Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 10:20 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,666,349 times

Advertisements

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 10:34 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Thank you!
Me? LOL.

Will you please check the Development junkies thread later? I need to look up elsewhere a couple of things and I'd like your view on it.

Boo Hoo ( not really) if you meant someone else.

msr

Old 12-01-2013, 02:50 PM

Default App Feedback Info

PW,

You probably know this but I wanted to post both for other readers here and if you want the feedback for techs.

The app crashed on me yesterday. Suddenly, there was a tremendous amount of info about the crash, settings etc. that I could automatically send to the Arrow. Having never seen an app crash, but a bunch of computers, I found it interesting what all was displayed.

Hopefully, there aren't many apps that crash but good to know it was designed so all the data could go back to the station, if the user decides to send it.

Of course it would be me that had this happen. No biggie, I treated it just like a computer and had it working again soon.

msr

Old 12-01-2013, 07:49 PM

We have a good staff to make things right. We certainly want to hear about signal problems. I think we are in a good position right now...while others offer all Christmas, we offer a great variety of hits, from the the 60's, 70's, and 80's. As we get closer to Christmas, we will offer the best of the best. Happy Holidays!

Old 12-02-2013, 03:57 PM

Default 1. Signal Out Again....., 2. Suggestions & 3. Earlier exposure to music.

Quote:
We have a good staff to make things right. We certainly want to hear about signal problems. I think we are in a good position right now...while others offer all Christmas, we offer a great variety of hits, from the the 60's, 70's, and 80's. As we get closer to Christmas, we will offer the best of the best. Happy Holidays!
PW,

1. How would you prefer we address the lack of signal? Probably wind - related today.

Yes, I know I could have used my app ( I saw Kokomo made it on the playlist) as I did try the app briefly, but I needed my phone as a phone today. As always I defaulted for my trusted M.P. 3 and perfect earbud reception.

2. When you can, will you please check Eric Carmen solo, not just w the Raspberries? His hits: "All by myself," "Make me Loose Control," "Hungry Eyes," which leads to the question of other Flash Dance, including Irene Cara's "What a Feeling," and "Fame."

You know I have an endless list from the 80s, some 70's but am mostly lost w the 60's stuff. And there was something new yesterday I was glad to hear.

3. One thing I was thinking about, while looking at two more development things to post, was about INL ' S cultural role in the area. Sometimes I think many can't really understand how Idaho Falls is different than other ID or western cities. Events and even when the news airs caters to INL workers a lot. I wonder how those on INL buses get reception?

West Idaho Falls (Skyline) was built originally for INL workers who didn't want the extra bus travel time. Plus, all the apartments were for enlisted Navy personnel. This matters as the present day audience was exposed to different music earlier potentially than other similar western cities. The Navy was a large influence of what some radio stations played. I first heard "Sweet Home Alabama" (S.H.A.) here. I haven't heard it for a while.... It's okay that Auburn won.

If you are lost, beam me up w a PM. I didn't post the above in the wrong thread. There are a couple of implied messages.

However, no signal and not hearing S.H.A. are facts, not implied.

Thanks............

msr

Old 12-02-2013, 10:18 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
While I can't pull it in at home, I do listen in the car. With some of what I've heard, wondering if Al Stewart stands a chance? I use to listen to his Time Passages LP on a daily basis

Old 12-03-2013, 06:08 PM

Al Stewart is in rotation, (or normal person speak), we play it!

Sweet Home Alabama is still in "heavy" rotation. Eric Carmen had some nice solo hits, but our need is not 80's right now, as we feel we have a pretty good ratio of 80's hits, and as we evolve, who knows? Understand, I can't offer a whole lot of info here.

Thanks you two for hanging in there! Appreciate it.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:32 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
Al Stewart is in rotation, (or normal person speak), we play it!

Sweet Home Alabama is still in "heavy" rotation. Eric Carmen had some nice solo hits, but our need is not 80's right now, as we feel we have a pretty good ratio of 80's hits, and as we evolve, who knows? Understand, I can't offer a whole lot of info here.

Thanks you two for hanging in there! Appreciate it.
Yes and I understand Al Stewart was played, but I couldn't get it at home Guess I need to listen to 70's on Sirius to give you a few

Old 12-05-2013, 01:55 PM

Default Non-80s

Thanks for the info, pw72.

Since I can finally log in here the first time in 2+ days, I have a few suggestions for earlier artists.

1. Burton Cummings... Stand Tall etc.

2. Grass Roots... Heaven Knows and Others.

3. Association: Cherish, Along Came Mary etc.

Just getting Internet access- I don't want to rock the boat opening another windows.

Thanks for the Sweet Home AL! I went to a store yesterday before I "camped out" for hrs. at this phone's carrier's business.

I saw a lady wearing a Crimson Tide sweatshirt. I talked w her briefly and told her about the Arrow.

msr

Old 12-05-2013, 07:18 PM

Thanks again for your support. SHA sounds great everytime we play it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls