U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:36 AM

17,193 posts, read 22,983,063 times

Advertisements

I'll come in with some game analysis later but for now a big thumbs up is in order for Pete Carroll and Seahawk GM John Schneider. They are on the same page here regarding all things Seahawks. They have a solid group. A young group, their average age is 26 years old I believe. If they can keep this group together they are going to have a shot at a few more super bowls. FACT!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 08:25 PM

8,440 posts, read 12,243,494 times
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I'll come in with some game analysis later but for now a big thumbs up is in order for Pete Carroll and Seahawk GM John Schneider. They are on the same page here regarding all things Seahawks. They have a solid group. A young group, their average age is 26 years old I believe. If they can keep this group together they are going to have a shot at a few more super bowls. FACT!!
Nice to see your post, Double H. Maybe the Hawks did figure out Payton's "Omaha" calls, as Sherman claims.

It would be awesome to have a Pro team in the west, other than the Lakers, start a winning WEST dynasty
MSR

Old 02-04-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Congratulations Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl Champions.
Scott
Just think where you'll be living when they repeat or tree-peat, Scott
MSR

Old 02-04-2014, 11:37 PM

2,214 posts, read 2,674,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Just think where you'll be living when they repeat or tree-peat, Scott
MSR
MSR.
Would be nice, maybe so, if they can keep their core players? The last and only Seahawk game i saw was in 2000 when i was stationed in Everett Naval Station. The Seahawks lost to Kansas City, that day. They played the game in Husky Stadium, so they could not sell beer at the stadium, darn even had a designated driver!
The Kingdome was demolished earlier in the year. Building what is now century link field.
Good memories thou.
Scott

Old 02-05-2014, 04:53 PM

Default Great Story about the 2 Fans who Traveled from Cheyenne to Seattle 4 the Parade

The parade and celebration for Seahawk fans. Check out the two who drove from Cheyenne
Home -- Sports News, Scores, Schedules, Videos and Fantasy Games | FOX Sports on MSN

MSR

Old 02-06-2014, 10:48 PM

Default Two Utah State University Teammates on Seahawk Team

The Super Bowl is over but is often after the big games we're reminded of connections of players as younger but fellow Alumni from Universities we may have attended, or awarded us a degree.

Some may be surprised who one of my three Alumni, from USU are, and what they have contributed to the team.
1. Middle linebacker and team leader in tackles, Bobby Wagner. He's a second year.
2. Running back Robert Turpin. He was Wagner's teammate at USU.

It appears someone in the Hawk organization liked a couple of players who played for Former USU Coach John L. Smith. And as a reminder, Coach John L. Smith is an Idaho Falls native.

MSR

Old 02-09-2014, 10:40 AM

17,193 posts, read 22,983,063 times
A couple observations here.

Pete Carroll snookered John Fox on a couple things in the game, one of them being wr Percy Harvin. Harvin had played little in the last half of the regular season but when Harvin touched the ball on the Seahawks first offensive play he blew past the line and linebackers on that wide receiver sweep.

Fox admitted he made a mistake by not having the offense practicing in a game setting with the audio crowd noise amped up at practice. Fox! Duh! Ever hear about The12th man? Ever wonder why The 12th Fan is on the Seahawks Ring Of fame? Until Peyton decided to go with a silent count he was not effective whatsoever in the shotgun formation.

The Seahawks linebackers basically threw a blanket over the Broncos 10 yard crossing routes with the wide receivers. The linebackers were lined up 7 yards deep and were pummeling the Bronco receivers as they were coming across the middle. I'll bet after the game ended Wes Welker felt that he got hit by Amtrack.

The Broncos swore that they were going to shut down Marshawn Lynch. For the most part they did but Seattle's offense had several weapons, not just Marshawn.

The Seahawks defense were stronger, faster, and more physical. To Denver's defense, give them credit for at least not allowing the Seahawks a touchdown in the first half, but finally by the fourth quarter they caved. You can't make the mistakes that Denver made and think you are going to compete, much less win. And Seattle's superb defense had something to do with forcing those turnovers.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:32 AM

7,942 posts, read 7,746,179 times
Yeah, I have followed Bobby Wagner from the time he was selected. One of the linebacker coaches, who's name escapes me, stated after some of the first several practices were over during Wagner's rookie year that Bobby was something special, and that "he thinks that Bobby Wagner is going to be one of the best middle linebackers in the history of the NFL."

I'd say he's on his way, indeed!

Old 02-09-2014, 04:06 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,706,134 times
The NFL network has been running an edited version of the game frequently the past week. I have it down to a science...knowing exactly when to watch for the big plays. The announcers commentary has now been memorized! Sorry. Had to throw that in...

That being said, I hope Manning will be back, he is one the greats, and Denver has an extremely strong NFL history despite coming from a less than impressive AFL start in 1960.

Last edited by pw72; 02-09-2014 at 04:24 PM..

Old 02-09-2014, 10:30 PM

2,214 posts, read 2,674,258 times
Also the NFL Draft is a couple of months away. We can begin the speculations on who will the No. 1 draft pick in the NFL.
Scott
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls