U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 06:59 AM

168 posts, read 248,769 times

Advertisements

thanks msr

as far as transportation goes, i plan to have a car. that fact kinda plays into why using slash would be helpful for me. retiring from an airline means i will have lifetime free passes, but its' standby. so, if i need to fly into pocatello or slc then i would be able to get home on the slash. i know frequency of the service might not always work, but spending an extra day in salt lake city would not be a problem.

thanks for the input on availability of dt rentals. i think i should probably try airbnb for awhile and then if summer living in idaho falls works for me i might be able to swing the purchase of a small condo.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,324 times
Red face Nice Area?

My husband and I are looking to retire sometime next year and we have been looking at
IF. There are a few different areas we are looking at and wanted to know if they are safe. One of them is camore loma subdivision and the other one is rimrock acres. They both appear to be very nice but I thought that locals might know something that realtors won't tell you.
I was also wondering if it would be difficult for me to find a job, I am retiring but I would still like to work. I was thinking something like a petstore or a hardware store, I have worked at both in the past.
Thank you for any help you can give us.

Old 01-03-2015, 03:30 AM

26,087 posts, read 17,449,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalamini View Post
My husband and I are looking to retire sometime next year and we have been looking at
IF. There are a few different areas we are looking at and wanted to know if they are safe. One of them is camore loma subdivision and the other one is rimrock acres. They both appear to be very nice but I thought that locals might know something that realtors won't tell you.
I was also wondering if it would be difficult for me to find a job, I am retiring but I would still like to work. I was thinking something like a petstore or a hardware store, I have worked at both in the past.
Both of those subdivisions are safe, but there may be some water issues in Camore Loma. I might be wrong, but I vaguely recall they were having pump problems there a few months ago. I would ask the realtor about it.

Both are aging former top o' the line developments. I know one of the contractors who build homes in Camore Loma, and his homes were always very high quality, as are most of the other contractors who built there. As i recall, Rimrock Estates was all built by one contractor/developer, but that is not a bad thing at all.

I haven't spent any time in Rimrock, but I have in Camora Loma, and it's nice and quiet out there. Very peaceful except for some occasional wind and weather. One thing about either that should be considered is their distance from town. Depending on your lifestyle, sometimes the distance can become a drag for some folks, especially in the winter.

You probably won't have much trouble finding a retail job, at least a part-time job. Sales are doing pretty well here right now. We have quite a few pet stores and hardware stores. Some are locally owned, and others are part of national chains.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:37 PM

8,440 posts, read 12,010,871 times
Smile When Will You Visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalamini View Post
I'd encourage you to visit soon and stay aware of available houses. You can decide if you want more than 4 bedrooms, a small fortress close to other business owner's homes etc. I'm attaching a link for Comora Loma. Skidmores will be building another full section of CL after this phase is done.

It makes a difference if you will be building from a $75K lot, or purchashing a $500 - $1,000.000 or more home that is built.

It's good you know the area.

I absolutely agree with Mike about staying on top of the water issues. He is also correct just to make sure you realize how far south and east you would be in 8B County.

When you visit you can see the national pet stores, inquire more about private work especially with the equestrains and consider opening your own business to meet needs. Many who are retiring would like to work part-time.

This last week ID released data for the first time ever we had an excess of 11K people move to ID to retire than left the entire state.

Also, let your doctors know where you will be moving to see if there are high altitude precautions you might want to take.

Here is the Skidmore Info:

Comore Loma Idaho Falls Homes | Comore Loma Idaho Falls Real Estate

Let us know when you'll be visiting if you have questions about hotels etc.

Good Luck

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls