U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 01:51 PM

4,776 posts, read 16,629,198 times

Advertisements

Greetings gang

Sorry to say between work and a few side projects mine time on here is rather limited these days. Once one of the side projects comes to fruition I will let you in on the secret No MSR don't try messaging 'cause I'm not letting the cat out of the bag just yet (Ha, I know how you think right?

Work is going good, General Conference certainly bumped things for this weekend and of course we always have our off season travelers. Gov't shutdown is not helping though

Steelers? Really? Must we? Alright fine then, still always will stand by my Black & Gold, but they really need some offensive reconstructive to managed to pull off a decent season and I'm not thinking the Rooney boys are to do deal with it as I would see fit.

Banjomike- love the original name of your pup

CFF- love running into you no matter which sub-forum I find you in!!

My current demise is that everybody and their monkey in this town has an apple tree an my exploded this year

Okay, must spread my joy around a little more before heading back to work
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 05:30 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,515,560 times
MSR: Simply was bored with my job. Wanted something else, could afford to move back to my native WA, but then fate came into the picture, as it often does, and a competitor offered me a job that seemed not boring, and that kept me here. Don't want to go into any more details than that at this point. But thanks for asking! I'll be here for awhile longer. Note to Mother Nature, try to keep the extreme cold and snow away for a few more years.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:45 PM

25,984 posts, read 17,375,309 times
Hey Juno!
I'm glad you're settling in well in Atomic City. It's a fine place for those who like little towns with a lot of room to ramble in all directions.
I have always loved our sagebrush deserts, and I'm particularly glad you like them so much.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:24 PM

6,129 posts, read 4,322,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Hey Juno!
I'm glad you're settling in well in Atomic City. It's a fine place for those who like little towns with a lot of room to ramble in all directions.
I have always loved our sagebrush deserts, and I'm particularly glad you like them so much.
Thanks Mike. Yeah, we're liking the place very much. Lots of room to roam close to home, but we're also within easy driving distance of so many interesting and beautiful places. We just spent a good part of the day exploring the Natural Arch outside of Arco, and then going over Arco Pass. Awesome day.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:43 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,992,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
MSR: Simply was bored with my job. Wanted something else, could afford to move back to my native WA, but then fate came into the picture, as it often does, and a competitor offered me a job that seemed not boring, and that kept me here. Don't want to go into any more details than that at this point. But thanks for asking! I'll be here for awhile longer. Note to Mother Nature, try to keep the extreme cold and snow away for a few more years.
I don't know what states aren't getting creamed with one or more weather extremes. Idaho has been much better than CO for about 3 yrs.

Congrats on your new job pw! I won't ask anything about it; however, I will ask if you've every thought of starting your own company?

Think of the things that interest you. Where is there a need or niche that isn't being met? (Great Chinese Food cor one)

MSR

Old 10-09-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouskelly View Post
Love that huge Army Surplus store outside the Falls and stop every time thru; got a few cartons of dried hash browns to try then wished I had more. I can't tell the difference between those and fresh.

I've got the neighbors-from-hell here in Montana so I've been researching spots around Idaho Falls, CDA & elsewhere.
My lease goes thru May but I may have to bail on it before I go to jail

I noticed many homes looked good til the 1st then only dogs left after- a couple looked good still but wonder if there's some hidden poison pill since the others all rented.

So- I may end up in Idaho Falls area in a house with neighbors not too close
Notoriouskelly,

Glad to have you posting here. The previous location of the Army Surplus store is where the Residence Inn is now. Some saw what a waste it was of river frontage and started redevelopment.

Please feel free to post here anytime. Available smaller houses in Idaho Falls are becoming increasingly difficult to find. The demand has caught up to market availability. Two contractors are bldg spec homes but more will have to for the need.

I wondered if points/loans etc. changed on the 1st or it's 4th quarter? Houses just got consumed. I'd see for sale signs on maybe 4-6 fairly close together. Less than 10 days later they were gone.

I can send you a name of a great realtor if you want to have help. Others have realtor's names too. it might help.......

MSR

Old 10-11-2013, 10:50 AM

6,312 posts, read 10,373,026 times
Oh no! The Army Surplus store is gone? We've gotten some very cool stuff there...

Cleosmom, I enjoy running into you, too! Did you follow the story about runaway 14-year old dog Brandy in the Dogs forum? She's found, and safe! Amazing story, what a Hollywood tearjerker is made of...everybody who loves dogs should read it! The thread is "Finding Lost Dog."

Last edited by Clark Fork Fantast; 10-11-2013 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Adding dog story :)

Old 10-11-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Oh no! The Army Surplus store is gone? We've gotten some very cool stuff there...

Cleosmom, I enjoy running into you, too! Did you follow the story about runaway 14-year old dog Brandy in the Dogs forum? She's found, and safe! Amazing story, what a Hollywood tearjerker is made of...everybody who loves dogs should read it! The thread is "Finding Lost Dog."
CFF,

The old building is gone. Army Surplus was one of the first businesses to relocate at one of the two exists from I-15 that will develop into a major retail area. We joke among ourselves how long it will take for those two exists and the Melaluca, Andco and the car dealerships to make that area look totally different than it does even now.

Fun to have you and Bob stopping in here to "Get Caught Up,"

MSR

Old 10-11-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimit2 View Post
We can't let folks who live outside of Idaho see these pictures. Next thing you know, the moving vans will be pulling in left and right....

Thanks for sharing those beautiful images, juneaubound. What an awesome sight!

pimit2 (Bob)
Bob,

I am glad you ventured over here. We finally have Juneau and photos back in some of our threads. I hope you'll be a frequent visitor not only to share some of your experiences in NID, but also to keep updated about the Flying Fish Convention and other activities you've wanted to participate in for years. Now you'll always have a place to "Get caught Up" with when those events occur. We'll lure you over here somehow for some of the best fly fishing in the U.S.

MSR

Old 10-12-2013, 05:04 PM

4,776 posts, read 16,629,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post

Actually no I have not followed it.... spending some time on another project right now. I do well to pop in here periodically
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls