U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 03:18 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,989,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Its evident that once upon a time ammon did ammon rd from 17th to sunnyside, and possibly 17th as well? Anyone here recall? Or was that state & federal as well?

Anyone know any ball park figures on timing of old butte raod? The connectivity would probably spur westside development, particularly provide a boost to the sunnyside/116 area.
I don't know. Ammon should have the records. The County snd/or state, I believe, built the roads beyond Idaho Falls. Like when Ross Ave. was "way out there." I can't recall an Ammon only project, but maybe some happened when I wasn't here.

Probably the expansion of 17th, beyond Hitt to five lanes at Ammon Road, it would make sense Ammon did that. But not the original 17th or any other street that I can recall. Part of my point was if it weren't for the State, 8B and I.F., there wouldn't have been any access to what is now Ammon.

Look at Iona now. That was what Ammon was. It was a big deal when they hit 5K iN population. I think 8B and/or the State built Ammon Road, Theotherdude, but would interested if you have different info. Who clears the roads? Isn't it County or has Ammon started to offer that to residents?

Roads have gotten renamed. Do you think Iona built and paid for Iona Road with 1,800 people? No. Maybe BanjoMike remembers.

I believe Old Butte is part of the BMPO discussion and a priority. I think some different federal funding might have been applied for and the outcome isn't known yet.

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-11-2016 at 04:15 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 05:35 PM

147 posts, read 117,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Just to clarify, I looked very briefly at the BMPO map. I think I've forgotten that the northern road for the inner belt (has a new name) is 4900 N. to Iona Road. Lincoln isn't involved except the intersection of Ammon and Lincoln. So whatever changes happen on Lincoln are to help move traffic more efficiently, but this will happen prior to the Iona Road becoming five lanes. There will be eventually a five lane Lincoln and a five lane Iona Road. I find that interesting as the two roads are next to each other, as far as roads go.

Besides the three of us, most people must be bored to tears reading this stuff.

Actually, I, for one, find all of this long-long-long range planning and the evolution of same to be pretty interesting. Almost every one of your posts sends me to google maps to figure out where the "belt" or bridge of discussion is located on the map.

I still haven't figured out where 4900 N. is though, and struggle to imagine Iona rd as a major thoroughfare.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:56 PM

386 posts, read 411,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
Actually, I, for one, find all of this long-long-long range planning and the evolution of same to be pretty interesting. Almost every one of your posts sends me to google maps to figure out where the "belt" or bridge of discussion is located on the map.

I still haven't figured out where 4900 N. is though, and struggle to imagine Iona rd as a major thoroughfare.
That'd be 49 north...basically the only grid road without too much development, would be the easiest and cheapest loop option.

Eventually all of the major grid roads in the county will be 5 lane roads as they are all major arteriels.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:27 AM

4,776 posts, read 16,625,417 times
Quote:
Just to clarify, I looked very briefly at the BMPO map. I think I've forgotten that the northern road for the inner belt (has a new name) is 4900 N. to Iona Road. Lincoln isn't involved except the intersection of Ammon and Lincoln. So whatever changes happen on Lincoln are to help move traffic more efficiently, but this will happen prior to the Iona Road becoming five lanes. There will be eventually a five lane Lincoln and a five lane Iona Road. I find that interesting as the two roads are next to each other, as far as roads go.

Besides the three of us, most people must be bored to tears reading this stuff.

Agree IFGuy, Ammon can apply for lots of grants and funding. I saw a partial list glancing at BMPO to check the north inner belt road. But it has to be Ammon, not 8B or I.F. I don't know if Ammon bonds that I.F. residents would share the taxes. I think the 8B commissioners may have stronger messages, or at least they get heard now, about who has responsibility for what. It is time for this BMPO update to start !
Actually, not bored. Interested yet rarely posting. I prefer to stay in the learning stage until time for me to chime in

Having said that, I'm mentally running up and down Lincoln Rd, where is this said bridge?

Iona five lanes? Too early IMO.

Widening First St east of Hitt Road? Totally plausible! If there's a new high school to be built that's only going to add to the congestion that is faced daily. I live in a subdivision east of Ammon Rd and see it constantly, the light at First & Ammon has helped (not that anyone can figure it's whacky process), but with even more homes being built it's going to be chaos. We've lived in this subdivision since 2002 and one of two homes we were considering was backed up to First Street. I didn't like that option for the fact of knowing that the road will someday be widened and didn't want to lose any real estate. Hind sight, it had the Berber carpet which would have made my life easier during puupyhood

Old 01-13-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Actually, not bored. Interested yet rarely posting. I prefer to stay in the learning stage until time for me to chime in

Having said that, I'm mentally running up and down Lincoln Rd, where is this said bridge?
About 800~1000ft. West of the Lincoln/Ammon Rd intersection, Just West of N 31st. E, if I am reading things correctly. It is currently the narrow point in that stretch of road.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:48 PM

4,776 posts, read 16,625,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
About 800~1000ft. West of the Lincoln/Ammon Rd intersection, Just West of N 31st. E, if I am reading things correctly. It is currently the narrow point in that stretch of road.
So near Lincoln High? That was the only one I could figure ....

Old 01-17-2016, 04:54 PM

I'm glad more are following the BMPO discussion as we start to address certain things. It's amazing how out-of-date and wrong about the population etc. the plan from five years ago.

The five lane Iiiona Road, while further down the road, needs that land protected for roads so developers or businesses don't build there. Five years ago a five lane Sunnyside and Lincoln Road didn't look necessary to some. What would we do without them in 2016? Not long ago, a planned development by Ucon, help me here IFGuy, planned for at least 1,000 new homes. It didn't get approved and I think Mike's brother helped with that. But the same developers are just building by neighborhoods now. If land isn't preserved, a house or ten will be built in the desired spots.

The BMPO is also helpful so each city and county knows how much they need to have for future road construction and by when.

I have a question for Ammon residents. Do you pay taxes just to Bonneville County and the County gives Ammon tax money? Or do you pay taxes directly to Ammon?

TIA for the info.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:09 PM

Default Water turned OFF Tomorrow for Residents on E. Lincoln Road Area

Water is being turned off tomorrow from 8:00 AM -5 PM for a segment of East Lincoln road. I hope the news shows a map tonight as residents need to store water for drinking, cooking, washing dishes and other household needs.

This is in preparation of the new Sandcreek Bridge.

Here are very rough boundaries of where water will be off: E. Lincoln Road, west of N. 31st East, 14th North, 26th North. Hitt Road including Trellis Square and Terrill Dr.

I hope those addresses help anyone in that area. Falls Water is doing this. I guess you can call them if questions. It's a holiday, but they are clearly working 8-5 on this.

Good luck to those without water. One day isn't too bad. More notice would be good.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:

I have a question for Ammon residents. Do you pay taxes just to Bonneville County and the County gives Ammon tax money? Or do you pay taxes directly to Ammon?

TIA for the info.
I live in Ammon, south of 49th and east of Ammon Rd., and our tax bill is from Boneville county, with them doling back whatever percentage the city of Ammon gets.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:48 PM

I admit this story and video go beyond the scope of BMPO. I have no clue how come an intersection in Pocatello is owned by the state. I also don't know how to address the Poky traffic problems.

However, this is worth posting as it talks about plans for Hitt and 17th. The story also addresses probably what will be BMPO's first priority with the state. I-15 and Highway 20. BMPO updated this last fall. If you think about it there are so many exits and entrances to 20 within 1-2 miles. Anderson, Riverside, Lindsay Blvd. then I-15 and if one hasn't exited your are in Skyline, which is where you need to go for the airport.

The multiple entrances especially the Riverside and Lindsay Blvd ones are dangerous with this volume of traffic. I wrote much earlier that BMPO was looking at two additional I-15 exists. That is correct as it is illegal to have traffic backed up on an Interstate. One of their best options currently, unless IDOT wants to build an entrance or two that are above the current roads. I don't know that anyone wants those complicated designs or to look like L.A. etc. but we'll see what they can do.

IFGuy, I was wrong about one thing, as it is also something that got updated in Oct. 2015. They can't place an exit at 3300 North as the west would be at the airport runway. So they would have to move it north. But that is probably the safest and least expensive to get more traffic to exit there and try to decrease traffic entering and exiting Lindsay Blvd. and Riverside Dr./ Science Center Dr. I would look for that exit to be a priority. Of course, I could be wrong.

What do you think?

Addressing the problems with high-traffic intersections | News - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls