U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 02:09 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,959,415 times

Advertisements

Ammon starts building the Fiber Optic Network next week. I'm surprised only hundreds of people have signed up so far. It's probably the $3,000 current connecton cost. The more who sign up for service the cheaper it will become for everyone. Fischer'-s decision to build by Hillcrest H.S. shows internet business is watching, IMO. As businesses get built that want the Fiber Optic the cost will decrease much more.

Anyone wanting the service needs to contact the City of Ammon. This will be interesting to watch.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 09:04 PM

Have you seen all the land for the new hotel and the CAL Ranch new flagship store and building? Wow, it is big. Curlew is the eastern border. Some may go all the way to Hitt.

I don't know which will be the most north from Walmart. To me, it makes sense to place the hotel closer to Walmart. Then a different road could access the new CAL Ranch Headquarters.

What do you think?

Old 09-13-2016, 09:09 PM

Has any construction started on the new Technology Park at the Ammon Ranch development? Several low rise office buildings will be part of what is planned for the southeast corner of Sunnyside and Ammon Road.
Some may be commercial but that isn't the main purpose of this development.

Is the Stillwater something different or unique at Ammon Ranch? Or is it the name of one housing section? This will be a nice addition!!

I hope someone can tell us more.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:27 PM

146 posts, read 116,902 times
I haven't seen any activity at the Sunnyside/Ammon location mentioned.
I sure hope that any plans for growth there include a traffic signal for the Sunnyside/Ammon intersection.
I don't think there are three people in all of Ammon that know how a four-way stop intersection works, and it is extremely frustrating to try to navigate through the bozos that use that route.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:26 PM

Default Widening 17th and Hitt...

I'm puzzled about something and hope one or many here can answer. I believe it is a good that an agreement was reached about the expansion. I don't understand how Ammon pays $1,000,000 and Idaho Falls pays the rest, $1.5+ million. The city of Idaho Falls engineering department spent ~ $400,000 designing the expansion. Ammon paid none.

For those going eastbound isn't Everything after the stoplight in Ammon? How come I.F. residents should pay for Ammon's business and residential access?

Old 09-29-2016, 07:16 AM

4,762 posts, read 16,586,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I'm puzzled about something and hope one or many here can answer. I believe it is a good that an agreement was reached about the expansion. I don't understand how Ammon pays $1,000,000 and Idaho Falls pays the rest, $1.5+ million. The city of Idaho Falls engineering department spent ~ $400,000 designing the expansion. Ammon paid none.

For those going eastbound isn't Everything after the stoplight in Ammon? How come I.F. residents should pay for Ammon's business and residential access?
Everything east of the stoplight on 17? I'm east of town and not considered to be within any city limit. The answer would be no, but for what it is worth, I'm confused too

Old 09-29-2016, 01:28 PM

25,781 posts, read 17,234,214 times
It bugs me, too. My prejudices are going to be showing right now, but in my observation, Ammon has always had a way of crying po' boy when it comes to their city improvements, and always tries to get the county or Idaho Falls to cough up when they refuse to pay their fair share.

Sorry, if I just offended anyone.

To be fair, Ammon is acting more like a real city of its own now than in the past.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:29 PM

424 posts, read 311,027 times
Everything east of Hitt rd is Ammon or 8B minus a small potion north of 1st. Yeah its a bit lopsided in cost sharing but I think it's significantly more than the previous Ammon government body would have contributed.

Old 10-26-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Everything east of Hitt rd is Ammon or 8B minus a small potion north of 1st. Yeah its a bit lopsided in cost sharing but I think it's significantly more than the previous Ammon government body would have contributed.
Probably true.

Old 10-26-2016, 08:12 PM

Ammon is getting projects moving. The CAL store has walls high enough to see from Hitt. I suspect it's the Walmart gas station being built close to Panda Express, but I could be wrong.

The tire store, is it, looks to be starting on NE Hitt and 17th.

Construction equipment, like a construction trailer and initial equipment are being set up behind the piano store on 17th. I believe that will be the new Deseret Industries location. It does not occupy all the property east to KMART etc. Land is for sell between the soon-to-be construction site and KMART.

It appears to me one or two more pads in Sandcreek Commons have been sold. Specifically, the pad south of Kneaders and Cabella's appears to have been bought end. IDK anything about any owners or businesses.

Chime in if you know more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls