U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 02:12 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,938,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
I'm looking at flights between here and Central CA in May, and it ain't pretty. Pocatello offers it for less, SLC even less which might be what hinders my decision....
Cleosmom, You didn't ask for any advice. I know you get things done Nonetheless, I want to make a suggestion. I'm assuming there is no Allegiance option, correct? IDA is trying to get year-round probably to L.A. but somewhere in CA. I'd ask you to send the airport director an email stating you've flown on Allegiance before and you would use a winter (year round flight) from IDA. But given the costs, you'll have to fly from ( your choices). In learning some things in depth about I.F. they want numbers to present the aIrvine and any FAA or othe granting sources. A lot from BYU-Idaho want year round CA. Add your name to the list.

I understand flying from the cheapest point. I suspect that is why the survey went to businesses, as time is $ especially if more than one employee is flying. Prices tend to come down with utilization.

It's odd. I have a family member who flew to DC this week. IDA was CHEAPER than any airport to leave and return from. Perhaps it was leaving on a Sunday, IDK, but I think her return ticket is open awaiting the birth of a baby However, I do know at least 50-75% of the time that route to DC is cheaper from IDA. Coincidence? I doubt it. I think there is a fair amount of travel between D.C. and IDA due to INL.

Free advice is worth the cost

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 10-22-2015 at 02:21 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 12:37 PM

4,754 posts, read 16,562,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Cleosmom, You didn't ask for any advice. I know you get things done Nonetheless, I want to make a suggestion. I'm assuming there is no Allegiance option, correct? IDA is trying to get year-round probably to L.A. but somewhere in CA. I'd ask you to send the airport director an email stating you've flown on Allegiance before and you would use a winter (year round flight) from IDA. But given the costs, you'll have to fly from ( your choices). In learning some things in depth about I.F. they want numbers to present the aIrvine and any FAA or othe granting sources. A lot from BYU-Idaho want year round CA. Add your name to the list.

I understand flying from the cheapest point. I suspect that is why the survey went to businesses, as time is $ especially if more than one employee is flying. Prices tend to come down with utilization.

It's odd. I have a family member who flew to DC this week. IDA was CHEAPER than any airport to leave and return from. Perhaps it was leaving on a Sunday, IDK, but I think her return ticket is open awaiting the birth of a baby However, I do know at least 50-75% of the time that route to DC is cheaper from IDA. Coincidence? I doubt it. I think there is a fair amount of travel between D.C. and IDA due to INL.

Free advice is worth the cost
Allegiant is not an option, that airline is in severe trouble and although flying is a risk, if one can lessen the risk, all the better.

While realizing that prices do indeed come down with utilization, that's not in the foreseeable future as the IF airport has contracts with DOE and INL companies so they are a shoe in, leaving the rest of us as "the little people".

Old 10-23-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Allegiant is not an option, that airline is in severe trouble and although flying is a risk, if one can lessen the risk, all the better.

While realizing that prices do indeed come down with utilization, that's not in the foreseeable future as the IF airport has contracts with DOE and INL companies so they are a shoe in, leaving the rest of us as "the little people".
Contracts with the airport or airlines? They still need the feedback. Frontier has just ordered ~ 20 new planes. Currently, Frontier flies over all of ID. I'd like to see them or Southwest come in to replace Allegiant. Frontier flies a lot of flights to Vegas. With college students needing the flights too, and BYU-I has ~ 1,500 more students compared to last year ( and ISU is down about 700) we have to have a discount airline. They, like all of us, are the little guys.

Frontier's brief existence in I.F. can't be seen as a negative. A new CEO took over in less than six months. The four cities added six months earlier, along with others, we're what he cut immediately. To be ordering 20 new Airbuses from France, this CEO has figured out something. Potential airlines need numbers.

At one time United flew one flight daily to SFO. Who knows, maybe they will add a CA location again.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Contracts with the airport or airlines? They still need the feedback. Frontier has just ordered ~ 20 new planes. Currently, Frontier flies over all of ID. I'd like to see them or Southwest come in to replace Allegiant. Frontier flies a lot of flights to Vegas. With college students needing the flights too, and BYU-I has ~ 1,500 more students compared to last year ( and ISU is down about 700) we have to have a discount airline. They, like all of us, are the little guys.

Frontier's brief existence in I.F. can't be seen as a negative. A new CEO took over in less than six months. The four cities added six months earlier, along with others, we're what he cut immediately. To be ordering 20 new Airbuses from France, this CEO has figured out something. Potential airlines need numbers.

At one time United flew one flight daily to SFO. Who knows, maybe they will add a CA location again.
Referencing your question, not certain if the contracts are with the airline (s) or the airport, but I do know they exist.

I flew on United to SFO for a funeral a few years back. Nice airline, nice price. A tad out of the way for destination, but gave friends and I a chance to catch up on the drive to the valley.

Frontier flies in Idaho? Guessing Boise?

Old 11-20-2015, 07:07 AM

423 posts, read 309,102 times
Default Bonneville county roads

I just found out that bonneville county raised the cost of vehicle registration by 25 dollars. They call it road improvement tax. I am glad and hoping they get to work. Roads everywhere in unincorporated bonneville county are in dior need of improvement. One of the first things should be a traffic signal at Hitt & Lincoln. That roundabout worked well at first but theres far too much traffic anymore. The intersection is backed up a lot around 5 pm.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
I just found out that bonneville county raised the cost of vehicle registration by 25 dollars. They call it road improvement tax. I am glad and hoping they get to work. Roads everywhere in unincorporated bonneville county are in dior need of improvement. One of the first things should be a traffic signal at Hitt & Lincoln. That roundabout worked well at first but theres far too much traffic anymore. The intersection is backed up a lot around 5 pm.
Sorry to say, that roundabout has rarely worked well. From the beginning very few knew or cared to learn how to use it. Driving instructors do not teach it correctly, so another generation of those confused have arrived.

If folks would use it in the manner of which it is designed, then rarely would one see it backed up.

Having said that, yes the county roads are in dire need

Old 11-22-2015, 11:38 PM

Default An Easier and Possibly Cheaper Flight to Toronto.

A news release recently announced daily service, by Air Canada, between Toronto and Salt Lake City. Some may not think that information is important to us, but I know at least one Idaho Falls based company who has senior management members fly between IDA and YYZ. There are probably three or more companies that do. It might be with more regional flights more goods made in Bonneville County go north.

Air Canada Unveils Major Expansion to 12 U.S. Destinations - Nov 19, 2015

Trivia, YYG is also an award-nominated (and I think award-winning) instrumental song by the Canadian power trio, RUSH. I think I about caused Mike to have a coronary one day when I told him how much I liked RUSH. I don't like everything, but more than most.

Back to YYZ, many Rush fans are drawn to RUSH given the intelligent, meaningful lyrics of Neil Peart. Since YYZ is an instrumental, just know Peart drummed the Morse Code perfectly in the song.

I think the more international flights we get regionally the better for all of us.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
A news release recently announced daily service, by Air Canada, between Toronto and Salt Lake City. Some may not think that information is important to us, but I know at least one Idaho Falls based company who has senior management members fly between IDA and YYZ. There are probably three or more companies that do. It might be with more regional flights more goods made in Bonneville County go north.

Air Canada Unveils Major Expansion to 12 U.S. Destinations - Nov 19, 2015

Trivia, YYG is also an award-nominated (and I think award-winning) instrumental song by the Canadian power trio, RUSH. I think I about caused Mike to have a coronary one day when I told him how much I liked RUSH. I don't like everything, but more than most.

Back to YYZ, many Rush fans are drawn to RUSH given the intelligent, meaningful lyrics of Neil Peart. Since YYZ is an instrumental, just know Peart drummed the Morse Code perfectly in the song.

I think the more international flights we get regionally the better for all of us.
But I don't want to fly to Toronto, I want a cheaper flight to California

I guess that can help some out that might have business or family there!

Old 11-24-2015, 11:06 PM

Default BMPO Meeting 12/09/2015

BMPO is holding an open meeting on 12/09/2015 at night, to discuss transportation plans for the Bonneville Metro area. I can't attend. I have something that day which I've waited more than a year to do. Consequently, I can't attend. Who here can or is interested in attending? I suspect the *Inner Loop* of the Belt Route will be discussed.

Here's the general link: BMPO | Bonneville Metropolitan Planning Organization

Old 12-23-2015, 11:30 PM

Quote:
BMPO is holding an open meeting on 12/09/2015 at night, to discuss transportation plans for the Bonneville Metro area. I can't attend. I have something that day which I've waited more than a year to do. Consequently, I can't attend. Who here can or is interested in attending? I suspect the *Inner Loop* of the Belt Route will be discussed.

Here's the general link: BMPO | Bonneville Metropolitan Planning Organization
Anyone? This was an important meeting. They are looking at two more I-15 exists, plus the inner belt loop and other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls