U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2015, 04:59 PM

8,440 posts, read 12,246,162 times

Advertisements

They did what many thought wouldn't happen for another decade or so. The majority of the council voted last night (Wed.) to approve alcohol sales on Sunday. They expect the first alcohol to be sold three days from now.

Those who voted to approve did so putting the good of the business community, ability for chain restaurants to locate in Rexburg and the tourists who visit Yellowstone National Park, as well as any area residents who want alcohol first. They want to stop the "leakage" of those dollars to Idaho Falls.

WTG Rexburg City Council keeping personal and city business separate

Here is a link: http://m.localnews8.com/news/rexburg...sales/32390890
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 05:56 PM

385 posts, read 458,722 times
excellent! while it doesn't affect me directly, I think it's a great decision

now if we can just get Jamba Juice to serve on Sundays, that will be a whole different story!

Old 04-16-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
excellent! while it doesn't affect me directly, I think it's a great decision

now if we can just get Jamba Juice to serve on Sundays, that will be a whole different story!
I don't know that the brand will. There is a market tmp4. Take the opportunity to open your first restuarant
There is another restaurant that has opened north of the Ammon WalMart. They do breakfast and lunch. I don't know if they are open on Sundays. You may want to check.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:46 PM

385 posts, read 458,722 times
sorry, didn't mean to derail this thread

back to celebrating the good news from Rexburg

Old 04-16-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
sorry, didn't mean to derail this thread

back to celebrating the good news from Rexburg
You didn't.

I'm proud of the Rexburg council for doing their jobs. I'm so far beyond disillusioned with how poorly the Legislature functioned, or more appropriately didn't function, to create or modify laws with residents interests in mind, not their own. The Senate Pro Temp lives in Rexburg.

Maybe his city council members can teach him in public office his personal opinion doesn't matter. What voters need and want does. I don't want to hijack the thread either so I'll stop.

I think the growth at BYU-IDAHO has been good for the city and area politically. I think Rexburg officials can now discuss a few things with more moderate opinions helping govern. It is my hope more Moderates will challenge the extreme politicians, regardless of party or location. Moderates work for the betterment of the city, county or state, IMO. Extreme views (either party) tend to be more about the person who has them, not helping voters, from my perspective.

This is a really good example when those elected follow their duties of office vs. making their personal viewpoints the "official" policy/law.

Again, WTG the majority of the Rexburg City Council.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls