Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 02:41 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

I posted the first link from East Idaho News in CDF. I knew a little about this effort, but not much. I'm proud to say at least four others here read this news source now.

Today, Nate Eaton outlined the summary of their few months of the current product and tells their plans for the future. Check it out and please comment, or email them, if there is something you want added or covered. I, for one, am looking forward to their investigate reporting. Oh, I just thought of something I would like covered weekly or bi-weekly.

EATON: Where we've been and where we're going - East Idaho News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 02:22 PM

This change happened weeks ago. EZ ROCK at 106.3 no longer exists. I'm not the only one who misses it. Furthermore, I don't like hard line politics or radio on either side. My head hurts just thinking about all the extreme views. Rich Broadcasting is a private business so the owner and management can do whatever they want. But seeing all these AM and FM stations where KID-AM programming is heard is overwhelming to me and others. Some have written letters to the PR editor to complain about this change. If this is what the majority want, then fine. However, I've heard too many complaints to believe most want four stations with the same broadcast. One is in Jackson Hole. To me the JH "expansion" if you will makes the most sense as it is new programming to JH. But the others for the I.F. -Poky market? Hmmmm.

BizMojo Idaho: Rich Broadcasting adds frequencies to boost KID's reach

Old 02-16-2016, 02:37 PM

I posted a few weeks ago that the KPVI building on Lincoln was for sale. Now, KPVI's website identifies them only as in Pocatello. Is this because they can'-t keep up with Idaho Falls, Ammon, Rexburg and sometimes Jackson Hole reporting like NPG? Or is this a ratings thing so they can place first in the market, Poky only?

Too bad someone can't buy the NBC rights for I.F., Ammon, Rexburg and Jackson. It would be cool to see an NBC plus one other station broadcast from Idaho Falls. TV is consolidating everywhere in the U.S., but one never knows. With East Idaho Today setting up a studio for live broadcasts (see above post about EIN), anything is possible.

With KPVI identifying as Pocatello only, can they survive? Maybe EIT has hurt KPVI. EIT is now frequently quoted as the official source of eastern Idaho news. I believe EIT has hurt the PR, given some of the editorials about stories EIN ran.

I don't claim to understand this at all abut KPVI. What do you think? f5, any special insight about this?

Looking forward to your views......

Old 02-16-2016, 02:49 PM

Riverbend must really want to place well in the ratings period that starts next month. They are still looking for afternoon hosts for their Country Station and an afternoon host to try to put KLCE back in the top five. If I were an experienced DJ, who understands KLCE, I'd sign a six month contract and help them regain a top five position in the ratings and also stick around for the 4th of July. We know KLCE reigns on July 4th and several feel it is an honor to do that narration. If someone helped KLCE for six months until they find the right match for a permanent hire, it could be a win/win for the right DJ and Riverbend.

We'll see who they land for both stations.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:54 PM

Who is broadcasting on 107.9? I heard it start last week and it is ongoing. There is never identification which violates FCC rules. It sounds like top 40. No DJ is ever heard.

Maybe it's coming through from a different market. Without I.D., I don't know how to learn what station that is. Any idwas? TIA .

Old 02-17-2016, 04:24 PM

25 posts, read 20,230 times
Well, based on the Radio Station locator, it's call sign is KAOX, which transmits out of Shelly.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evGTA15 View Post
Well, based on the Radio Station locator, it's call sign is KAOX, which transmits out of Shelly.
Thanks! It is licensed via Shelley but could be broadcast elsewhere. It is similar to BOB FM radio how the music is played, but it's part of the SAM network. Lots of changes lately.

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 02-18-2016 at 07:25 PM..

Old 02-18-2016, 07:16 PM

I was driving on Lindsay Blvd. and went past Sandhill Media. I still like the design of the addition. But more importantly, a new van, like the others, but with a new finishing was parked with the Arrow, 100.7 (KSNA, I think), KUPI-FM and the Spanish Station. ESPN didn't have a van but was listed too. This new Van had 92.9 Soft Rock.

I changed my dial and liked what I heard, especially Ringo Starr and " It Don't Come Easy," which I probably haven't heard in over a month. The commercials were for WY. I don't know if there has been an ownership change or if 92.9 is broadcasting a different channel on that frequency or other.

I looked for it but didn't use the right search engine. I checked both Jackson/Pinedale, WY and I.F. for 90 miles. I'll try to find this as I think this could be a good channel. It seems like others noticed when Rich Broadcasting used 106.3 and other stations for KID-AM broadcasts. I'd rather have the Soft Hits than that talk radio.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:19 AM

Sounds and looks like we're into the rating months for local radio. Good luck to all the stations that have been broadcasting the last year. Next year there may be more in the market.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:28 AM

Congratulations to East Idaho News on the NW Emmy Nomination! ! It's been interesting to see this news source evolve. I'm looking forward to when their studios are built. I wonder if that will become essentially like a YouTube Channel of their stories. Or will there be times to tune in and watch news live?

I also wonder how much, if any, EIN contributed to KPVI closing their Idaho Falls office.

EastIdahoNews.com receives Emmy nomination - East Idaho News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls