U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2014, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Aiea, Hawaii
2,214 posts, read 2,679,104 times
Reputation: 1426

Advertisements

Interesting reading information how Russell Wilson almost became a Bronco

Y! SPORTS
Scott
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-28-2014, 05:19 PM
 
17,200 posts, read 23,005,721 times
Reputation: 50490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Good and thorough , Double H. Thanks for taking the time to be as specific and thorough as you were.



Denver fans have disappointed me once after a big win. Yip, I'm a wimp and totally wonder what some fans get from turning over cars etc. I was in Denver and 16th Street a couple of days after a win. I didn't like dealing with the chaos of some when trying to get to meetings and other business matters.

MSR
My friends who live on the front range have stated there are issues in "lodo" that concern law enforcement and I mean CONCERNED!! They have been doubling up on police duty ever since the halfway point of the baseball season. There has been lots of problems with the clubs on Blake St. The Rockies lackluster season last year didn't affect the club scene but towards the tail end of the season the sport talk stations in the Denver area were urging people NOT to park and walk to the stadium where those clubs were. Seniors and parents with kids have opted to go to the general lot north of Coors Field. Hopefully the City will get this matter resolved, they have enough headaches to contend with already.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2014, 10:42 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,255,303 times
Reputation: 6280
Default Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
My friends who live on the front range have stated there are issues in "lodo" that concern law enforcement and I mean CONCERNED!! They have been doubling up on police duty ever since the halfway point of the baseball season. There has been lots of problems with the clubs on Blake St. The Rockies lackluster season last year didn't affect the club scene but towards the tail end of the season the sport talk stations in the Denver area were urging people NOT to park and walk to the stadium where those clubs were. Seniors and parents with kids have opted to go to the general lot north of Coors Field. Hopefully the City will get this matter resolved, they have enough headaches to contend with already.
Hi Double H,

I'm glad to hear this is being addressed. I know the game is in Jersey (and ticket prices falling today). But part of the entire picture for me is how fans conduct themselves. I know no team is responsible for the acts of a few. However, law enforcement presence, with real consequences (jail and restitution) as well as the words of influential people could help. John Elway could set the stage of what he expects for the safety of all.

I've got to find the link about ticket prices going down today. I heard it on the news.

The reason for tickets decreasing in price: everyone knows - - the weather. Talk about the lonesome losers.............

Ditch and I were in contact today. We couldn't remember if 6'3" had a favorite pro football team or not. Should you see him somewhere, please invite him to post his NM opinion here. I'll send him a note..... it has been a while since he and I talked.

Thanks for the great info. Denver has got to get those issues cleaned up. Hope all is well in your western side of the state. BTW --- horribly off topic but I know I'll forget to tell you cuz I already have several times.

Did you see that MOAB is going to get air service from Scare West? SLC -MOAB and vice versa.

Sorry, pw72, to get off topic. I keep forgetting to tell Double H or anyone else who wants to fly into MOAB it will be an option now..

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-28-2014 at 11:15 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2014, 10:55 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,255,303 times
Reputation: 6280
Default Cool Info Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Interesting reading information how Russell Wilson almost became a Bronco

Y! SPORTS
Scott
Sometimes it's a small world, Scott. Interesting info. Thanks for posting it. I hope you find more.

I finally emailed my niece's husband today in Honolulu to ask if he had heard about the guy who use to do the Super Bowl imitation in his back yard. I'll let you know what he says. He wasn't exactly a big football fan when they lived in the 48, but who knows what he likes since they have been in HI for the years they have.
FWIW, NOTHING, I was thinking of my nephew from the same family. He didn't watch football growing up. Now he's in K.C. and bought the house of a former coach. I saw him with a K.C. Jersey on too. People can change.
MSR
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2014, 11:12 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,255,303 times
Reputation: 6280
Default Ticket Prices Decreasing

Here's a link about the ticket prices falling.
Super Bowl XLVIII ticket prices dropping by big percentages, but cheap seats still in thousands - Daily News

There is already another set of "articles/blogs" about the Secondary Tickets prices dropping. Scalpers might not make as much as usual. I could almost for them. I said Almost!

Hey Cleosmom and pw72, plus anyone who knows what makes Vegas tick about sports betting, will the decreased prices on tickets do anything to the Vegas odds? I know pw72 is as busy as Scott is with all these extra work hours. Who knows about Vegas and is willing to take a guess at what's happening there?

Thanks to anyone who can start to add Vegas into the picture now.

MSR
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2014, 11:05 AM
 
17,200 posts, read 23,005,721 times
Reputation: 50490
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I think that is a good summary.

Seattle's recent sports history has been miserable. Fans may be over the top, but there is a rhyme and a reason for it.

Please check out part of this AP story that ran in the Seattle PI story that infers a Seahawk title would end a lof of misery.

SEATTLE (AP) — Standing in the middle of the locker room, nodding his head to the beat of the music thumping with bone shaking bass, Ben Haggerty absorbed the scene.

As he shook hands with players and coaches who for the most part lacked association to Seattle other than employment as members of the Seahawks, Haggerty watched the chaos around him with special appreciation as a hometown native.

Better than most, Haggerty knew how special the moment was as the Seahawks celebrated winning an NFC title and getting to the Super Bowl, because they happen so infrequently in Seattle.

"This is the team. At the beginning of the year, preseason, it was like this was the team to do it," said Haggerty, a Seattle native better known to his millions of fans as Grammy-nominated hip-hop artist Macklemore. "All these guys, the defense, Russ, Pete, everybody, it's been an amazing year to watch. We deserve to be there."

The last sentence Macklemore uttered is the one that is so rare in Seattle. This is the region of jets and technology, of guitar riffs and coffee. It's not a place where expecting championships is the norm, because there's been so much disappointment in the past.

The last time one of Seattle's major franchises had a parade to celebrate a title came in 1979 when the SuperSonics won the NBA title and no one on the Seahawks current roster was born. To call Seattle's championship history thin is an understatement. The crushing losses along the way have become so plentiful that disappointment has become the default expectations for most fans in these parts.

But this group is different. And maybe that's why there is so much support behind these Super Bowl-bound Seahawks.
Great post PW-72!! Denver's history regarding pro sports has some humiliation as well!

Mile High Stadium-- Was built around the time of WW-II. It was built on what had originally had been one of Denver's very first landfills. It resembled a giant erector set as it was originally built for Class A Minor League Baseball. And as it was added on more and more, it got pretty gaudy looking, that's for sure. As for the players feelings about it, former Bronco defensive back Louis Wright said it best--"Yea, it was a dump. But it was our dump!"

Hockey- Denver generally had decent hocky clubs in the minor leagues. In the late 1970's though, the NHL expansion franchise Colorado Rockies suffered from indifferent ownership (3 sets of owners believe it or not) Not showing any commitment to improve the club due to their miserly ways regarding the players and their contacts, they split from Denver. And became the New Jersey Devils, who are still in the league 3 decades later.

Baseball-Denver had some good minor league ball clubs. And finally secured a major league franchise in 1993. And to this day they are criticized because of the thin air with home runs being hit there at a record rate.

Basketball- Denver was one of the more financially secure franchises in the American Basketball Association, having been one of four clubs who entered the NBA as the ABA eventually folded. Like MLB, they never won any championships in either league and in a ten year period of half the 1980's and a good portion of the 1990's they were the worst franchise in the league. Easily.

Later I'll work on a Bronco post regarding the subject of humble. And I mean HUMBLE!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2014, 05:09 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,255,303 times
Reputation: 6280
Default More Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Great post PW-72!! Denver's history regarding pro sports has some humiliation as well!

Mile High Stadium-- Was built around the time of WW-II. It was built on what had originally had been one of Denver's very first landfills. It resembled a giant erector set as it was originally built for Class A Minor League Baseball. And as it was added on more and more, it got pretty gaudy looking, that's for sure. As for the players feelings about it, former Bronco defensive back Louis Wright said it best--"Yea, it was a dump. But it was our dump!"

Hockey- Denver generally had decent hocky clubs in the minor leagues. In the late 1970's though, the NHL expansion franchise Colorado Rockies suffered from indifferent ownership (3 sets of owners believe it or not) Not showing any commitment to improve the club due to their miserly ways regarding the players and their contacts, they split from Denver. And became the New Jersey Devils, who are still in the league 3 decades later.

Baseball-Denver had some good minor league ball clubs. And finally secured a major league franchise in 1993. And to this day they are criticized because of the thin air with home runs being hit there at a record rate.

Basketball- Denver was one of the more financially secure franchises in the American Basketball Association, having been one of four clubs who entered the NBA as the ABA eventually folded. Like MLB, they never won any championships in either league and in a ten year period of half the 1980's and a good portion of the 1990's they were the worst franchise in the league. Easily.

Later I'll work on a Bronco post regarding the subject of humble. And I mean HUMBLE!
Hi Double H,

I hope you're not too bruised from the major threads about this S. B. Unfortunately, I don't think some of them are as good as this one.

BTW, I think the Utah Stars were one of the four ABA teams along with Denver. Only championship with Ron Boone and others while ABA franchise. But, it's possible I'm wrong.

I like the historical perspective of all the pro teams, except The Storm, you and pw72 have taught me here. Elkotronics and Scott also had some history included in their posts.
I look forward to additional posts when everyone can.

What I'm really proud of is next week the two top teams in the NFL/AFL will still be from the west

MSR
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2014, 05:14 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,255,303 times
Reputation: 6280
Question Unbelievable. ... Seriously, Who Needs This?

I found this little gem today. If someone is going to the East Rutherford to the MetLife Stadium to see the Super Bowl, I suspect they know what's in the area.

But it 's the Cold Weather Bowl


NY/NJ Super Bowl Host Committee | Official Site | Home

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-29-2014 at 05:41 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2014, 05:46 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 12,255,303 times
Reputation: 6280
Default Could This be Considered "Color Commentary?"

Cool that this will be for both teams

Start spreading the news: Broncos, Seahawks fans to light up Empire State Building for Super Bowl XLVIII - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

msr
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2014, 07:02 PM
 
3,970 posts, read 12,716,753 times
Reputation: 1576
Yeah, really cool, but fueling a small argument, (or maybe bigger), as to who is really the host. Notice most of the pregame shows are coming from Manhattan. I know the politically correct answer is New York/New Jersey, but let's face it this is being taken over by NY, with just the small detail of the game being played in New Jersey. They can argue among themselves, all I care about is the game.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top