U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2016, 12:32 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,937,126 times

Advertisements

A 12 % increase in airport traffic last year. Probably those bigger Airbuses SkyWest/Delta started flying last year account for some.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New City Council member Michelle Ziel-Dingman and Councilman David Smith are assigned to BMPO. What greet additions, IMO. Who wouldn't want a Forensic Accountant working on BMPO.

We all can give our suggestions to BMPO. What ideas do you have how to best address the congestion and problems on Highway 20 between E. Anderson and I-15? We have some creative folks here who have seen different designs. I'm looking forward to some great ideas
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 09:57 PM

382 posts, read 406,900 times
The Thorton Interchange construction has begun!!! Upon completion US20 will be a full limited access highway all the way into Sugar City.

I wonder...

Will US 20 ever extend as a divided highway through Ashton or is St Anthony going to be where that ends? I can't imagine the cost of making the highway divided up the hill and through Island Park but it would improve safety and the life of that portion of the highway, just saying. However, I hope the state turns its attention to the I15 to Lewisville portion, definitely the I15 interchange!

Old 03-22-2016, 07:36 PM

382 posts, read 406,900 times
I know this would probably never happen but after coming back from Boise yesterday via US 20, I thought to myself how much faster it would be if they could turn the highway into a 4 Lane divided highway. Not only could you get to Boise faster but you could also make the road safer and Craters of the Moon would be accessed quicker as well as Sun Valley and the INL.

I'm sure it would cost a fortune but the hardest part would be near Craters and the mountains outside of Mountain Home.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

Old 03-23-2016, 09:20 AM

4,754 posts, read 16,561,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
I know this would probably never happen but after coming back from Boise yesterday via US 20, I thought to myself how much faster it would be if they could turn the highway into a 4 Lane divided highway. Not only could you get to Boise faster but you could also make the road safer and Craters of the Moon would be accessed quicker as well as Sun Valley and the INL.

I'm sure it would cost a fortune but the hardest part would be near Craters and the mountains outside of Mountain Home.

What's everyone else's thoughts?
I could actually see that, albeit in segments, as you stated it would be tricky near Craters of The Moon and Mountain Home. Other states do that, not only with US highways, but also state highways.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:10 PM

Part of Highway 20 will be closed tomorrow. From Grandview in Skyline to some area west of the river.

Use a different route if possible.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
The Thorton Interchange construction has begun!!! Upon completion US20 will be a full limited access highway all the way into Sugar City.

I wonder...

Will US 20 ever extend as a divided highway through Ashton or is St Anthony going to be where that ends? I can't imagine the cost of making the highway divided up the hill and through Island Park but it would improve safety and the life of that portion of the highway, just saying. However, I hope the state turns its attention to the I15 to Lewisville portion, definitely the I15 interchange!
IDOT has to work on this first given the number of fatalities. But highway 20 from Anderson to at least I-15 can't be too far down the list as that segment is the # 2 crash site in Idaho Falls. Fortunately, there hasn't been the loss of life. But help is needed in that 1.0 to 1.5 miles. A flyover, if I wrote the term correctly, or two (one in each direction) could be an interesting way to make it safer. My gut tells me they've had to go back to the drawing board on this. Traffic counts far exceed 8B's population of 110K. There is so much tourism I'd think of those I-15 exits and main roads dealing with a 500K population.

I'd personally still like to see the 4900 N. Exit, when built, extend all the way to highway 20. That would ease congestion in so many intersections. I also don't know what is between 5th W. and highway 20 at 4900 South.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:23 AM

This probably doesn't fit here but I don't want to start a new thread for this. Nothing is solid on this, from what I heard. However, I wondered if anyone else has heard anything about this. It may simply a wish or something being explored for a different time.

Has anyone heard about Bonneville County getting a helicopter? I'm sure it would be for the Sheriff's office, given all the search and rescue and other they do. Please post if you have heard anything. Thanks

Old 04-13-2016, 03:00 PM

There is a public notice today that reads in part, " Road Construction on the Snake River Bridge, on 145th N." Later, "traffic delays will start on 4/18/2016 and continuing an undetermined amount of time."

Sounds to me work on the first of the two new exits in Idaho Falls will start on Monday We need this one done ASAP, IMO.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:19 PM

423 posts, read 308,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
There is a public notice today that reads in part, " Road Construction on the Snake River Bridge, on 145th N." Later, "traffic delays will start on 4/18/2016 and continuing an undetermined amount of time."

Sounds to me work on the first of the two new exits in Idaho Falls will start on Monday We need this one done ASAP, IMO.
I think there's already an exit at 145N. Osgood exit. was there notices for other areas in that part?

Old 04-13-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
I think there's already an exit at 145N. Osgood exit. was there notices for other areas in that part?
You are right Theotherdude. That is the Osgood exit also the County Line Road.

No, that is all it said, besides traffic delayed etc. which I skipped. So I wondered if they somehow either secured extra property or might widen the bridge? You often have better access to better notices. You may see more.

It's just an FYI that starts next week. It does strike me a little odd that no end date is even listed. Maybe more will follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls