Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 01:20 AM

16 posts, read 44,897 times

Advertisements

Hello All

Another question, I just came back from IF from a visit and a job offer. I was looking at maybe renting a home, or a lease with option to buy. I have excellent credit and am selling my home in Mass. I was not sure about buying right away, To try an area or so. I have 3 kids so apt. life iffy. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 09:43 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
If you go to the Post Register online you can check out the houses for rent. I will let you know that this area is next to impossible to find a place that allow pets. Don't know if you have any, but didn't want you to be caught offguard.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:02 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Thumbs up Good Resource

I think Cleosmom has given you the best resource for a rental. That web address is Postregister.com - Monday, January 14, 2008 - Idaho Falls, Idaho. The classifieds are on the left hand side near the top of all the free information. The paper itself is by subscription, but the classifieds, so much info about Yellowstone etc. is all available to those who want to find it.

Also, you may have mentioned this elsewhere, I've been MIA for a while, but do you need housing (or prefer it) in a certain area of town?

I was surprised to learn recently that 40% of the population of Idaho Falls (not I.F. metro, which includes, Ammon, Iona etc.), lives west of the river. Commute times are a factor in Idaho Falls, depending on the time of the day.

Good Luck - it only takes one right situation to be right for you!

Old 06-12-2008, 02:20 PM

634 posts, read 2,347,430 times
Freyfamily - was wondering what type of success you had in finding a home to rent. We are heading to IF in August and are in very much the same situation as you were, except that we are currently renting - no home to sell.

Thanks!

Old 06-16-2008, 11:17 AM

2 posts, read 4,565 times
Default Response to Rental or lease to own

I don't know if you already started to lease or rent a home but if you are planning to be in the area for a few years then it would be better to buy because when the market changes, the person who is leasing to purchase might try to get that equity in their home. Buying now will give you the equity. I have a client who went through this with her lease to purchase option and she needed to leave the house after the month so she can sell the house for the $20,000 more than she first wanted when my client moved in the house. I told her before getting into the lease to own option not just purchase a house so she doesn't have any problems. She was sure she wouldn't but then five months later it happened. If you have any more questions, feel free to call me at (208)703-2343. I noticed it sais Mass. I am from Philadelphia and move to the Boise area but if you need any help, I would be more than happy to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyfamily68 View Post
Hello All

Another question, I just came back from IF from a visit and a job offer. I was looking at maybe renting a home, or a lease with option to buy. I have excellent credit and am selling my home in Mass. I was not sure about buying right away, To try an area or so. I have 3 kids so apt. life iffy. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:28 AM

634 posts, read 2,347,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmilnamow View Post
I don't know if you already started to lease or rent a home but if you are planning to be in the area for a few years then it would be better to buy because when the market changes, the person who is leasing to purchase might try to get that equity in their home. Buying now will give you the equity.
That's part of the problem - we're not sure how long we will be in IF. It may only be for 3 years, and if that is the case and we buy instead of rent, we might lose out too. We may decide to buy in IF, but want to be there for 6-12 months first to get an overall lay of the land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: