Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 02:25 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,384,655 times

Advertisements

I wanted to thank a few friends here for helping me the last 48 hrs.

Double H - - You always know what I need.

Cleosmom - - Where would I even start? So many years, so many topics

Ditch -Your email was so heartfelt, and so true. Making friends online, with others who truly wish they could live in the same general area, is rare. But you've proven what I already knew was true. We're both fortunate to have Double H. You blew my mind as busy as you are to include your phone numbers and encourage me to use them. TY!

There are other people who helped as well, including acquaintances, family, members and others who live in the Idaho Falls area.

To every person I met through CDF who did something to help me prepare for what was done on Tuesday, I want to thank all of you. It wasn't exactly fun on Tuesday. I don't think 12/2 will be as difficult. But all of you played major roles helping me get ready and I am so blessed to have you in my life.

Double H, I want you to know we talked college football and music in that room today. I was VERY clear which Coach I think is a WHINER !! Are you a UC fan?

There are other people who helped me, but for differing reasons I can't call them friends like you three. One has been very helpful but doesn't believe people who meet via the internet can become true friends. I'm living proof that at least I've been blessed with a few friends I've met through CDF.

I'm grateful for the help of all who did what they could to help me. You three have gone so far beyond what most do, I sincerely hope I can do something to repay your kindness, comforting words and more. I still have more to have done in Dec. and 2015.

Thank you all! I'm probably going to have a rough week. If I don't get emails, PMs or calls returned for a while. Just know you're in my thoughts. I will eventually get back to you

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 11-19-2014 at 02:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 06:02 PM

Smile Wishing Everyone a Safe, Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving

I hope all have a wonderful Thanksgiving I hope you'll be surrounded by good food, good people
( including furry friends if you have them) and anything else you need to have a great Thanksgiving

MSR

Old 01-24-2015, 03:31 PM

Talking A Blush for a First Crush...

Time seems to go quickly. There have been no new posts to this thread since Nov. I often ask how others are but don't comment about myself. I keep thinking, tmp4, you'll laugh about my experience today. So I decided to share some of it.

I had an aunt die this past week. She hasn't lived in Idaho for decades, but her late husband is buried here so she will be as well. Her kids are scattered between ID and four other states. I am not physically able yet to sit through a funeral, but I went to the part where the surviving family meets with extended family and friends. I wanted to pay my respects and see my cousins.

I did the above and found my cousins closest to my age kind of grouped in an area off to themselves. I went over to say hello and saw they had one person they were talking to. My cousins greeted me warmly then their friend did too. When someone can say my name correctly, they've known me earlier.

I'm sure I had a Deere in the Headlights moment as I didn't know who their friend was. Their friend told me their name. I looked at this cutie and it was a Magnet and Steel moment. All I could do is remember a chain this person gave me many years ago as my first Crush. I tried to talk but nothing would come out, given what I was feeling and remembering.

I got asked about my life and I answered the best I could. I was hearing the words to the first verse of Ah Leah by Donnie Iris. I was especially hearing the, "looking better than a body has a right to." I must have gotten asked a question and totally missed it as everyone started to laugh at me. I tried to speak and have no idea what I said. I was thinking how I repaired that chain years ago.

Let's just say I wasn't a great conversationalist today. Perhaps my cousins needed to laugh to relieve some of their stress. I finally apologized for making everyone laugh at this setting. Feeling myself blush I made a comment about that too and they all laughed harder. I said I'd better go before we had others coming to where we were and telling us our laughter wasn't appropriate in that setting.

I've never laughed like that prior to a funeral. Who knows, maybe I'll see this person in a more relaxed setting down the road. Regardless of whether or not I see this person down the road, it would have been pretty funny watching me botch everything, laughing and blushing. At least I didn't share the lyrics I was hearing in my head.

Do you have a similar story. If so, please share

MSR

Old 01-28-2015, 11:52 PM

Cool The Place to Mail in Ammon....Cleosmom

Cleosmom, I've owed you this information for a couple of months. I had never seen this business outside of Bonneville County. While I believe this one and the one in Skyline are owned by the same person, apparently this is a regional or national chain.

Call them, but I've been able to mail, Fedex and UPs from one location. The eastside is at 3270 E. 17th. It's called ProShip. It's on the south side near a chiropractor, but in a stand alone building. Check on Google Maps. They are closer to Ammon Urgent Care than the Men's Warehouse.

The Skyline one is located close to the state liquor store and Cleaners west of Albertsons.

See, i do keep my promises, it just toom a while

Old 01-30-2015, 04:57 PM

29,180 posts, read 22,188,230 times
I don't believe laughter is always inappropriate at a funeral.

There are folks who lived merry lives who always made everyone around them laugh all the time, and for them, laughter is just as much a part of their remembrance in death as it was in life.

Some of the best funerals I've attended have had laughter and/or merry music as a part of them. Laughing in fond memory doesn't do a dishonor to the deceased, indeed, it may be the best way to share the grief of a loved one's loss, and surely has powers of healing as well.

I would rather be laughed about when I gone than be a cause of lingering sorrow, and nothing would suit me better than to have a half-dozen banjos going full blast as I'm carried off to my final reward. I never cared for mournful organ music at all. I would much rather have everyone's toes tapping instead.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:49 AM

5,323 posts, read 18,211,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Cleosmom, I've owed you this information for a couple of months. I had never seen this business outside of Bonneville County. While I believe this one and the one in Skyline are owned by the same person, apparently this is a regional or national chain.

Call them, but I've been able to mail, Fedex and UPs from one location. The eastside is at 3270 E. 17th. It's called ProShip. It's on the south side near a chiropractor, but in a stand alone building. Check on Google Maps. They are closer to Ammon Urgent Care than the Men's Warehouse.

The Skyline one is located close to the state liquor store and Cleaners west of Albertsons.

See, i do keep my promises, it just took a while
Yes, I've used Ship Pro in the past for either UPS or FedEx, but they are not a contract station of the Post Office and you'll pay extra for any of those services than you normally would

Old 02-03-2015, 07:49 PM

Arrow Good News Cleosmom ( and Everyone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Yes, I've used Ship Pro in the past for either UPS or FedEx, but they are not a contract station of the Post Office and you'll pay extra for any of those services than you normally would
I had to go to the 4th Street Post Office today. The P.O. is negotiatung with 5-6 businesses on the east side to put a USP station at one of those locations. The personnel said it would take 3-4 months to get everything ready so it could open.

I think there needs to be a branch or station, whatever the correct term is, open ASAP. However, I still think a branch in ScC would be as welcome as some retail businesses Why not both locations?

I hope that news helps those who use to depend on CD World's USPS services.

I'm being careful to write USPS as an aging gentleman came in and argued with the USPS workers of why they wouldn't accept and process his UPS package.

Finally, there was a sign that the USPS was hiring. The positions and pay rates were on a sign on the east side. I know a lot of people wait for jobs to open in the USPS and of course I can't remember who they are tonight.
If you know someone who might be interested please tell them so they can learn more and potentially apply for a USPS job.

MSR

Old 04-05-2015, 10:39 AM

Default Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to all who post in the Idaho Falls sub-forum. I hope each of you receive what you need and want today. I hope you create new memories that are full of happiness and all things good today.

We're a small, unusual group. But we do provide a lot of information for others while discussing local issues and tips for each other. Please feel free to post about anything from your day today that makes it unique. Or feel free to post about a favorite Easter from the past.

What will make my day special and unique compared to all other Easters is one of my nieces had to report to the hospital at 7:00 a.m. today so she could be induced by her OB. It looks like I will have one more great nephew sometime today. No one in my family has been born on Easter. A couple of Christmas birthdays, but no Easter ones until today. I just hope all goes well with her delivery.

Enjoy your Easter day

MSR

Old 05-14-2015, 06:24 PM

Thumbs up "Veteran Chairs for Veterans"

This is a great story if anyone missed it. It sounds like they need volunteers to pick up some chairs. If you know someone with free time who can travel, please share the story with them.

This is typical for Eastern ID residents who want to make a difference. I say good for them

Pay It Forward: Veteran wheelchairs for veterans | Pay It Forward - Home

Old 05-28-2015, 01:22 AM

29,180 posts, read 22,188,230 times
Dang! I do love life here in Idaho Falls!
I woke up this morning to drizzling rain and didn't except much out of this day, but around 11 am, a good friend called and asked me to come over. My birthday is coming up in a week, and my friend won't be around. So I got a wonderful early birthday present, a long term loan of a perfectly swell guitar that wasn't getting much use. The loan's term is generous- as long as I take care of it, I can keep it for the next 30 years before I have to give it back. The yearly payment on the loan is even better- I have to pay the owner by playing one song on it on every birthday! (I already have next year's tune figured out.)
What a great way to spend a morning. After I returned home and finally put the guitar down, I had to go buy a new coffeemaker. My trusty Bunn brewed its last pot last night, and I usually go through 2-3 pots a day. I'm so caffeinated that when I die, they're just gonna have to let me walk it off before they put me to rest.

So, since I got a good deal on the Bunn at Shopko, I went back for another. And dang- got a good deal again. While I was there, I realized I needed another eye appointment with the doctor whose office is in their optical dept., so I dropped in, and the nice lady who works the front remembered me by name. She took all my insurance info, and I learned I could get a buy one, get one free deal on some new glasses. Another good deal, and a very pleasant experience.

Along the way, I ran into a couple of acquaintances, and had some good visits to catch up. I always love a good chat, and we all seem to have plenty of time for that wherever we happen to be.

Ate dinner at Gator Joe's, a joint new to me, and the jumbalaya was most excellent and generous. I'll have the rest of it tomorrow. And when I returned home again, a couple of other friends called, just to gab a little.

Life is good here. I wouldn't live anywhere else, even if they paid me.

Remember the little good times folks. They're the stuff that makes for contentment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls