U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:06 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,981,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Officials say, "time-out".
Thank you! No puppies tomorrow.
Get some sleep tonight- I had my clock radio on early this a. m.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 10:04 AM

3,970 posts, read 12,505,438 times
msr, I thought were talking about something else with screen shots. I apologize.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:35 PM

Default Thanks

Quote:
msr, I thought were talking about something else with screen shots. I apologize.
PW,

Thanks for your apology.

I believe it says a lot about a person who can apologize to another.

Now about my ever growing list of additional songs for consideration........who is the lucky recipient ?

msr

Old 11-13-2013, 11:29 PM

3,110 posts, read 9,979,422 times
Thank you both for handling it, and involving me in an adult and professional manner.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:54 PM

Default Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Thank you both for handling it, and involving me in an adult and professional manner.
Thanks Sage.

Please remember your kind words the next time I write something screwy.

Seriously, as both you and pw72 know, I lobbied to keep these last posts in place. You both agreed when I explained I think there are lessons others could learn, if they want to.

I respect anyone who can apologize, as pw72 did. That is so rare in many of the forums where posters don't consider there is another person responding. We usually don't stop to think what may be happening in their life or their day.

Misunderstandings happen. I hope at least one person will benefit from our joint decision and Sage agreeing and making this transition happen.

Let's get this thread moving again

msr

Old 11-15-2013, 10:58 AM

pw,

I believe it was Juneau who raised a question about transportation to the VA in SLC from Idaho. I wrote I know 107.1 has broadcast info about that in recent weeks asking for volunteers to drive Veterans in what I'm guessing are VA-owned vans. These were probably PSAs?

This is out of my league. I didn't write the number down. Is this something Juneau and others can find on the website or elsewhere? I mean to get a contact number and proceed from there?

I'm going to essentially cross post to the thread regarding our Veterans in eastern Idaho. If you have a chance will you also add a quick post in the Veterans thread with web info for 107.1 and potentially a contact person, please

It would also be helpful to post here too as some who could benefit or would may be willing to volunteer won't have read the Veterans thread.

Would this info be useful in a podcast?

I'm not an expert on any of this except trying to connect those with a need, or possibly willing to Volunteer to the Info I heard. I'll let the pros take over from here....

Thx

msr

Old 11-23-2013, 12:33 PM

Default Me too yesterday- Straight Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
If you can stream from an iPad, I will have to see if I can stream from my tablet. For whatever reason I can't seem to pick up the signal on my stereo.
CM,

I thought about this post yesterday as I experienced straight static yesterday for the first time from the Arrow. The one thing I've always had was excellent reception.

I checked other stations and I could get them clearly. Then sometime during the night as you and I were updating other info, The Arrow was clear again. That rocked, given two songs I like. I thought whatever got fixed.

This a.m. it was back to static. Within the last 5 min. it's clear again. I'm confused.

Just wondering if you ever got the signal more clearly? Can you get other stations clearly or is it just 107.1?

BTW, CM, if you look back to a 11/1 post I wrote here, which I totally understand how come you ignored, I think you have to admit a pair of headphones/ earbuds with a phone and the app had this month turned out differently for you, wasn't a bad idea. Listening to great music would have been one way to deal with boring stuff that you would have had to sit through. I had this great idea this morning you and I should discuss. Maybe in Jan. I'll post that link I sent back then so others can access that info, but not before the appropriate time for you, CM.

Sorry, PW not trying to derail the thread...I thought of a great place to use the app. but a little more time has to pass before I can explain.

What about adding The Hudson Brothers " So you think you are a star?" Too bad Bran.i.gan didn't make it. I guess she wasn't "The Lucky One." That's a phone thing, nothing more, as it won't let me write her name correctly. I still have more on my list of suggestions.

Any thoughts about intermittent static vs. clear reception, PW, when other stations are clear? Thanks for any thoughts you have about this.

msr

Old 11-24-2013, 01:04 AM

4,772 posts, read 16,615,733 times
No, still can't get it clear in the house Bums me out as I was hearing some good stuff in the car lately.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:30 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,505,438 times
Some transmitter issues of late. We have a back-up, but it doesn't serve as large of an area. Hopefully, these issues will be cleared up shortly. Our on-line and app should still be a good back-up as well.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:57 PM

Default Crystal Clear Again

Quote:
Some transmitter issues of late. We have a back-up, but it doesn't serve as large of an area. Hopefully, these issues will be cleared up shortly. Our on-line and app should still be a good back-up as well.
I was really happy to get the clear signal back yesterday. So far so good.

I have used the app. For anyone who hasn't the app has some really cool links and nice features. However, I tend to use my M. P. 3 F.M. With earbuds cuz it's smaller.. I've always gotten perfect reception on it too, from multiple locations in 8 and 4B.

PW- for a first month you done really well IMHO.

msr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls