U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 03:07 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,476,072 times

Advertisements

Don't know of any plans. Commercial radio can be tricky. To succeed you need a large audience. Specialized formats like you describe can have a loyal fan base, but usually not the mass audience needed. The end result is you have a lot of stations that play the same songs. This is a complaint many stations get frequently, but there is a method to the madness.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 04:46 PM

25,752 posts, read 17,196,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Don't know of any plans. Commercial radio can be tricky. To succeed you need a large audience. Specialized formats like you describe can have a loyal fan base, but usually not the mass audience needed. The end result is you have a lot of stations that play the same songs. This is a complaint many stations get frequently, but there is a method to the madness.
Yup. The Americana format is popular with college radio stations, but that's a perfect audience for them.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:30 AM

Yes, these formats thrive with non-commercial radio stations. This is both cool, and depressing. By that, I mean an audience is being served, but on the other hand, stations that are in it for profit can't really compete in this arena. We are in the business of selling commercial time. So we have to go by audience reach. Audience reach is still the business model in commercial radio, and commerical buys are based on this. One caveat is IF is still small enough where local relationships can supercede ratings, and this happens more than most understand. So we are are still local and definitely involved in the local customer-radio station relationship. The marketing rep is always the first line of defense, but any client can call me directly and get into the nuts and bolts of what the station is all about. 522-1011. I will hopefully offer insight on what our station is all about, but ultimately direct you to one of our excellent marketing reps who can make it work for your company and increase revenue for your company.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:15 AM

4,755 posts, read 16,576,481 times
Quote:
Cleosmom, I loved your comment "Paul what's his name" was hilarious. At least you noticed my first name! And yes, we are going on facebook and trying to include our listeners as part of our programming philosophy.
You're going to love the message I sent you!! Good grief I'm a genius right? I guess that's what I get for hitting the forum before a full cup of coffee or at then end of a 10 hour work day

Having said that, no I didn't connect the dots, but that's alright too.

I did notice I am hearing more Billy Joel, or we're running two different stations a work and well that is possible.

Happy Friday all, off for some fun at work... it's HOWL-O-WEEN day there

Old 10-25-2013, 01:05 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,951,100 times
Quote:
Thanks MSR. We are evolving the station into a "greatest hits" type of format, with both rock and pop from mostly the 70's and early 80's. The music is all programmed locally. Thanks for the facebook like!
You"re welcome. Glad to hear Boston this a.m. I want to see your station succeed for many reasons, PW. I've had it on with some thoughts.

For some reason I can't find a link to the DJs. Maybe I'm just confused by so much on the home page.

Check your PMs for a suggest. I always get reps when I post that song in the 80s Music thread, with comments of others not knowing who did the song and much more.

Into some Seger right now with "Nightmoves." I have it on my MP3--glad to hear on the local airwaves.

MSR

Old 10-29-2013, 05:34 PM

Default App allows voting

Let's bump this up again. Has anyone downloaded the app or given feedback on music.

I was happy to hear music I own but haven't played for a while like Steve Winwood, Rhiannon. Heard some Rafferty but not "Baker Street"- which I hope is an option. Rafferty has a wonderful liner note either in either the "City to City" or "Night Owl" CD. I've quoted it to a few who obstructed my goals.

Sure hope Landslide can make the play list as I doubt Gold Dust Woman is a Candidate. So sorry Fleetwood Mac had to cancel. Australian and New Zealand leg of their tour as John McVie is being treated for cancer.

Who else has listened this past week?

MSR

Old 10-29-2013, 06:39 PM

Thanks MSR, download our app from Arrow107.com

Landslide is in our rotation. Gold Dust Woman, while great, doesn't really fit our criteria of "Idaho's Greatest Hits". Too bad. Best to John McVie.

Thanks for all the great comments, and please visit us on the air at 107.1, and Arrow 107.com. We really have a strong confidence that Arrow 107.1 can be the new leader in East Idaho.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 PM

4,755 posts, read 16,576,481 times
There's an app? Did I miss that somewhere?

Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 PM

Go to Arrow107.com and you should see a download option. Some phones, for whatever reason, won't accept it. We are working out the kinks. However, you can do most of what you want right on our website, Arrow107.com. Feel free to email me personally at paul@sandhillradio.com, or here. I check on city-data daily, because I luv this site!

Old 10-29-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
There's an app? Did I miss that somewhere?
Yes. I have had trouble downloading it to my phone and still don't have it downloaded. Yes, the app. provides a lot of things when I looked.

And the website has a current events section that anyone can access.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls