Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:47 AM

44 posts, read 163,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Mapper,

Just so those who don't live in the area, and even those of us who do, or have businesses in the area etc., can you give us some rough geographical borders?

Such as streets, roads, away from the river, by the river, away from the south end of I-15 etc.?

I've been asked this question soooooooooo many times and I fankly do not know the best answer.

Also, do you realistically see Comcast entering the eastern ID market?

Thanks.

MSR
It's hard to say exactly where the lines are. If you stay within the city limits you most likely will be able to get the high speed lines. It's when you start getting in to the areas outside city limits that you can't get the high speed. I know that Qwest can let you know if an address is capable of high speed lines. On the East side of IF, at 55th East (5.5 miles from city center) I know the lines can not run high speed, but at 45th east the lines can.

I don't really see Comcast anytime soon, but then again I'm not a fortune teller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,520,371 times
I am just SO disappointed with Qwest. Our connection has been fairly consistent, but the customer service is DEPLORABLE, honestly, I believe they would have higher satisfaction if they just did not offer online chat support, since every time I have attempted to resolve an issue with them it ends with me more ticked off than before. And since I dumped my landline, I can't log on to my account as me, because I already have an account as me. Go figure. But anyone can log on to see a particular phone bills status ie active or not and billing status. So much for unlisted. I was out of town recently and did not have wireless at friends, so contacted Qwest to explain I was a Qwest subscriber, was staying out of town with another Qwest subscriber, could I please have a dial up number. Nope. Because I ditched my land line, I am no longer entitled to use dial up when travelling. Of course that information was omitted when I switched. PLEASE someone tell me you love Microserv???

Old 12-09-2010, 05:12 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Sorry, can't tell you that I love Microserv. Had it at the house, glad I no longer have it. Have it at work and wish we didn't

Cablone has always worked great for me

Old 12-10-2010, 06:49 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
I am just SO disappointed with Qwest. Our connection has been fairly consistent, but the customer service is DEPLORABLE, honestly, I believe they would have higher satisfaction if they just did not offer online chat support, since every time I have attempted to resolve an issue with them it ends with me more ticked off than before. And since I dumped my landline, I can't log on to my account as me, because I already have an account as me. Go figure. But anyone can log on to see a particular phone bills status ie active or not and billing status. So much for unlisted. I was out of town recently and did not have wireless at friends, so contacted Qwest to explain I was a Qwest subscriber, was staying out of town with another Qwest subscriber, could I please have a dial up number. Nope. Because I ditched my land line, I am no longer entitled to use dial up when travelling. Of course that information was omitted when I switched. PLEASE someone tell me you love Microserv???

Interesting, norcalmom101. I've done ok with Qwest (really well actually), but kept another phone line still connected for faxes etc. Good to know you can't get support without a landline. Is that for all accounts, do you know?

Hope all is well otherwise.

MSR

Old 08-04-2012, 04:15 PM

15 posts, read 112,506 times
Any changes in the last few years as far as internet providers?

Any preferences? I'm thinking of either CableOne (which I know to be pretty reliable, although it's too expensive) and CenturyLink. I haven't heard great things about Microserv's reliability, so I'm not really considering them.

Thoughts?

Old 08-05-2012, 06:45 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timj17 View Post
Any changes in the last few years as far as internet providers?

Any preferences? I'm thinking of either CableOne (which I know to be pretty reliable, although it's too expensive) and CenturyLink. I haven't heard great things about Microserv's reliability, so I'm not really considering them.

Thoughts?
In the past few months we made the switch from Cable One to Big Dog, we use Dish for TV and Big Dog's Internet connection. No complaints and saving money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls