U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 11:00 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,491,138 times

Advertisements

The odds are the weather will be fine. Atleast fine to the Seahawks! Rain/Snow mix, mid-30's. Perfect! Add a little wind and the Seahawks will feel right at home.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 11:41 PM

Oh, and sorry about the Christie comment. Some of us in the entertainment biz take the easy route. Probably not necessary. He is doing his best, even with surgery, but those who put themselves out there for public display need to understand that this perception is real. I'm not going to comment further, and really don't need to. However, I will offer this: Our President should be healthy, for logical reasons.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:33 AM

I will accept whoever wins this game, despite the weather. In other words, weather won't decide it. (OK, so I am lying here...the forecast calls for Rain/Snow and about 34, and that favors SEA.)Watch for a Denver lead and a Seattle comback.
This is a reality in this type of weather. Mark my words.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:00 AM

4,769 posts, read 16,595,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
That was Pittsburgh and the Minnesota Super bowl IX 1975. The last Super Bowl played in inclement weather.
played at old Tulane Stadium in New Orleans LA, because the Super Dome was not completed yet.
Scott
You know, I think that is THE game I feel in love with my bumbleboys

Old 01-25-2014, 01:02 AM

2,197 posts, read 2,554,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Scott,

Glad you emailed the station. Hopefully, we'll get to see the link.

Would you please copy your last Part of your post and add it plus any discussion to the thread here about the Super Bowl? Just look for SEA - DEN and you'll find it. I think a lot of people feel these are two good teams. I'll look for your Super Bowl comments there and TRADITIONS here. Thanks

MSR
MSR.
Today i received a reply the my TV station here it is, which is a Fox Affiliate station:
Sheryl Turbeville [email]Sheryl.Turbeville

10:34 AM (10 hours ago)
Hi Scott,
Thank you for your email. The guy who used to make his back yard into a stadium no longer does it. We called him last week to check on it but he just doesn’t have the time right now to do it.

Thank you,
Sheryl Turbeville
KHON2 News

Sorry about the bad news for this years Super Bowl coverage. I'll try to see if i can find some archive news on the story from the previous stories.
Scott

PS. I just E-Mail the station looking for Archive news stories from the past Super Bowls. On the the Super Bowl Stadium Build story, if it does not risk copy write laws.

Last edited by ScottStielow; 01-25-2014 at 01:22 AM.. Reason: add inforamtion

Old 01-25-2014, 02:52 AM

29,097 posts, read 23,537,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
There really isn't an NFL team that "belongs" to Idaho. I know fans from the Raiders to the Saints!! And of course everything in between. I hail from Central CA, yet my team is The Steelers There are quite a few Bronco fans, not sure if it's totally unrelated to our own Boise State Broncos in choosing them or not.

I do know walking into a department store I tend to see tons of Steelers and Niners novelties
That is quite interesting.

Thank you.

Harrier knows about the California influence in Idaho, but while Harrier was born here in southern California, he was conceived not far from Seattle, and has Northwest roots.

Harrier can never like the 49ers, due to the LA-SF rivalry, and the Steelers are evil because they beat the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:21 AM

17,077 posts, read 22,436,922 times
There are lots of observations and opinions as to who is going to win this thing. Can the Broncos defensive line stifle the Seahawks great running back Marshawn Lynch? Who is Richard Sherman going to be matched up against-Demarius Thomas or Eric Decker? Did Peyton Manning debunk the theory about he can't throw in cold weather? Will Knoshon Moreno be able to play Sunday? And on and on and on.

Several NFL former players on ESPN and the NFL Channel point to one factor. How will the players handle all the hype? To a man I've seen ESPN's Mark Schlereth and Merill Hoge and NFL Channel's Marshall Faulk opine that whoever handles the hype and the pressure best will have the inside track.

I might not be 100% "all in" regarding that observation but they do have a good point. And Mark Schlereth should know. He was in one Super Bowl with the Washington Redskins and two with the Denver Broncos.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:51 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,966,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Oh, and sorry about the Christie comment. Some of us in the entertainment biz take the easy route. Probably not necessary. He is doing his best, even with surgery, but those who put themselves out there for public display need to understand that this perception is real. I'm not going to comment further, and really don't need to. However, I will offer this: Our President should be healthy, for logical reasons.
pw72, what "should be" and "are the realities" for anyone can be changed in seconds by others like drunk drivers hitting someone in a head on MVA or other. I understand your basic point; I hope you understand mine. Also, I hope you will take the time to read this article about Peyton Manning, his congenital spine, subsequent surgeries and come back.

I know you want the Hawks to win and I have no problem with that. Peyton Manning and what John Elway and the Broncos built around Peyton are impressive to me.

I don't know why he had surgery in Chicago But otherwise I found this piece to sway me back to wanting to see Manning win for a lot of reasons. The Hawks are impressive enough to return next year.

I like his statement about sometimes progress is not moving backwards

Peyton Manning on his neck surgeries rehab

msr

P.S. Yikes, I just thought of something. In no way was my Chicago comment aimed at you, pw72. Chicago is not exactly known in some neurological circles of being where the neurosurgeons are the thought leaders or most experienced in complex neurological spinal surgeries. That fact is why I questioned why Payton would have two procedures there.
---msr

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-25-2014 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Added P. S. for clarity.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:08 PM

Default Thanks for asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
MSR.
Today i received a reply the my TV station here it is, which is a Fox Affiliate station:
Sheryl Turbeville [email]Sheryl.Turbeville

10:34 AM (10 hours ago)
Hi Scott,
Thank you for your email. The guy who used to make his back yard into a stadium no longer does it. We called him last week to check on it but he just doesn’t have the time right now to do it.

Thank you,
Sheryl Turbeville
KHON2 News

Sorry about the bad news for this years Super Bowl coverage. I'll try to see if i can find some archive news on the story from the previous stories.
Scott

PS. I just E-Mail the station looking for Archive news stories from the past Super Bowls. On the the Super Bowl Stadium Build story, if it does not risk copy write laws.
Scott,

No apology necessary. Thanks for checking with the station

So How do you think you'll fit in with eastern ID'S base of fans of every team? I agree with Cleosmom ' s earlier post that Idaho Falls, or the region, doesn't have a favorite pro team.

Between INL and BYU-Idaho, a lot of area residents come from all states and several foreign countries.

Glad you joined this discussion!

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-25-2014 at 03:22 PM..

Old 01-25-2014, 03:29 PM

Default The "Swag Bag" Contents

Here's a link to some of what "the Swag Bag" contains. This article doesn't have everything in this goodie bag. Nonetheless, these will be part of the experience for 80,000 fans.

Super Bowl Officials Pack Swag Bag with Warmers, Prepare for Day Change | KTXL FOX40

msr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls