Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 07:17 PM

168 posts, read 174,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Is the Grangeville area or just a few miles south of that town a good area to live?
What can I expect? Living in the town of Grangeville looks too crowded but just a few miles out looks like more space and privacy.
Not to poke fun at you, nowhereman427, but having a San Franciscan suggest that Grangeville, ID "looks too crowded" gave me a serious chuckle.

A town (not city) of maybe 3150 population (counting all within the general population area), would seem to be "uncrowded" by most Idaho standards.

Perhaps you are seeking something more along the lines of extreme Northern Idaho, where a "family compound" could be considered a population center? Maybe Mark Fuhrman or some of the remaining Weaver family could give you some guidance on that.

Then again, there is Bone, ID, with a population of two (2) permanent residents and one (1) business. The one business in Bone, ID just happens to serve the best burgers in all of Idaho, so if that matters, it may be an option for you. You could be permanent resident #3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 07:16 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,015,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
Not to poke fun at you, nowhereman427, but having a San Franciscan suggest that Grangeville, ID "looks too crowded" gave me a serious chuckle.

A town (not city) of maybe 3150 population (counting all within the general population area), would seem to be "uncrowded" by most Idaho standards.

Perhaps you are seeking something more along the lines of extreme Northern Idaho, where a "family compound" could be considered a population center? Maybe Mark Fuhrman or some of the remaining Weaver family could give you some guidance on that.

Then again, there is Bone, ID, with a population of two (2) permanent residents and one (1) business. The one business in Bone, ID just happens to serve the best burgers in all of Idaho, so if that matters, it may be an option for you. You could be permanent resident #3.
YES you are correct. The thing is the main part of Grangeville has the houses too close to each other. Now SF has them attached . SF bay area there is some space.
But yes we want some distance.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:57 PM

19 posts, read 25,362 times
Well I loved the Idaho falls area , but my Ohioan husband thought it may get a tad snowy for his taste, so now we are looking more Kimberly Buhl.... Hope I can still drop in here though as I haven't found a twin falls front porch to chat with y'all... The state is stunning , and really I don't think I found a spot I wouldn't live in . Can't wait to be there and unpack !

Old 10-19-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelliekb View Post
Well I loved the Idaho falls area , but my Ohioan husband thought it may get a tad snowy for his taste, so now we are looking more Kimberly Buhl.... Hope I can still drop in here though as I haven't found a twin falls front porch to chat with y'all... The state is stunning , and really I don't think I found a spot I wouldn't live in . Can't wait to be there and unpack !
So if you lived in Idaho Falls you would need a 4 wheel drive vehicle because of the snow.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:26 AM

434 posts, read 417,161 times
Snowy compared to ohio? Hahaha. The weather doesn't change a whole lot between twin falls and Idaho falls. Twin is warmer but not by that much.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:26 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Snowy compared to ohio? Hahaha. The weather doesn't change a whole lot between twin falls and Idaho falls. Twin is warmer but not by that much.
That's the truth. In fact I can recall Winters to where the National Guard had to go in and plow for the Kimberly/Buhl areas before.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:16 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
How is everyone? Are you ready for Christmas or traveling or playing with new pets and more?

I've had a very complex three weeks. I had a $50 K procedure scheduled for about two weeks ago. Yip, I know the cost. Thanks to the ding dongs who botched this opportunity for me, I really thought there was no way. The insurance company refused communication from a place many love, as things were botched so badly on me. I had one hope: challenge the insurance company and four medical directors myself to get the previous denials changed to an approval.

Piece of cake, right?

As my MD has said if he had anyone in that practice who could get previous medical decisions reversed, that patient would be me. He also said something else amusing which I'll skip.

I won on appeal. I don't think that happens often. I was so grateful!!!

A couple of people here knew I was going to have the procedure done. It turns out to only be a part of my Dec. The morning of the procedure, I awoke in Anaphylactic Shock. That just doesn't happen. I had to make a 15 second decision of whether I used one or two EpiPens or did I not use any epinephrine to stop my airway from swelling shut and go to the presurgery area. Never doubt I had my EpiPens with me, but I opted to not use them, given the 5.5 months of waiting and having to challenge the Medical Directors of my insurance for the right to have the procedure.

No one could understand me initially, but I started to have one ear and half of my tongue start to shrink some. The CRNA told me had I used an EpiPen or two, I would have been canceled. The final choices for the procedure belonged to the CRNA and my MD. Since I wasn't having a general anesthetic anyway, they both said yes. I probably wouldn't have had I not had an Interventional Anesthesiologist and a CRNA with 22 yrs. of trauma experience responsible both taking care of me. The procedure went well. Probably a little was altered some but not much. I was awake for all two hours.

I'm still am not able to talk, but that group of doctors think my vocal chords will shrink by next week. Vocal chords swell in Anaphylaxis too. I hope they return to normal. The overall experience will probably be worth it 20 times over. I know how I was during the six day trial.

My point posting this is to say there is never anything wrong with saying anything you need to say to someone. Literally, life can change in minutes and hours, if not less. Thanks to those I need to thank for making my life better.

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 12-24-2015 at 12:27 AM..

Old 06-06-2016, 07:38 PM

66 posts, read 80,862 times
Love this thread
That is all

ML

Old 06-07-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mntngoat View Post
Love this thread
That is all

ML

That's great. Let's keep it going as I welcome everyone's input. Things change so we like to keep up to date on things.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:18 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
I'm not going to be able to post about residential real estate or realtors for a while. A relative' house went on the market today.

I hope others who post here will help those who ask.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls