U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:21 PM

6,152 posts, read 4,453,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Sounds like your settling in quite well, in SE Idaho. I am looking to pick up a truck camper after i get moved myself. My mobile fishing camp. Glad you found one right in town, after all that running around.
Have you contacted the Fish and Game. Might be the way to go, for your sticker.
Thanks Scott. Found my answer just a minute ago so thought I'd post it here in case anyone else has the same question (includes general info on invasive species stickers for boats and a link to stores that sell them):

ISDA - Idaho Invasive Species Council
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 11:42 PM

8,440 posts, read 12,241,583 times
Default I Read and Saw Some of That

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Still around MSR. Life has been quiet in AC. The weather is all over the map of course, just like everywhere else in SE Idaho. It's been a tough, long winter on my husband. Been busy with house projects - we bought a house last July for a little bit of money. The house is structurally as solid as a rock, but badly needed updating.

Kory (the pup we adopted from Florida) is doing great. We spent a few weeks making trips down towards Aberdeen to cut wood (a couple had cut down some BEAUTIFUL, huge trees and were begging people to come get free wood). I couldn't have cut down such beautiful trees, but we ended up with about six cord out of it, that is now heaped in a huge log-hill in our back yard waiting to be split and stacked behind the storage shed so it can cure for a year or two. Also found a place to cut dry wood on the cheap. All in all far too much manual labor for my taste, but between what we had already and what we've picked up recently, we've got about three years worth of wood laying around here now, so I guess it was worth it.

Bought an old camper. We didn't have a lot of money to devote to such things so we spent a lot of time running around all over Hell and Half of Georgia (as they say) looking at old cheap campers that turned out to be total rotting crap. It's a little disgusting how much money people wanted for dry-rotted, leaking, broken down old campers, and a little disgusting just how many players we've met recently. Anyway.......after all the running around we ended up buying a great old camper from someone right here in town. That always seems to be the way, and now we have one and can explore some of this state this summer.

Have visited a couple of parts of American Falls, Springfield Lake, a few river accesses in the area, Mud Lake - scoping out what kind of water is in the area so LC can fish and so I can kayak. Have been to the sporting section of both Wal-mart and Cal Ranch in Blackfoot expecting to be able to purchase a non-invasive species sticker for the kayaks with no luck. Does anybody know where we buy these things (wildlife office? fish and game?).

That's about it.

I believe Cal-Ranch was my dad's favorite store. It made me smile to see that name in your post, Juneau.

I saw some of your outstanding pics and seeing the boat. It sounds like you have been busy!
I hope your husband does better in the warmer weather.

Stay in touch, I'm getting one opinion before the end of the month about me and another in May. Someone had to retire to create this opportunity for me. I'll leave at that for now.

Have you been able to work on your business yet?

Take care with all your projects

MSR

Old 04-19-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I believe Cal-Ranch was my dad's favorite store. It made me smile to see that name in your post, Juneau.

I saw some of your outstanding pics and seeing the boat. It sounds like you have been busy!
I hope your husband does better in the warmer weather.

Stay in touch, I'm getting one opinion before the end of the month about me and another in May. Someone had to retire to create this opportunity for me. I'll leave at that for now.

Have you been able to work on your business yet?

Take care with all your projects

MSR
You have a good memory MSR. I have some thoughts that I want to share with you and will send you a message.

Re: your "opportunity" - if it is a good thing for you, then I sincerely hope that it pans out the way you would like.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:12 PM

Default Any Funny Memories You Want to Share?

I was reading a post Juneau had written in another thread. I think it's hilarious I doubt many saw it given the other thread's focus.

It would be great to know a funny story about our neighbors here. They can be current or from years ago. Let us know something funny you've done. :!:

MSR

Old 05-04-2014, 10:56 PM

The story that MSR was talking about:

I was on my way with my two sons, to the Greyhound station not far from the Eaten Center mall in downtown Toronto. It was the day after Christmas (Boxing Day in Canada) and a VERY busy shopping day. We had taken the subway and gotten off at the Eaton Center stop.

As I was wading through wall-to-wall people with my two little boys (and just trying as quickly as possible to get the hell out of there), they suddenly bolted for a mens' restroom. So I'm standing outside the door of the mens' restroom and I wait and wait and wait. And wait. And while I'm standing there watching one guy after another enter, and two little boys not exiting, I finally grabbed the arm of some unsuspecting guy who was about to walk into the restroom, forcefully told him that there were two little blond boys inside, and he better tell them to come out NOW, or I'm coming in after them.

They came out less than a minute later. Apparently playing with the hand dryers and flushing the urinals, and enjoying themselves immensely. This was when they were still at the age where they came into the Ladies with me when we were out in public, so they thought it was great fun to actually hit the Mens and play with all the Mens Room stuff.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:24 PM

2,214 posts, read 2,673,269 times
Here is a good story I found on line Enjoy. Cattle dog and disabled kitten become buddies.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending...183828985.html

Last edited by ScottStielow; 05-05-2014 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Add story

Old 05-09-2014, 09:03 PM

Default These last two posts are great!

Read them....you maybe surprised what Juneau did. Scott's post is a plus.

Let's get some fun or funny posts going here. We do laugh on the East side of the state

Old 05-14-2014, 05:47 AM

4,920 posts, read 16,919,417 times
Thought I would take a moment to jump in here and say that I have not forgotten anyone, life has been super busy! Many changes at work, not positive or negative, just changes

So between that and other aspects of real life I don't have a ton of me time these days.

I do have a week off coming soon and will be heading out of town

Stay safe!

Old 05-17-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Thought I would take a moment to jump in here and say that I have not forgotten anyone, life has been super busy! Many changes at work, not positive or negative, just changes

So between that and other aspects of real life I don't have a ton of me time these days.

I do have a week off coming soon and will be heading out of town

Stay safe!
And you stay safe too, Cleosmom. Some of us know where you go every year around this time . Just stay cool enough.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:55 PM

Default Don't Forget Beer Fest on Sat. at Noon

This will be the 20th year of Beer Feast. Sat. at noon - Sandy Downs.
North American Brewers Association

Have fun if you go and please use a designated driver or the buses.

North American Brewers Association

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls