U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2015, 03:45 PM

8,440 posts, read 12,242,540 times

Advertisements

A lot of companies are holding job fairs as the economy improves. This thread will allow us to post new job fairs as we here about them. Please do post as a lot read this page even if they don't post.

Thanks for your help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 05:41 PM

Default East Idaho Broadcasters Job Fair

This job fair is quite different than most hosted by the Idaho Dept. Of Labor on Lincoln Road. I honestly do not recall this group having a separate fair before. There may have been one last year, but if that is the event I'm thinking of, it was in Pocatello. KPVI is participating in the East Idaho Broadcasters Association Job Fair, but no Pocatello only radio station is.

This sounds interesting. It's being held at the Willard Arts Center on Thursday, April 9, 2015 from 3-6 p.m. This will be different than the job fairs hosted by the Labor Dept. for a few more reasons than location.
First, my understanding is many morning DJs from all three of the radio clusters will be present for some time. Secondly, about half of the local broadcasters are now offering paid internships in both Broadcasting and Sales -AKA- Account Executives. It's hard to land a job with no experience and the local broadcast media companies can train interns how to manage an account etc.paying a lower wage while hopefully having qualified candidates for Full-Time employment finish the internship.

Finally, this is different than other hiring fairs as each radio cluster and KPVI as well as KIDK (Fox 5) and KIFI each are broadcasting their own messages about this event. I think I've seen the difference in the tv ads. I haven't listened to all three radio clusters so I don't know what each is doing.

For me, what got my attention were the stories of how the DJs found radio, I thought were interesting. Who knew where a couple have lived and what they did before radio as the Sandhill DJs are sharing in their spots.

Also, with the re-branding and programming of what is now KEIR 101.1, Riverbend may end up needing more help. Their programming is a bit scattered currently having an hour of local talk, NBC sports and Dave Ramsay during the day. Weekends are syndicated sports and national talk radio on Saturdays. Sundays have a church service from a local Christian Church and other. Plus they have the Digital East Idaho News.

If you or someone you know is interested please attend. Here's more info:

Job Fair - East Idaho Broadcasters Association

Good luck to all, radio and tv will continue to be live in smaller markets. It's the large markets that are being bought out and syndicated. Go ask an export at the job fair, or post below if you can explain.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:23 PM

2,214 posts, read 2,673,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
A lot of companies are holding job fairs as the economy improves. This thread will allow us to post new job fairs as we here about them. Please do post as a lot read this page even if they don't post.

Thanks for your help!
How often does IF, and surrounding towns, hold Jobs Fairs each year MSR?

Old 04-14-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
How often does IF, and surrounding towns, hold Jobs Fairs each year MSR?
Scott,

IDK how often job fairs happen. It depends on whether a new business or a few businesses need employees quickly. The local Dept. of Labor is very responsive to the needs of employers.

Here's a general link. Others may know more about this than I do.

Job Seekers

There will be a job fair after NuScale hopefully receives a Nuclear Reg. License and starts building the buildings next year. Construction of the small nuclear reactor pieces would start after the buildings are complete.

I hope that helps.

MSR

Old 04-15-2015, 12:47 AM

2,214 posts, read 2,673,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Scott,

IDK how often job fairs happen. It depends on whether a new business or a few businesses need employees quickly. The local Dept. of Labor is very responsive to the needs of employers.

Here's a general link. Others may know more about this than I do.

Job Seekers

There will be a job fair after NuScale hopefully receives a Nuclear Reg. License and starts building the buildings next year. Construction of the small nuclear reactor pieces would start after the buildings are complete.

I hope that helps.

MSR
Thank you MSR for the link. I am keeping a eye out for Certain jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: