Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2015, 09:12 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,261,142 times

Advertisements

If you've not walked it lately, you might want to get some walking in. Yesterday my friend and I took our two dogs for a walk, starting point was just south of Mackenzie River pizza and up the west side of the river to John's Hole (boat docks)( and back the same route. They've come quite a ways on beautification since the last time I went on the greenbelt which is easily more than three years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 11:32 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,251,219 times
Nice to here of improvements on the greenbelt.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:10 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,430,606 times
The I.F. Rotary Club deserves the thanks. Along with the duckies, they have raised the money so there is now 7.5 miles of greenbelt for everyone to enjoy.

But it doesn't stop there. The City of Idaho Falls posted an Advertisement for a Bid this week. Last year, the Smith Families who own Smith Chevrolet and Honda, Ball Ventures, and the Rotary Club teamed together to donate awesome Riverfront land to the city for a new park on the greenbelt, approximately at W. Sunnyside. It will be known as Heritage Park.

More about Heritage Park: Developer make donation for new Idaho Falls park | News - Home

The Parks and Recreation locations in Idaho Falls: City of Idaho Falls - Park Info List

Try a new Park or Activity this summer.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:15 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,430,606 times
The link to adopt a Duck for further greenbelt development: Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race - Idaho Falls Rotary Club

Old 06-04-2015, 04:30 PM

434 posts, read 416,607 times
Ive been pretty impressed by the work they've done north of pancheri. Another place that has undergone improvements is at that Japanese garden park by key bank. If you haven't been in years I recommend going now. It was pretty nice before, but they put decking over top of the old fish hatchery. There are mini streams, walking paths and new lights. Its nice.
I was messing around on line & saw plans to extend the green belt on the east side of the river from pancheri to Sunnyside. I dont know how far out that project is but its a good size extension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls