Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 07:28 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,021 times

Advertisements

Hey, we are offering a "sweetener" to your 107.1 soon. Keep listening, I think most of you will like. No hints. OK, one hint. Do you like jingles? Get prepared! And we didn't go cheap on this one...haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 08:28 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,261,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Hey, we are offering a "sweetener" to your 107.1 soon. Keep listening, I think most of you will like. No hints. OK, one hint. Do you like jingles? Get prepared! And we didn't go cheap on this one...haha.
I think I am going to have to convince the youngster that has control of the radio that I can hear at work to NOT TOUCH THAT DIAL

Old 12-05-2013, 08:56 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,430,606 times
Default Couldn't Agree More!

Quote:
Thanks again for your support. SHA sounds great everytime we play it!
I agree and good 4 me- I've got you writing SHA. And good for you, pw72, for abbrevating.

There is so much meaning from nothing but good Southern Rock ( did I hear Free Bird ) to complicated politics to when B'ham and Atlanta really split. Then there is the Muscle Scholes part - so many earlier artists recorded with legendary session players there.

The reference to Neil Young was of course about the song, Southern Man but Neil Young didn't write it.

Then there's the Crimson Tide. Joe Namath and Bart Starr probably warmed up to SHA. Starr now owns a bunch of auto dealerships in Metro B'ham on a road very similar to W. Sunnyside.

Auburn is also in AL and they deserve props this week for that stunner. But The Bear (BRYANT) and others probably aren't too happy.

A part of me will always be in Bama. I'm lucky Skynyrd recorded a song about the place. Life is about moving forward keeping the best parts of the past.

Thanks for playing it!

msr

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 12-05-2013 at 09:40 PM..

Old 12-05-2013, 11:07 PM

Default Laugh Now or Later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
I think I am going to have to convince the youngster that has control of the radio that I can hear at work to NOT TOUCH THAT DIAL
Please let us know how your desires get implemented

BTW, I can't access FB ( I almost wrote phone book...... I need to go to bed). Is tomorrow your last day or are you clear yet? I suspect you know what I mean.

Have fun with radio battles (got a remote? That wins everytime ).

msr

Old 12-05-2013, 11:28 PM

Default 1. App Feedback: 2. Jingles.....hmmmm

Quote:
Okay, pw72, we'll get prepared. Very cryptic last sentence. Did you all sing or play an instrument ?

Changing the subject, I want to give you some feedback about The Arrow ' s app and the power outage.

It was actually what I saw first, as I had signed up for some of the updates the day before!
If you read in the "Are You Prepared etc. thread," I wrote I had to find a radio station with more info. That was not a slam about The Arrow. It was fact.

If you are driving and have only info that 3 school districts are closed, people need more info. It's about deciding which roads to take etc. I had to guess if intersections would have power, meaning how much backed up traffic. As I changed the dial I finally found more info and stayed on that station.

So the info that was put out helped, there just wasn't enough of what those of without power needed. It's Mas.low's Law ! (phone thing there). Got to know more info over the air.

And the phone auto replace name reminded me, can we have more Dave Mason "You and me and we just disagree" please?

msr

Old 12-06-2013, 06:11 AM

Default Oops, I Botched Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I agree and good 4 me- I've got you writing SHA. And good for you, pw72, for abbrevating.

There is so much meaning from nothing but good Southern Rock ( did I hear Free Bird ) to complicated politics to when B'ham and Atlanta really split. Then there is the Muscle Scholes part - so many earlier artists recorded with legendary session players there.

The reference to Neil Young was of course about the song, Southern Man but Neil Young didn't write it.

Then there's the Crimson Tide. Joe Namath and Bart Starr probably warmed up to SHA. Starr now owns a bunch of auto dealerships in Metro B'ham on a road very similar to W. Sunnyside.

Auburn is also in AL and they deserve props this week for that stunner. But The Bear (BRYANT) and others probably aren't too happy.

A part of me will always be in Bama. I'm lucky Skynyrd recorded a song about the place. Life is about moving forward keeping the best parts of the past.

Thanks for playing it!

msr
I wrote something incorrectly and want to correct the error.

I said Neil Young did not write Southern Man, and that is not correct.

Neil Young wrote both Southern Man and Alabama prior to Skynyrd writing SHA.

Sorry for my incorrect info.

msr

Old 12-06-2013, 06:39 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,261,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Please let us know how your desires get implemented

BTW, I can't access FB ( I almost wrote phone book...... I need to go to bed). Is tomorrow your last day or are you clear yet? I suspect you know what I mean.

Have fun with radio battles (got a remote? That wins everytime ).

msr
Clear. In was 225 they needed 229 and UP to go in this morning

Old 12-06-2013, 10:51 PM

Default Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Clear. In was 225 they needed 229 and UP to go in this morning
I made it to FB today and read what you wrote. Congrats

The man who posted about 3 or 4 before me, you might want to tip off given what will be happening in Jan. Send me a PM if that isn't clear.

I don't want to start a new thread here yet....about another week.

Sorry, pw72, you probably know what CM and I are talking about. The problem is timing and the "schedules" of others.

CM, did you get control of the radio dial today? If not, any change in your strategy? LOL

msr

Old 12-06-2013, 10:58 PM

Default Start Date?

Quote:
Did the new jingles start today, PW? If not when?

You are funny from today, not the jingles.

msr

Old 12-07-2013, 03:07 PM

Default A two-fer? ; A different way to motivate others? ; Good Job w Weather Updates

Hey pw72,

I heard some of the remote today - could be your remotes are going longer than I thought. You were your professional self as always.
Is your hand tired from signing autographs ?

Asia rocked, if I forget to tell you. I was thinking about The Heat of the Moment yesterday. Nice to hear it today

I was just curious given the recent power outages if you utilized your location to get that extra water (or whatever you needed) so YOU are prepared for an emergency? (I'm mostly kidding but also trying to encourage you to get what you need.). If your remote is longer than I thought, you can get stocked up on all sorts of things you need.

Also, what's with reminding people Christmas Eve is only 2.5 weeks away? Is that a new motivator, fear tactic or you marking off the days on your calendar until Santa comes?

msr

P.S. Since I wrote above what I thought The Arrow could have done better w the power outage I have to be fair and say nice job today making sure weather updates were broadcast It does make a difference if one is driving across Idaho Falls or Poky compared to driving to and from Rexburg on what should have been good roads, or driving from 8B County locations to I.F. Add in no power, wondering about school outages etc. and maybe you can understand my earlier remark more easily.

Good Job!

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 12-07-2013 at 03:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls