U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 01:31 PM

4,251 posts, read 9,893,535 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I will be driving though Idaho Falls (on the freeway) and want a safe, reasonable, clean place to stay for the night. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks !
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 02:01 PM

385 posts, read 441,928 times
I stayed one night at Hotel On The Falls recently. Found the room for about $60/night on kayak.com and it was clean and safe. Close to the interstate and close to plenty of restaurants

there are cheaper options in town ($40/night) but I'd rather sleep in my car than some of those places

Old 05-03-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
I stayed one night at Hotel On The Falls recently. Found the room for about $60/night on kayak.com and it was clean and safe. Close to the interstate and close to plenty of restaurants

there are cheaper options in town ($40/night) but I'd rather sleep in my car than some of those places
Thanks, $60 is great, I don't want to stay in a $40/night hotel either.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:10 AM

6,284 posts, read 10,310,964 times
We've stayed at Red Lion Inn at the falls. I can't remember what we paid, but it was reasonable, and the view from high up on the 8th (?) floor was tremendous. Plus there was a nice breakfast cafe next to the hotel. Stretch your legs and walk down the path along the Falls--it's a wonderful breather after a long day's driving.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:10 AM

4,755 posts, read 16,574,751 times
You mentioned in CDA you'll have a dog with you. If that's the case, try Motel west (Broadway and I-15 locally owned), Shilo Inn (on the river) and I believe Holiday Inn Express (in town). I'm sure there are others that allow pets, but these are the ones that come to mind. Safe travels!! Also, the timing of your stay matters, if it's July 3rd, the rivers rooms will be booked or sorely over priced

Old 05-04-2014, 02:47 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,949,559 times
Default K-9s Do Matter, Travel Dates and IDOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Hi All,

I will be driving though Idaho Falls (on the freeway) and want a safe, reasonable, clean place to stay for the night. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks !
Hi adventuregirl,

I think you've been given some good tips from earlier posts. As Cleosmom pointed out, if you have a canine pal, that will limit your choices. The Holiday Inn Express isn't near the interstate.

I don't think the Hilton and Marriott brands allow pets. There are a couple in the Choice Hotel group that are very popular. But, I don't know about K-9s at those properties.

And Cleosmom is also correct that depending on your travel dates, the fireworks book the river front hotels 364 days in advance.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Keep IDOT handy to make sure no construction will delay your trip.

Have fun

MSR

Old 05-04-2014, 03:01 PM

521 posts, read 645,498 times
This place is nice and clean and is pet friendly. I stayed there last year on the way home from CDA and they have a soup bar on weekday evenings so you don't have to go out and eat.

If I go to CDA on the I-15, I'll probably stay there again.

Idaho Falls Hotels - Sleep Inn & Suites Hotel Idaho Falls ID, Idaho Falls Idaho Hotels

Old 05-07-2014, 10:12 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,474,555 times
Guest Inn, on Lindsey is decent for the price. This was originally a Holiday Inn back in the day. But heavilly remodeled. The Shilo offers large mini-suites, but will be twice the price. IMO, avoid the Super 8, while their rates are lower, it just doesn't offer much. IMO, Super 8 has been on a down hill slide, not all locations, but many. I'm afraid these franchises were peaking during the great recession, but the future is not so bright and you don't need to wear shades.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:42 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,474,555 times
Guesthouse, not Guest. BTW, most hotels jack up their rates beginning around the end of May. Try and lock in an advanced rate ahead of time if you are certain of your plans.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
You mentioned in CDA you'll have a dog with you. If that's the case, try Motel west (Broadway and I-15 locally owned),
I'm not posting this to be ungrateful in any way as I always appreciate the help I get on CD, but more as a service to others who may read this post in the future. Motel West in Idaho Falls was (to me) a place I would never consider staying even if they paid me ~ it looked like a place people with pit bulls wearing wife beaters go to do crack, and it wasn't cheap. I found a beautiful hotel ~ Best Western Plus Driftwood Inn, right across from the river with a sweet walkway with a MUCH better feel to it for only about $5 or $10 more. It was heaven for me and my little pooch after a very long day of driving.

DO NOT stay at Motel West!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: