U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 01:24 PM

4,755 posts, read 16,579,604 times

Advertisements

I am seeing a Denver win in the SuperBowl
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 06:17 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,479,003 times
Is this an actual vision? Like a clairvoyant?

Old 01-21-2014, 08:15 AM

4,755 posts, read 16,579,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Is this an actual vision? Like a clairvoyant?
Yes that's it. I am psychic you know.... or did the gentleman in the white coat call it psycho??

Old 01-21-2014, 01:14 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,953,826 times
Default Congrats Seahawks!

I didn't get a Congratulations to the Seahawks written. Wow - that game was one for the Championship Games greatest! WTG Hawks

Now we can focus on an old rivalry and a Northwest game.

Who in the west cares what east coast media says/writes. If it's not L. A., few pro teams in the west ever get respect. I think that is partly due to the national media not knowing the players/coaches as well and can't get easy interviews. There are other reasons too, but to bad. The media has to cover the two teams going to the Super Bowl

BTW, when did Jim Rome join tv coverage?

Now to the match-up and other factors

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-21-2014 at 01:24 PM..

Old 01-21-2014, 01:22 PM

Default Mental Toughness: Who has the Edge?

Often the Mental Toughness is mentioned as a factor in winning any championship. Is Seattle ' s younger team at a Disadvantage here? Does Denver have the mental discipline? Or is this an over stated factor that really doesn't count?

I don't know the answers. Just curious what everyone thinks.

MSR

Old 01-21-2014, 07:29 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,479,003 times
Many are excited about this game because it is the new guard vs. the old guard. Atleast at QB. Denver is favored, but that is a Vegas money issue more than anything else. They try to make the odds close on purpose to make the most money, thus, the point spread.

Gamewise, the Sherman issue will be talked about and add a theme to the game. However, in the end it will come down to the basics. Who can make the big plays? Can the Hawks defense the Payton pocket? Can special teams make a few big plays? Will Marshawn be in beast mode? If the weather is poor, Seattle probably gains if it is rain, but Denver gains if it is cold. Not to make too much of the weather, though.

I think Seattle wants it more, but these things are always intangibles. Should be one of the better Super Bowl matchups in years. 13-3 regular season records for both. And #1 seeds meeting in the big game for the first time in years. I guess you know where I will be at 4:30 mountain Sunday the 2nd. No, not shopping at Macy's.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Many are excited about this game because it is the new guard vs. the old guard. Atleast at QB. Denver is favored, but that is a Vegas money issue more than anything else. They try to make the odds close on purpose to make the most money, thus, the point spread.

Gamewise, the Sherman issue will be talked about and add a theme to the game. However, in the end it will come down to the basics. Who can make the big plays? Can the Hawks defense the Payton pocket? Can special teams make a few big plays? Will Marshawn be in beast mode? If the weather is poor, Seattle probably gains if it is rain, but Denver gains if it is cold. Not to make too much of the weather, though.

I think Seattle wants it more, but these things are always intangibles. Should be one of the better Super Bowl matchups in years. 13-3 regular season records for both. And #1 seeds meeting in the big game for the first time in years. I guess you know where I will be at 4:30 mountain Sunday the 2nd. No, not shopping at Macy's.
pw72,

Will you not be at Mary's cuz you'll be watching multiple screens at Walmart or K-Mart? J/k.

Vegas is certainly a factor many consider. I think it's an external factor that shouldn't be discussed by the teams. I hope Vegas can be addressed here a little latter as even smaller bets are changing the odds now. Wall Street even has their own bizarre formula to give an edge, I believe to the AFC this year.

I'm more interested in the teams and coaches. I agree it is awesome to have these two teams with their records both winning their way to the Super Bowl

I think the Sherman incidence will decrease in importance the closer it is to the game both because others will probably say something and get their news cycle coverage. But, Sherman did create doubt among some if it's too soon this year for a change of the old to the new guard. Does Seattle need another year of experience and maybe maturity? I'm not saying it was strictly Sherman but he is the quickest example that comes to mind. However, he did his job.

Maybe when I asked about Mental Toughness I should have added experience too. Errors are made simply because it's their first appearance in the Super Bowl with this team. The Broncos have an older team with some who have been in more high pressure situations, be that Championship Games or those who have played in a Super Bowls before. Can Seattle ' s coaching staff and support staff prepare a younger team enough to offset the Bronco experience?

BTW - where are are both teams practicing? Will they alternate time on the NJ field?
Weather can't be controlled. I guess some kickers and receivers could practice in wetter or colder conditions.

Will this be a passing or running game? I've heard some thoughts on that subject with the bottom line being whatever wins. But in game prep, will one team or both have an edge trying to execute a certain offense? Or will it really come down to the great defense and offense, of the respective teams, that we've seen?

Can one player be the difference, such as Peyton Manning? Some think he will set the tempo for everything. I think the Seahawks D will do all they can as the #1 D to not give him the plays he wants.

Anyone with an opinion or thoughts about the game, players or coaches please add your views too.

msr

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-22-2014 at 03:09 PM..

Old 01-23-2014, 09:35 AM

Default Sherman Explains

Richard Sherman on tirade: 'I wasn't committing any crimes' | FOX Sports on MSN

Old 01-23-2014, 03:57 PM

Default Manning Coached Wilson........

Interesting Manning and Wilson both remembered each other. Would that be called talent?
Five to Watch: 2. Russell Wilson

Old 01-23-2014, 11:04 PM

2,185 posts, read 2,546,169 times
Default Seattle Seahawks

Go Seahawks. I've been a fan ever since they came Into the league in 1976, in the Jim Zorn and Steve Largent days. Through the bad and good times. Will be routing again for them. Hope they finally get a Championship. I just wish Richard Sherman would not have shot his mouth off after the game Sunday!
Scott
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls