Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 11:31 AM

7 posts, read 19,288 times

Advertisements

We are moving from Texas to Rigby in May. My husband and I have four young kids. I was wondering if anyone who lives in Rigby could tell me about the best internet service provider, best grocery store, the parks, kids sports programs, and any other info that a family new to the area would want to know.

Also, we are not LDS and we will be looking for Protestant church (denomination not that important) that has a fairly large congregation and great programs for the kids. Any recommendations in Rigby or IF?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 11:55 AM

385 posts, read 525,994 times
Rigby is predominantly LDS. I'd be willing to bet that 75% of practicing churchgoers are LDS (I don't have any numbers to back this up though). If you want to find a Protestant church with a large congregation, you'll find several of those in Idaho Falls.

As far as grocery stores, your best bet is Broulim's, a very nice smaller regional chain. When you need big box items, Idaho Falls has Sam's Club and may soon have a Costco.

good luck!

Old 03-30-2014, 12:14 PM

Thanks for the info. Everyone has been telling us that Rigby is 70+% LDS -- and that's fine. I already figured we would need to go to church in Idaho Falls. I'm just wondering which of the Protestant churches in IF have larger congregations and good programs for young kids.

When is Costco expected to come to IF?

Old 03-30-2014, 02:04 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
There are a few churches of other denominations in Jefferson county, but I don't know if any are in Rigby. The one I know about is in Ririe, and is a bit further from Idaho Falls. It's only about 7 miles from Rigby to I.F. city limits.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:57 AM

1 posts, read 4,354 times
There is a Baptist church north west of the center of Rigby.

Century Link is placing fiber optic here now, but until it's ready you need to decide an ISP based on whether you are in town or out a ways.

IF has two 24hr Walmarts and a Winco that is also open all night as well as a number of restaurants. I am awake every night so these things matter to me anyway.

A large hospital in IF that has the capability for open heart surgery and treatment of head injuries and has life flight. In the other direction in Rexburg is a smaller (friendlier?) county hospital.

The roller skating rink has seen better days (a long time ago).

Ski Area nearby if you are into that. Reservoir for boating and fishing. Trails for snowmobiles and ATVs including sand dunes that folks come from all over to maim themselves, LOL.

Lots of places for hiking and camping, forest, mountain, desert, etc.

A gun range outside of IF and another west of Rexburg.

Get good coats and boots before next winter.

Last edited by Heartbolt; 03-31-2014 at 03:16 AM..

Old 03-31-2014, 06:34 PM

Thank you for all the info!

The house we are buying is on the south end of Rigby (so closer to IF than not).
We have been getting mixed opinions between Century Link and CableOne about which is better. So that's why I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks!

Old 06-26-2014, 01:09 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Family View Post
We are moving from Texas to Rigby in May. My husband and I have four young kids. I was wondering if anyone who lives in Rigby could tell me about the best internet service provider, best grocery store, the parks, kids sports programs, and any other info that a family new to the area would want to know.

Also, we are not LDS and we will be looking for Protestant church (denomination not that important) that has a fairly large congregation and great programs for the kids. Any recommendations in Rigby or IF?

Thanks in advance!
Any thoughts on Rigby, now that you have lived there a month or more?
I'm looking at Rigby, Rexburg, IF and even over the mountains in Lander WY. Just starting my research, but plan on moving Mar-Apr 2015.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:02 PM

We love it here. The area is quiet and family friendly. You get a lot of bang for your buck in terms of the housing market. (We paid under $180K for a 3100 sq foot, 5 bedroom house on over an acre.) No complaints so far.

We haven't found a church that we love yet, but we are working on it.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:43 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Quote:
We love it here. The area is quiet and family friendly. You get a lot of bang for your buck in terms of the housing market. (We paid under $180K for a 3100 sq foot, 5 bedroom house on over an acre.) No complaints so far.

Glad to hear that you're loving life here so far!! As for a church, have you tried Calvary Chapel in IF?

Old 07-03-2014, 08:41 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Default Downtown and Southern Part of Idaho Falls

Quote:

TX_Family,

Good to hear overall things have gone smoothly.

Check the phone directory for exact addresses. There are 3-4 different Baptist cburches, Cornerstone, Methodist, Lutheran and other Christian Churches in Idaho Falls. Given when they were built and zoning laws and how I.F. planned, the churches tend to be downtown or Southside.

You'll find the right church for your family. There are a couple in Skyline, too, per chance you've learned the back roads in Jefferson County by the river and golf course. That wrote enters Idaho Falls by CAES, INL and University Center. Skyline is easy from there.

I hope you'll continue to post here

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls