U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 05:43 PM

75 posts, read 71,608 times

Advertisements

I had the pleasure of eating lunch at the Agave Grill in Idaho Falls today. We were greeted with a smile as soon as we walked in. I immediately noticed how bright and clean the place was. That generally idicates what the kitchen looks like, too. Once we were seated, chips and salsa, and some delicious refried bean dip appeared promptly.
Service was fast, pleasant, and unobtrusive. We were well taken care of, but not to the point of being annoyed while enjoying the meal.
My wife had a combo plate with a chimi and an enchilada. You can choose from ground beef, shredded beef or chicken in most of the entres. I had the grilled pork carnita platter, and it was awesome. Everything on the lunch menu also includes beans and rice. The food was excellent, presentation was nice, portions were hearty, and reasonably priced. The breakfast, dinner, and desert menus look good, too.
If you like Jalisco's, you'll love this place. I know I'Il be going back.

They are located in the strip mall just east of Hitt, and north of the Walmart parking lot.

Last edited by siege; 01-31-2015 at 06:16 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 05:58 PM

We stopped at the recently opened Gator Jack's in Idaho Falls for lunch today. It is the building on Hitt that was formerly Wingers. Having eaten at the shop in Rigby, we knew what to expect.
My wife had the Plano burger. That translates to Plain Ol' Burger. Nice sized beef patty, choice of cheeses, and is served with the lettuce, tomato, red onions, and pickle served on the side. If you like a straight up regular burger, this is it. It comes with a nice sized helping of beer battered fries and fry sauce.
I ordered the shrimp Po' Boy. I had mine on a sourdough baguette. There are 3 other bread choices. There are vegetable, cheese, and sauce choices, as well. The quanity of shrimp and spicy andoule sausage slices was generous, and they were nicely prepared. The only thing that I did not enjoy was the Cajun remoulade that dressed the roll. It was an option, and I chose it, but it had a lot more mustard in it than I use when making my own. It overpowered the sandwich. All drinks are " bottomless", and the waitress keep us refilled.
All in all, the food was very good. Initial greeting, and getting to the booth were prompt, but service was a bit slow from the kitchen. There are a number of different offerings that are temporarily crossed off the menu, that will be added back when all the recipe items are in place. I'm sure time will cure both of these issues.
It was a good experience, made even better by the complementary warm, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies that came with the check.

Last edited by siege; 02-28-2015 at 06:11 PM..

Old 03-05-2015, 10:41 PM

We had a suprise excuse to celebrate something today, so went out to eat. The target for tonight was pizza, so we tried the newest restaurant in town, Stoplight Pizzeria. They just opened on Monday, but have most of the kinks already worked out. The signage is not installed on the pole yet, but they were surprisingly busy. The owner, a very outgoing and personable guy, regularly made the rounds, to be sure everybody was happy.
There is a nice variety of speciality pizza choices, with quite a few that are pretty unique. If your taste runs to the more conventional, there is a list of toppings, and you can create your own. The toppings and cheese were high quality, and quantities were well proportioned to the sizes of the pizzas. There was a 32" pie being dressed as we were leaving, and it looked amazing. The two of us ordered " the sampler ". That was four 7" pizzas, and an order of cheese sticks. We got to try 5 different menu items that way, and had so much left over that we will have lunch ready for tomorrow.
Anybody can buy quality ingredients, and put them on a pizza. The real difference to me is in the crust. This is where Stoplight's pizzas shine (pun intended).
The crust has an old fashioned, hand made texture and real flavor. No frozen, cardboard, imitation anything here. Nice, slightly yeasty taste, perfectly baked, and no gritty cornmeal or oil on the bottom.
Locally owned, 2nd store that they opened, but definately not a cookie cutter franchise kind of place. and genuinely eager to please. They are at 775 Yellowstone in Idaho Falls. Try it, you may find your new favorite pizza.

Last edited by siege; 03-05-2015 at 10:52 PM..

Old 03-07-2015, 11:11 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,963,663 times
Default Made me Think of Riverwalk in NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
We had a suprise excuse to celebrate something today, so went out to eat. The target for tonight was pizza, so we tried the newest restaurant in town, Stoplight Pizzeria. They just opened on Monday, but have most of the kinks already worked out. The signage is not installed on the pole yet, but they were surprisingly busy. The owner, a very outgoing and personable guy, regularly made the rounds, to be sure everybody was happy.
There is a nice variety of speciality pizza choices, with quite a few that are pretty unique. If your taste runs to the more conventional, there is a list of toppings, and you can create your own. The toppings and cheese were high quality, and quantities were well proportioned to the sizes of the pizzas. There was a 32" pie being dressed as we were leaving, and it looked amazing. The two of us ordered " the sampler ". That was four 7" pizzas, and an order of cheese sticks. We got to try 5 different menu items that way, and had so much left over that we will have lunch ready for tomorrow.
Anybody can buy quality ingredients, and put them on a pizza. The real difference to me is in the crust. This is where Stoplight's pizzas shine (pun intended).
The crust has an old fashioned, hand made texture and real flavor. No frozen, cardboard, imitation anything here. Nice, slightly yeasty taste, perfectly baked, and no gritty cornmeal or oil on the bottom.
Locally owned, 2nd store that they opened, but definately not a cookie cutter franchise kind of place. and genuinely eager to please. They are at 775 Yellowstone in Idaho Falls. Try it, you may find your new favorite pizza.

Oops, this should have been for Gator Jack's. Heart is rocking on a DVD I've never seen previously. I must have skipped Gator Jack's as they went to my favorite Heart songs ; - -))

Your post made me think of Riverwalk in NOLA, siege. They have the best Shrimp Pooh Boys I've ever had. Of course I'd probably stop at Cafe do Monde for beignets and a drink or the famous chicory coffee.

I do know Gator Jack's gives each diner a cookie, but I thought with the flavors you ďescribed you'd get a beignet too

I've got to decide where to post about a TV channel I found for the first time today. It's AXS and is showing Heart currently. They are debuting a biggie tomorrow with Chicago and REO at Red Rocks. Concert food matters too

As for the pizza, how was the bacon?

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 03-07-2015 at 11:22 PM..

Old 03-27-2015, 09:08 PM

Default Fujitsu Hibatchi and Sushi

Has anyone heard of or eaten at Fujitsu Hibatchi and Sushi? If so, please post where this is and a bit about the menu and ambiance etc. I can't place it and am wondering if a restaurant got renamed or if this might be a corporate name. Also, the possibilities that I can't place it because I've never seen it, or that it isn't open yet, are very real.

Thanks for anything anyone can add.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:38 PM

385 posts, read 442,644 times
is that the place going in at the old Game World in Ammon? beside the popcorn shop?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
is that the place going in at the old Game World in Ammon? beside the popcorn shop?
Possibly. I have avoided going to Hitt and Sunnyside during the road construction. Would there be enough progress on the Restuarant to open in about a month? I'm guessing a month as the timeframe, it could be earlier.

Thanks tmp4

Old 03-28-2015, 01:52 PM

Default Fiju -Opens Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
Tmp4, This is accurate timing. This restaurant opens on Monday. It is in Ammon at 2625 South on Hitt Rd. I think it's open 7 days a week, but I'd check with them about the hrs. I think it opens at 11:00 a.m. but closing may vary on different days. I'm guessing the menu follows the name and it is more Sushi and Hibatchi entrees not fried chicken or hamburgers etc.

When someone eats here, let us know how the food is and what is served.

I hope it is a positive addition to our choices in restaurants

Old 03-28-2015, 04:13 PM

385 posts, read 442,644 times
I assume it'll be a Benihana type of restaurant. I think it'll do well here. always good for birthdays and group dinners

Old 05-14-2015, 07:18 PM

Default Spring 2015 Update

Let's Update Some of our Favs. siege, what new restaurants have you tried recently? What are favorite local restaurants that have a patio for the warm months (and good food)? What does everyone think is the most formal local restaurant?

I'm disappointed Dane Watkins hasn't sold the idle Westbank restaurant yet. I think a higher end restaurant needs to occupy the restaurant and lounge in that building. What do you think?

Has anyone tried Fujitso Hibattchi and Sushi close to the Edward Theaters? If so, what did you think? The reviews I've read were very positive, unless you own one of the competing restaurants
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls