U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 10:25 PM

8,440 posts, read 12,242,540 times

Advertisements

I know Cleosmom has been to a lot of Chukars games over the years. Has anyone else? Going to any Baseball game has traditions. What are your favorite traditions at Baseball?
Also, what radio stations carry the Chukars? I hope they can come on strong like last year and win

I admit I fail to understand baseball. Yes, I played. (First Base mostly). I understand the rules, but I don't know what people who are really invested in the game get from it. Is it strategy and out-thinking the managers? Or is it the time away from other things and the mental break? Or have I totally missed the boat of what makes Baseball what it is.

What can you explain to me so I'll understand better?

Subject # 2

When the Events Center is built and minor league hockey starts, will the minor league team be a farm team for one of the Major NHL teams? Any thoughts which Pro Club would be best and why?

With Hockey, it could be possible to be the team affiliated with a Pro Canadian Team. Any thoughts how that would work or obstacles that might be encountered?

Let's talk some sports as we have a lot of high school seniors who signed with Idaho universities. Oh, did you see ISU's policy about student athletes who attend on athletic scholarships but suffer career ending Injuries? I wonder if that is just ISU?

Let's talk sports, sportsfans

MSR
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 11:45 PM

2,214 posts, read 2,673,269 times
I grew up loving the Game of Baseball. Played in Little leagues and up through High School. Couldn't hit the Curve ball so that was it, like a lot of folks. Always follow the game anywhere, and still like to go to any game Minor leagues to the Majors.
I remember 1982 in Hawaii my first year in the Navy. The San Diego Padres had their Triple AAA Team the Hawaiian Islanders, and a young ball player named Tony Gywnn. We use to go to the games every Friday night when the Islanders were in town. Boy could he hit then. Turned out to be one of the best Hitters of all time. RIP Tony Gywnn!

I cannot explaine why i love the game, its just there, its a feeling i have. I liked playing the game, it was fun. Like the Strategy involved. The hit and Run, stealing bases, taking a hit away from a opposing hitter, running it down in the outfield. There is no time limit, although the league is trying to speed up the games time wise. Its Just a Relaxing game to follow.

Just one perception of the game of Baseball.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:46 PM

3,970 posts, read 12,705,382 times
Sandhill Radio covers Chukars baseball games on ESPN 980 AM, 105.5 FM, and in the southern plain, they are on 94.5 FM.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:51 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,361,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Sandhill Radio covers Chukars baseball games on ESPN 980 AM, 105.5 FM, and in the southern plain, they are on 94.5 FM.
You can also watch the home games on the web at milb.com. Well worth the price, as you get all AAA and AA games, plus about 30 other A league teams. They use to have the Boise Hawks but some reason they dropped last year and haven't come back.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:34 PM

385 posts, read 458,438 times
anybody know where to buy a Chukars shirt in the offseason? is the shop at Melaleuca Field still open?

Old 10-08-2014, 03:13 PM

48 posts, read 95,645 times
ifchukars.com is the team's official website. I know there is a merchandise link so maybe they will ship them during the offseason.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:33 PM

Default New Broadcaster and internet ability to listen

Nice to see "the love" given to the new broadcaster for the Chukars. He has had an interesting road so far, including the Australian Baseball League and Playoffs.

Equally or more impressive to see the commitment to and "the love" given to John B. I never spell his last name correctly- check BizMojo Idaho. It seems like Paul M.'s article about this new announcer, who will call every game and co-broadcast with John B. at home, is of course reprinted on East Idaho News as are most posts Paul M. writes, since his book was released. The interesting thing to me is how very similar the PR article was.

You can listen to the Chukars on the ESPN station and a couple of others. They are in Paul M's article. This year they list the internet links to listen as well. IMO, Sandhill Media has the best apps locally and links to listen. I'm glad to see the articles include the internet links as well as radio stations so more can hear the games.

Check out the details on BizMojo Idaho.

Go Chukars!

Old 09-08-2015, 04:06 PM

Default Congrats Chukars Winning Second Half of the Season!

The Chukars got off to a rough start this year. I think they ended in last place the first part of the season However, one of their pitchers got called up to a higher league team and the Chukars received someone to develop. IMO that was the changing moment. They started to win and by big margins at times.

Watching news highlights it looked like a lot were there. There was still room for others, and this has been such a busy summer with all the regular events and the innagural Carmus I sometimes wondered if some looking for something fun to do forgot about the Chukars?

This post is to remind everyone they will be going to the playoffs. I hope they do well

Old 09-09-2015, 10:57 PM

Default Game #1 Chukars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
The Chukars got off to a rough start this year. I think they ended in last place the first part of the season However, one of their pitchers got called up to a higher league team and the Chukars received someone to develop. IMO that was the changing moment. They started to win and by big margins at times.

Watching news highlights it looked like a lot were there. There was still room for others, and this has been such a busy summer with all the regular events and the innagural Carmus I sometimes wondered if some looking for something fun to do forgot about the Chukars?

This post is to remind everyone they will be going to the playoffs. I hope they do well
The Chukars won tonight. Congrats Chukars!

They travel to Orem for one game tomorrow, I think. If they win, they come home. If they lose, then there is another game in Orem on Friday. Let's get the South Division first Chukars!

Old 09-11-2015, 09:56 PM

It appears the Chukars won the Southern half of the playoffs tonight. After losing to Orem last night in Orem they came back tonight to win.

Next week they will play a MT team for the Championship. WTG Chukars!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: