U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 06:12 AM

4,755 posts, read 16,568,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
CM, Got any DVD or tapes to watch of the Steelers? Sorry they aren't in playoffs.

msr
Oh no, I'm not one to do that. If I can't watch the game live, I don't watch it at all. When my boys are playing I get push notifications on my phone, so already know the outcome and well not excited to watch after knowing.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 09:46 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,942,872 times
Default Go Hawks and Go Denver for Respective Championships!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I know this topic has been brought up before, but not recently. I thought it would be a good time to bring up the Bronco-Seahawks rivalry, which certainly could be a Super Bowl matchup.

A little history...The Seahawks were once in the AFC West. With Denver. Denver dominated the series, but now we have a real possibility of a SEA-DEN Super Bowl. Local TV stations have the option of offering either team, (though both have been exposed due to different conferences and network contracts) though in recent years it was Denver. Now we are seeing Seattle on local tv.

A Super Bowl with these two teams might end the argument, (or not). Things will play out this weekend.

Denver is geographically closer to Idaho Falls, but Seattle is just one state away.

Any strong thoughts on this one?
The Seahawks have looked great. I like some things about Denver too. I would be perfectly happy to see each of them win to set up a Superbowl of two teams more west than the Midwest teams and more north than all the teams in southern states. In other words, the two most Northwest teams.

Is there any reason to believe Pro Football would prefer a greater distance between the teams, as is often speculated in the NBA?

I'm still interested to know why some are thinking SEA fans are so extreme compared to others. I was in Denver after they had won a Conference title and was NOT impressed with the destruction after a W. Who or what is hurt if Hawks fans are excited and talking nonstop about a hopeful win? A W would be great for the region, IMHO.

As I posted yesterday, there must be some facts of which I'm not aware. I'd appreciate knowing where the attitude about the Hawks, which is different than the 3 other remaining teams, is getting fueled.

Fans should enjoy the fun, IMHO

msr

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-17-2014 at 09:54 PM..

Old 01-17-2014, 11:19 PM

17,060 posts, read 22,381,543 times
Default Football mod checking in!

I miss the rivalry that the Seahawks and the Broncos had. It took Seattle a few years to build their franchise when they, along with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers first came into the league in 1976. By their third year though they had their first winning season with a 9-7record with Jim Zorn and Steve Largent being their best players. By 1983 they were challenging for SB-XVIII, falling to Oakland in the AFC Championship.

Through most of the 1980's Seattle was in contention for the playoffs. And the Broncos/Seahawk games were grudge matches.In fact as a collective group, the AFC West was as a competitive division that one could find.

I know, I've been going to Bronco games since 1962. I went to the 1989 game at the Kingdome where Denver beat them in overtime. The crowd? Deafening. I've been in loud crowds but back then the Kingdome was as loud as loud could be IMO. And Mile High Stadium was right behind them in the decibel level.

I'm not surprised that Seattle has been getting a lot of ink lately regarding their rabid fan base. I knew about them a few decades ago.

The NFL got what they wanted, the four best teams in the NFL. And they got the four best quarterbacks as well. Brady and Manning is the present. And may I introduce the future top two quarterbacks for THIS decade -- Kaepernick and Wilson.

I have the feeling that the tv ratings will go as nutsy as the Seattle fans. Going to be one HECK of a Sunday for NFL football.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-18-2014 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-17-2014, 11:43 PM

Default Great Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I miss the rivalry that the Seahawks and the Broncos had. It took Seattle a few years to build their franchise when they, along with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers first came into the league in 1976. By their third year though they had their first winning season with a 9-7record with Jim Zorn and Steve Largent being their best players. By 1983 they were challenging for SB-XVIII, falling to Oakland in the AFC Championship.

Through most of the 1980's Seattle was in contention for the playoffs. And the Broncos/Seahawk games were grudge matches.In fact as a collective group, the AFC West was as a competitive division that one could find.

I know, I've been going to Bronco games since 1962. I went to the 1989 game at the Kingdome where Denver beat them in overtime. The crowd? Deafening. I've been in loud crowds but back then the Kingdome was as loud as loud could be IMO. And Mile High Stadium was right behind them in the decibel level.

I'm not surprised that Seattle has been getting a lot of ink lately regarding their rabid fan base. I knew about them a few decades ago.

The NFL got what thy wanted, the four best teams in the NFL. And they got the four best quarterbacks as well. Brady and Manning is the present. And may I introduce the future top two quarterbacks for THIS decade -- Kaepernick and Wilson.

I have the feeling that the tv ratings will go as nutsy as the Seattle fans. Going to be one HECK of a Sunday for NFL football.
Hey Double H,

It's GREAT to have you post here, my friend You went to all those Bronco games and still found time for ALL the MOODY BLUES concerts too?

Did you see my question above about the fans? If so, any ideas about my question? I even ventured to 49ers territory to post it there. What I could kind of abstract from those posts is essentially some 49ers Media started saying really negative things about Seattle fans not allowing 49ers fans tickets. Then it really spun out of control from there. There may be other factors too, I don't know.

It would be great to see DEN -SEA play for the Superbowl! You added a nice part of the history between DEN - SEA rivalry. Thanks. I hope you'll post more here as we get closer to the Superbowl.

We need to get caught up.....so many things to update. You're as bad as Ditch, I'll post somewhere I don't think anyone will know me, then one of you will rep me with a nice message. Don't stop your great messages and informative posts.

I hope DEN wins on Sunday.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-17-2014 at 11:56 PM..

Old 01-18-2014, 01:31 PM

Default Seattle Radio Station Responds..

I'm surprised it took this long. One Seattle Radio station responds to SAN FRAN fan.
Home -- Sports News, Scores, Schedules, Videos and Fantasy Games | FOX Sports on MSN

msr

Old 01-18-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
CM, Got any DVD or tapes to watch of the Steelers? Sorry they aren't in playoffs.

I have a favorite if SEA - DEN were to play each other. But they first have to win this week. So I'll pick Seattle and Denver for the Ws. I believe they are both favored.

pw72, I have a question about some of the comments about SEA. I hope you will explain, or anyone else, who understands the dynamic. I've been to pro games including an NBA Championship game. I've heard and seen the opponent's fans and radio stations do lots of things to agitate fans and/or players. Everyone wants to win. There's smack back and forth with both teams. MSR, Johnny Unitas was one of my boyhood heroes as a kid. And still is one of my heroes. His comment on all the trash talking would be a reply of two words--"Talk's cheap."

All the extra festivities create a great time. I don't see that as unusual for fans.

I must be missing something. How come those in Seattle who are excited and doing the fun things fans do, are getting labeled as being so over-the-top? What are they doing that is causing so many to think the fans are too extreme or whatever the label of the day is?What's going on in Seattle is not dissimilar with what's going on in other NFL cities. I don't do the traveling I did years earlier, but I've been around the block and then some in NFL stadiums, having been in seven stadiums in all four time zones in four decades. My own take FWIW--Pete Carroll has injected life into this franchise that can't be measured on the field. I think there are certain teams with a camaraderie that is infectious which carries over to its local fanbase and Seattle is one of those teams. It was only eight years ago that they made the 2006 Super Bowl against Pittsburgh, and quite honestly Pittsburgh was lucky to have won it. The ball "bounced their way" on several occasions. The Seahawks didn't hang their head in shame, for sure.

I would like to understand more. Thanks to any who can explain.

msr
Comments in blue. Heh heh, MOODY BLUE!!

Old 01-18-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Hey Double H,

It's GREAT to have you post here, my friend You went to all those Bronco games and still found time for ALL the MOODY BLUES concerts too?

MSR
Have seen the Moody Blues in Boise twice-first time was 9/27/92 at Boise State University. Was on a Saturday, IIRC. The license plates in the parking lot was from everywhere in the NW--Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming, and several from British Columbia and Alberta. I believe I was the only one from Colorado. Speaking of Colorado it was only a couple weeks previous that I was at Red Rocks both nights for the Moodies concerts, those were the ones that eventually became the video that PBS made!

Saw them again in 2001 at the Idaho State Fair. Went to both shows on consecutive nights. Met a lot of friendly people at both Idaho shows and had a blast!!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-18-2014 at 10:41 PM..

Old 01-19-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Have seen the Moody Blues in Boise twice-first time was 9/27/92 at Boise State University. Was on a Saturday, IIRC. The license plates in the parking lot was from everywhere in the NW--Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming, and several from British Columbia and Alberta. I believe I was the only one from Colorado. Speaking of Colorado it was only a couple weeks previous that I was at Red Rocks both nights for the Moodies concerts, those were the ones that eventually became the video that PBS made!

Saw them again in 2001 at the Idaho State Fair. Went to both shows on consecutive nights. Met a lot of friendly people at both Idaho shows and had a blast!!
Double H,.

We probably shouldn't discuss the Moody Blues further here or pw72 will probably think we hijacked his thread. That being written, I'm glad you had a good time at the Idaho concerts However, I seem to remember from 3-4 yrs. ago your TOTAL number of Moodies concert to be double digit and much higher. I think we even talked about seeing a show together......

So back to this potential match-up, I'll send you a new PM as some decisions have been made since your last one to me

I've never seen this until today. I hadn't even thought of this aspect of a SEA-DEN Super Bowl. Enjoy and Congrats to Denver today on the W!
Pot backers cheer for a Seattle-Denver Super Bowl

Please take over pw72, and add to this thread after Seattle wins. Both you and Double H bring interesting and different perspectives to a Hawks-Broncos Superbowl !

msr

Old 01-19-2014, 07:21 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,469,182 times
OK, halftime, and I'm still on the edge of me seat. Hawks down 10-3. Nervous time. Need a couple of Wilson big plays, and a couple of big Marshawn plays. If I do not reply again about this subject then either we will have won or lost. How is that for leaving this open?

Old 01-19-2014, 10:09 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,469,182 times
Great job, Hawks. 2nd super bowl within the decade. Now, how can we contain Manning? Hmm, let's protect the pocket defense, and that will set us in the right direction. East coast media hates this match up, but I say who cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls