U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 12:33 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,951,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Yeah, I have followed Bobby Wagner from the time he was selected. One of the linebacker coaches, who's name escapes me, stated after some of the first several practices were over during Wagner's rookie year that Bobby was something special, and that "he thinks that Bobby Wagner is going to be one of the best middle linebackers in the history of the NFL."

I'd say he's on his way, indeed!
Well darn, Elkotronics, I couldn't rep you again. At least of us will be watching Bobby Wagner.

It's kind of funny as some of the "old guard" in the PAC 12 include the U. of Utah in that expansion. I know Bobby Wagner went to Utah State, not PAC-12. I have degrees from both. I frankly don't care which University trained them, it's the coaches and scouts who see talent.

I included the U. of Utah as a lot of Washington natives who potentially don't understand all that came with the PAC --12 Expansion. They should learn as UW was #1 with UCLA and Stanford insisting Utah be included. Otherwise, those universities couldn't compete with other areas for multi-university research grants. No one else has what Utah does.

The new sports facilities are nice too. Shoot, the practice BBall facility and Skybridges between so many buildings between lower and upper campus, along with light rail, one would think Olympic Village was at the U. of Utah. It's fairly elaborate how Skybridges and more have been used in the new Athletic Facilities.

If Wasginton fans want Idaho and Jtah fans, a few need to learn some facts first. As one surgeon told me, few stop to look how interconnected UW and UU are in certain Depts.

So let's watch Bobby take the league next year wherever we all may be

MSR
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 12:51 AM

Default Style..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Crow is served in large heapings..... For a lot of people around the nation. Great play by the Seahawks. Their defense was stifling. The last time I remember watching a SB blowout of this magnitude was in 2001 when Baltimore destroyed NY 41-0. If someone had predicted yesterday's final score they would have been thrown into the nut house. From the first play of the game leading to a safety for Seattle, it was all headed south for Denver. They didn't stand a chance.
Hey Ditch,

Nice post.

I hope Peyton comes back for another year. The fun is just starting! And we have a broadcaster here that likes the Bills too.

If I didn't rep you I couldn't again yet. (I read your note - AMEN to that singer. I don't even mention him, given part of how I judge the greatest musicians.). Double H, venture over to the Rush thread and you'll see what we're talking about and Ditch can tell you who he mentioned. Not everyone here, Ditch, likes our tastes in music. That's good!

Now back to spring training for college football.

Roll Tide!

MSR

Old 02-12-2014, 03:30 PM

Default Negotations..."Not Costco"

Seahawk fans check this out about negogiating a new contract. 'This isn't Costco': Bennett won't give Seahawks a discount | FOX Sports on MSN

Old 05-22-2014, 11:54 PM

Default This is Relevant to E. Idaho Given Media, Commerce and Recruiting

Sage, this is relevant to E. Idaho for at least four reasons.

1. On our local news right now, is the Coach of Boise State and his planned visits to Idaho Falls. He said many travel from Idaho Falls to BSU for weekly games. Where local high school grads attend college often is a huge factor both for their exposure to scouts for Pro Teams, as well as repeated performances to western states pro teams.

2. Also media related, but probably best explained by pw72, we're kind of in the middle of pro teams in other states. Who decides which teams we get to see on the regular networks?

3. While grads and other former residents from every state live here, often their loyalties remain with their Alma Mater, or former hometown teams. That matters to commerce from restaurants that show games not on tv one may have at home. Also, from Walmart to tbe higher end sports apparel stores, what locals see usually is what the stores stock to sell.

4. Specific to Denver and Seattle, there are two streets that meet at an Intersection. One is Denver and one is Seattle.

When a city names streets after regional cities, they matter.

I'm going to add a fifth reason of why this thread is appropriate to keep here. Count how many posts ask how to meet others. Sports is a huge way in E. Idaho.

Besides, there was an article a few days ago that put the odds of these teams meeting again. I'm blanking on the number. If anyone saw that article, didn't Vegas give them 0%?

I hope others will add to this response to clarify what I didn't do the best explaining.

Thanks.

MSR

Old 05-25-2014, 12:30 PM

265 posts, read 609,655 times
Let me add something before the season starts again. So whom believes that it might be San Fran and Seattle basically fighting it out to be the NFL Champions for at least two more years? They seem to outclass the rest....Make your case for any other team. Jim

Old 07-17-2014, 12:18 AM

Lightbulb Did You See The Local News?

I'm glad this thread has remained open.

Some of our local Bonneville High School football team got to practice with invited teens throughout the U.S. on the Seahawk practice field. The links for the story weren't available yet.

Please add them if you see them.
Thanks.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:36 PM

Default Indie

I don't know why the news talked specifically about Seattle and the Seahawks last night. The video is different. Sorry. What a rotten afternoon and worse night it's turned out to be.

Bees react to performance in Indy | Video - Home

Old 08-07-2014, 11:52 PM

Cool NFL Thursdays...CBS

I'll probably cross post this with the media thread. I don't know who, if anyone will answer.

I just saw the ad about NFL on CBS on Thursday nights. I mean I've seen the ad before but always forget to ask. Personally, I think it's great. But there is a lot I don't know. I would appreciate info from some who know more than I.

QUESTIONS:

1. Is it just one game so all viewers will see the same teams anywhere in the U.S.?
2. If the answer to the first question is no, how are teams selected? I didn't word that quite right to reflect what I don't know.
Maybe I can ask my question this way. Most teams want to play on Sunday. For those who play on TH, what are advantages and disadvantages? College football started the TH broadcasts a few years ago.

3. I'm sure this will upset some and it's not meant to. I simply don't know the answer. Is this strictly NFL or AFL too? Again, no offense to anyone, I don't know which teams are eligible.

4. Finally, will we in e. ID have anyway to let our preferences known, for TH.or Sunday games? I image this would be at a regional level. Or does NPG, who manages CBS locally, gets their feed from a large city. How would we know and does feedback of who we want to see do anything?

Thanks to anyone who can answer any of my questions. I'm thrilled for football and not some dumb reality programs

MSR

Old 09-29-2014, 12:51 PM

74 posts, read 93,360 times
Default Which NFL Team is Favored in Poky/IF?

Which NFL team do the people in the Pocatello and Idaho Falls areas tend to root for? The Broncos or the Seahawks?

Old 09-29-2014, 01:04 PM

385 posts, read 441,992 times
Bears
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls