U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 12:27 AM

424 posts, read 310,249 times

Advertisements

It didn't say if any of the employees would be new jobs but I suspect a good portion of them will be. Cybersecurity has grown tremendously and very recently. It sounds like they expect continued growth.

I don't know how the bonding and such work for what they are doing. The article also mentions that it would have alternative means of financing should the one not work.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 03:44 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,949,559 times
Default The Navy Facility is Official

It sounds like the Navy is going to build the new facility. I wonder where they will get the building team and sub-contractors that have the more in depth back ground clearance.

U.S. Navy to build $1.6 billion facility at INL - KIFI

Old 01-14-2017, 01:34 AM

A good article in the PR about INL's contribution to the economy. They hired roughly 500 high payed employees in 16. They will continue to hire scientists & engineers. The numbers did not include the planned Naval facility.

NuScale submitted their 12k page application to the NRA just recently. If some of these planned projects come to fruition, including the new IF buildings, our area is in for some serious growth. Like '16 on steroids. Exciting time for our city for those who like to watch it grow

Old 05-05-2017, 04:16 PM

There was a good article in the Post Register about Small Modular Reactors. Two of the 12 SMRs to be built in the desert would be dedicated to research and there will be many diverse research feilds in line for when they start operating in 2026. Since Nucore and INL picked a spot, a dozen and a half new applications came in for groups wanting to build reactors at INL.

I would love to post a link to this but sometimes it doesn't let me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls