Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 07:16 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times

Advertisements

Kind of strange we've heard zero for a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 02:31 AM

Well, f5, I must have had a gut feeling yesterday to post. I had no idea the board was meeting last night!

I can't say I understand anything about this board!! Read the comments posted below. Headwaters, who has the LEAST experience of the five, and is essentially an Idaho name and office for the Jackson Hole/NV Core Constructtion. Hmmmm!!

If Hughes was their best choice they should have used them again. Hughes is building the new Mtn. West Truck facility. But Hughes came in second and Bateman-Hall was third.

Read it closely, the board re-arranged the order so Bateman-Hall could move up to second and Hughes moved to third.

No mention of Ormond.

I don't understand.

Bonneville school district enters negotiations with Victor construction company | News - Home

Old 07-31-2016, 05:58 PM

FINALLY ground has been broken for the third high school in D #93. Now if Ammon will get traffic lights and/or additional lanes built before the 2018 opening. I do feel for Ammon residents and the traffic issues; however, only the City of Ammon can resolve. At 15K residents in Ammon, I urge those concerned to attend City Council Meetings and get involved. With all the new subdivisions coming in, the boundaries of the third high school aren't even established yet. They will be closer to opening, but currently the district can't out guess where the most new high school residents will live.

f5, the newspaper emphasized how the construction money was remaining in Bonneville County and Eastern Idaho

It's hard to believe school starts so soon. It will be interesting to see the enrollment size this year, it won't have decreased

Congrats to everyone who got this much-needed school approved by the 66.7 +1 voters It's one of less than five high schools in the state to pass that dumb, IMO, Supermajority Rule.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/Bonne...chool/40958086

Old 09-03-2016, 06:54 PM

The new high school has been given a name. But I can't remember it. It's Ridge something (not view ) or something similar.

Does anyone know the name? Thanks

Old 09-13-2016, 08:58 PM

75 posts, read 87,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
The new high school has been given a name. But I can't remember it. It's Ridge something (not view ) or something similar.

Does anyone know the name? Thanks
D93's facebook page indicates the "naming committee" just went through a process of reviewing submitted names, have narrowed their choice down to one, and will be making a recommendation to the board tomorrow night.

https://www.facebook.com/bjsd93/?fref=ts

Old 09-15-2016, 05:35 AM

434 posts, read 417,161 times
Black Canyon HS. Mascot, Phantoms. I like it. Does anyone have artist renderings?

Old 10-27-2016, 04:31 PM

What a non-surprise. District #93 has 600+ more students in grades 1-6 this year. So the possibility of adding trailers to one -four different elementary schools or building a new one that would accomodate a large number of students are the options being discussed. The district has pinpointed the rapid growth to the Ucon area. What a non-surprise to many of us who saw all the smaller homes or Townhomes built that way. Last year. The school is already considering that the the county has already rezoned two more large housing developments off of Iona Road. The architects will look in Jan. but compared to a comparable new elementary school in Twin Falls the cost is projected to be $3.8 million.

I say it's time to look at the middle schools now too. If we want growth and a growing economy the kids of those locating or staying here have to be educated. This feels similar to what it must have felt like when the six elementary schools were built in less than 10 years previously.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:16 PM

Have you seen the steel and more starting to shadow the skyline on Thunder Ridge? It's on schedule to be open for Fall 2018.

Also, did you see the request for qualifications for D#93 building? It appears the District is going to expand several of the elementary schools. Maybe the district will ask for a new Jr. High School. They will need it!

As an outsider, I don't know how come parents and other residents in D#93 don't demand that the City of Ammon and the City of Ucon, require Rockwell and others building the 1,000 homes put X amount of dollars into the new schools their new developments are creating. I'm not saying Rockwell should pay for the entire amount, but developers are making money building these developments, how about sharing the cost of the new schools needed?

Old 12-01-2016, 09:15 PM

434 posts, read 417,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Have you seen the steel and more starting to shadow the skyline on Thunder Ridge? It's on schedule to be open for Fall 2018.

Also, did you see the request for qualifications for D#93 building? It appears the District is going to expand several of the elementary schools. Maybe the district will ask for a new Jr. High School. They will need it!

As an outsider, I don't know how come parents and other residents in D#93 don't demand that the City of Ammon and the City of Ucon, require Rockwell and others building the 1,000 homes put X amount of dollars into the new schools their new developments are creating. I'm not saying Rockwell should pay for the entire amount, but developers are making money building these developments, how about sharing the cost of the new schools needed?
That is an idea. However, Rockwell is making themselves a living just like anybody else. Not necessarily getting super rich off of building homes in the district. F5stop ( I hope the name is correct ) insinuated that the recently passed bond actually had more to do with the Jr. high than anyone thinks.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
That is an idea. However, Rockwell is making themselves a living just like anybody else. Not necessarily getting super rich off of building homes in the district. F5stop ( I hope the name is correct ) insinuated that the recently passed bond actually had more to do with the Jr. high than anyone thinks.
I agree Rockwell needs to make a profit too. However, when huge developments are going in and schools are always overcrowded, I've seen developers elsewhere contribute X amount of dollars for the new schools that will have to be built. I don't think they should pay for all of it, but a percentage might help that group in Ucon who always votes against schools. In this last growth spurt, the houses are in Ucon. I think some will never want more schools. But that isn't realistic.

It still blows my mind that the student body in D#93 is larger than Blackfoot's entire population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls