Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:06 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

Your Super Bowl Clock and Headlines. Double H is planning a return appearance here as his schedule will allow. He's already got some "tidbits," I believe he called some info about the Broncos. Got a tough schedule and then a thankless job as Football Mod at CDF. So we can get this discussion moving again.

How much are you believing the game could be moved due to weather? I've seen that from four different sources now. I Wonder if that was ever a consideration in Green Bay and elsewhere north?

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 10:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Which team generally has more support in Idaho Falls outside of the Super Bowl matchup?

Someone mentioned that Denver and Idaho Falls are closer to each other, while Seattle is in an adjacent state, but which NFL team "belongs" to Idaho Falls?

Here in Los Angeles, since we don't have an NFL team either, it seems to be split between Oakland(since the Raiders once played here), San Diego(the Chargers play in our neighbor city to the south), and for some strange reason, Pittsburgh(Steeler Nation must be far flung).

There are a few St. Louis fans(although the Rams left a bad taste in the mouth of much of southern California when they bolted) and no one likes San Francisco(there has been bad blood between northern and southern California going back to when the state belonged to Mexico).

As for the Super Bowl - Harrier has to go with the "Hawks"!

Old 01-23-2014, 10:39 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,663,701 times
Well, the game may be moved but certainly not out of NJ. The payoff is too big.

And NJ's governor is too big to allow it to be moved out of state. Did I just say the NJ governor is too big?

Oh, well. Should be a great game. While not huge on the east coast, could be one of the better SB games in years. AFC is the home field team here, though meaningless. And it will be on Fox. 4:35 mountain.

Last edited by pw72; 01-23-2014 at 10:49 PM..

Old 01-23-2014, 10:56 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Your Super Bowl Clock and Headlines. Double H is planning a return appearance here as his schedule will allow. He's already got some "tidbits," I believe he called some info about the Broncos. Got a tough schedule and then a thankless job as Football Mod at CDF. So we can get this discussion moving again.

How much are you believing the game could be moved due to weather? I've seen that from four different sources now. I Wonder if that was ever a consideration in Green Bay and elsewhere north?

MSR
I heard tonight on Fox News. If weather is issue for the Super bowl next week. They will delay and Reschedule the Super bowl to a different day. Personally i would rather see them play regardless of weather. This is Football after all. Maybe I am being old school, jmho.
Scott

Old 01-24-2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Well, the game may be moved but certainly not out of NJ. The payoff is too big.

And NJ's governor is too big to allow it to be moved out of state. Did I just say the NJ governor is too big?

Oh, well. Should be a great game. While not huge on the east coast, could be one of the better SB games in years. AFC is the home field team here, though meaningless. And it will be on Fox. 4:35 mountain.
Thanks, pw72, for answering my question I wrote elsewhere about the network.

I'll still have a healthy debate with you, pw, anytime about the 60 + min. sport shows Jim Nantz hosted on Sat. and Sunday nights. Then Craig Bolerjack followed. Boler, who primarily does college for Network now, including The Pac-12.

KUTV at that time had NBC and countered with a different sports show hosted by David James, displacing SNL's time. Wow, that was a while ago when Nantz changed the local sports discussions. KSL was still an CBS affiliate and KUTV was NBC. Then in one of those media changes we all endure, KSL became NBC keeping the same schedule KUTV had and vice versa as KUTV became CBS. To bring this full circle, WA native, Adam Mikulich, who first worked in TV in the I. F.-Pony market now is at KUTV and often hosts weekend sports shows.

Changes with broadcast media, what can I say? What do you want think, pw? I'm sorry.

Honestly, I don't know why one of the local channels doesn't bring in Sports radio and print reporters, let alone coaches and athletes on a weekend show.

I can't believe this didn't post above. I guess I was too careful given other saved posts I had for Current Events and more which absolutely do not belong here. This is where the clock and Headlines are:

Super Bowl 2014 - CBSSports.com

I agree this game isn't leaving NJ (ignoring pw72 ' s remark about Chris Christie) No way NJ wants to lose that revenue.

And I agree, this should be one of the best Superbowl ever. It will be extremely memorable as the two northwestern teams are playing.

I kind of like Scott's thought about it's football just play. But I don't want to see injuries and a sloppy game since no one could hold on to the football.

Double H may have a better perspective on how far west Denver games were broadcast and for how long.

BTW, thanks for jumping in Scott and Harrier.

Harrier, pw72, could probably explain this better than I. Your point about fans is a good one. However, fans tend to exist where they can see games. At some point the Idaho Falls -Pocatello market started broadcasting more Seahawk games. There certainly are Denver fans too, but many are those who relocated.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-24-2014 at 01:20 AM..

Old 01-24-2014, 06:46 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
I heard tonight on Fox News. If weather is issue for the Super bowl next week. They will delay and Reschedule the Super bowl to a different day. Personally i would rather see them play regardless of weather. This is Football after all. Maybe I am being old school, jmho.
Scott
Totally agree with that. I miss the games that I can recall watching in the 70's where they played in ANY weather!!

Old 01-24-2014, 06:49 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Which team generally has more support in Idaho Falls outside of the Super Bowl matchup?

Someone mentioned that Denver and Idaho Falls are closer to each other, while Seattle is in an adjacent state, but which NFL team "belongs" to Idaho Falls?

Here in Los Angeles, since we don't have an NFL team either, it seems to be split between Oakland(since the Raiders once played here), San Diego(the Chargers play in our neighbor city to the south), and for some strange reason, Pittsburgh(Steeler Nation must be far flung).

There are a few St. Louis fans(although the Rams left a bad taste in the mouth of much of southern California when they bolted) and no one likes San Francisco(there has been bad blood between northern and southern California going back to when the state belonged to Mexico).

As for the Super Bowl - Harrier has to go with the "Hawks"!
There really isn't an NFL team that "belongs" to Idaho. I know fans from the Raiders to the Saints!! And of course everything in between. I hail from Central CA, yet my team is The Steelers There are quite a few Bronco fans, not sure if it's totally unrelated to our own Boise State Broncos in choosing them or not.

I do know walking into a department store I tend to see tons of Steelers and Niners novelties

Old 01-24-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
There really isn't an NFL team that "belongs" to Idaho.

I do know walking into a department store I tend to see tons of Steelers and Niners novelties
Cleosmom,

Would the apparel selection be different in different stores? J/k Kind of "odd funny" for me the two you listed were Pittsburgh and S. F. given choices I've been given about me. But that isn't football and this thread is.

The more I thought about it today, I have to say I agree with you and Scott about the weather. Play ball That being said I think a lot of the concern is for those in the stadium.
I saw a blurb today on what everyone in the stadium will be given to protect them from the cold. They are even getting hand warmers, after the mittens/gloves, identical to what the Q backs use for their hand warmers! If I can find the link I'll post it.....I wouldn't even know an estimated value of the "goodie bag."

Another unique factor about this S.B. for history.

I hope today was spectacular for you in every way

MSR

Old 01-24-2014, 08:54 PM

Default Worth the fine, IMHO

I do realize the 49ers lost; however in looking for info about a different subject, I found this blurb on the S.F. Gate ' s Blog. It just seemed a little odd to find this in the Chronicles blog so many days after the game.

It wasn't much of a fine and I like something about Sherman's comment. I think he shows the passion and preparation to win Maybe that is what you meant, PW, when you said you thought the Hawks wanted this Super Bowl more If so, I agree.

San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog » Sherman fined for taunting; Whitner, again, not penalized for penalty

msr

Old 01-24-2014, 09:31 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Totally agree with that. I miss the games that I can recall watching in the 70's where they played in ANY weather!!
That was Pittsburgh and the Minnesota Super bowl IX 1975. The last Super Bowl played in inclement weather.
played at old Tulane Stadium in New Orleans LA, because the Super Dome was not completed yet.
Scott
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls