business first or Poky still doesn't meet criteria.

MSR
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2013, 09:02 AM
 
385 posts, read 459,278 times
Reputation: 136
Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes...

Does anybody know the status of Cable One and their ongoing dispute with Turner? I saw last night that CNN, Headline News, TruTV, and many others were blacked out. Something about Turner trying to gouge Cable One for more money.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2013, 01:03 AM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,255,303 times
Reputation: 6280
Default Cost increase of ~ 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes...

Does anybody know the status of Cable One and their ongoing dispute with Turner? I saw last night that CNN, Headline News, TruTV, and many others were blacked out. Something about Turner trying to gouge Cable One for more money.
Yah. pw72 started a thread on the general ID section. From the news I've heard the TNT bloc of stations, which includes stations I've never heard of, increased the cost almost 50%. Of course they would do it during playoffs....they knew what they were doing.
Not sure what the outcome will be. Lots of business travelers count on CNN to stay connected. TBS and TNT are standards in cable and the Cartoon Cartoon network is a stable in many homes.

I'm a bit confused if the 4-5 other channels were going to be added or some were in place.....I didn't recognize the names of any of them.

Do you think think customers would pay more for the well known channels? I'd like to know when Cable One first learned of the increase?


tmp4, I don't know your house hunting status. Friends announced a new job and having to be moved by 10/31. Check your PMs as I want you to see this house they put on the market just hrs.ago. it's 4 bedrooms but they are willing to negotiate. It's in the neighborhood you've been looking for something.

MSR
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2013, 08:32 AM
 
385 posts, read 459,278 times
Reputation: 136
I'll be darned if I don't get to watch my Cardinals play tonight, even if it means I have to go to Firehouse and watch it at the bar!

I rarely watch CNN or HLN, but I do watch TBS and TNT from time to time. Would I pay more for those two? Maybe, but not too much. Certainly not 50% more! Hope they can reach a resolution soon, but it's good to see in the meantime that Cable One will issue prorated credits to their subscribers' accounts for the inconvenience.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2013, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
27,062 posts, read 18,347,041 times
Reputation: 21149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Tacoma Screw Products is building a 10,000 sq. ft. $850,000 building in the 1800 N. Yellowstone block. I'm trying to think of where that would be.

Apparently, there is one in Twin Falls and Boise. New to me.

MSR
There was a time when bolts and screws from Asia dominated the market. That all changed when testing disclosed that many Asian structural bolts, the Grade 8s, which hold things like bridges and skyscrapers together, failed to meet American engineering standards.

For a long time afterward, most contractors specified only U.S. made bolts as a result, and it revived an entire industry that was on it's last legs.

A buddy of mine was a bolt salesman back then, and his company had never sold Asian bolts. When the specs changed, he made a killing after years of struggle.

I didn't hear about Tacoma Screw's new building, but I'm real glad they're coming to town! It sounds like it's going to be a warehouse to me, but if it's to be a factory, all the better!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2013, 01:02 AM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,255,303 times
Reputation: 6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
There was a time when bolts and screws from Asia dominated the market. That all changed when testing disclosed that many Asian structural bolts, the Grade 8s, which hold things like bridges and skyscrapers together, failed to meet American engineering standards.

For a long time afterward, most contractors specified only U.S. made bolts as a result, and it revived an entire industry that was on it's last legs.

A buddy of mine was a bolt salesman back then, and his company had never sold Asian bolts. When the specs changed, he made a killing after years of struggle.

I didn't hear about Tacoma Screw's new building, but I'm real glad they're coming to town! It sounds like it's going to be a warehouse to me, but if it's to be a factory, all the better!
I think it's just retail. Apparently, it's already under construction. The 1800 Northgate Mile makes me wonder if it's a remodel, although two sources say new construction. Maybe something was torn down..........as the website already has phone and fax numbers.

Locations

I agree, Mike, a manufacturing plant would be great news but this is a big retail, or at least it appears to be. Like so many other businesses southern ID locations are Boise, Twin Falls and Idaho Falls. I don't know if it is annual sales and commerce in Bannock County and Pocatello that many different types of businesses don't open their first stores in the state in Poky. It could be demographics from the MSA/ CSA or rate of growth, median age etc.

It will be good to have more things on the Northgate Mile. I think the new Dad's perhaps along with this bldg. will refocus more on that area of Bonneville County.

MSR
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2013, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Southeast Idaho
4,929 posts, read 16,936,647 times
Reputation: 3063
From what I can figure 1800 block of Yellowstone should be near the old mall (Lamonts, Sears etc.) ??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2013, 03:31 AM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,255,303 times
Reputation: 6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
From what I can figure 1800 block of Yellowstone should be near the old mall (Lamonts, Sears etc.) ??
Either there or north of Anderson in what use to be Albertsons and Fred Meyers with the small mall. KIFI/ KIDK are 1911 Yellowstone.

if someone drives by let us know.

Thanks,

MSR
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2013, 09:01 AM
 
385 posts, read 459,278 times
Reputation: 136
two exciting things: updates to IDA airport. Expanded WiFi, ticketless/mobile boarding, and "cafe style seating areas" Idaho Falls Regional Airport Now Offering Mobile Boarding Passes - Idaho Falls Regional Airport Now Offering Mobile Boarding Passes: Local

also, it appears my favorite soft drink is making it's way to the PNW. I don't drink a ton of soda (or pop as I'm learning to call it), but when I do, it's Cheerwine! Cheerwine expanding into the Pacific Northwest - Winston-Salem Journal: Local
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2013, 11:22 AM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,255,303 times
Reputation: 6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
two exciting things: updates to IDA airport. Expanded WiFi, ticketless/mobile boarding, and "cafe style seating areas" Idaho Falls Regional Airport Now Offering Mobile Boarding Passes - Idaho Falls Regional Airport Now Offering Mobile Boarding Passes: Local

also, it appears my favorite soft drink is making it's way to the PNW. I don't drink a ton of soda (or pop as I'm learning to call it), but when I do, it's Cheerwine! Cheerwine expanding into the Pacific Northwest - Winston-Salem Journal: Local
Great! I keep forgetting to post the changes in boarding passes. Thanks 4 posting, temp4!

The soda sounds good. It will be interesting to see how (where) it enters ID and when.

Guess it will be less RC Cola and Moon Pies for you when you when you can get Cheerwine? j/k
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:14 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top