Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 08:33 AM

2 posts, read 9,132 times

Advertisements

I am currently in Texas and I am considering a move to Idaho. I am looking at Idaho Falls or Twin Falls. I would like to be in a smaller city. I am looking for a good community to raise a family. I have four kids. I would like to know which of the two cities has a better community and friendly people. Where we currently live, we have no friends. I would like some input on the two cities I have listed and which one would be a better place to live. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 08:59 AM

385 posts, read 526,183 times
I live in Idaho Falls, but spend a lot of time in Twin Falls for business. Twin is a nice town, but 100% I'd live in Idaho Falls over Twin. Idaho Falls is a nice, thriving town. Still has a small town feel, but has all the amenities and conveniences of a much larger city. Housing is still quite affordable. You're extremely close to world-renowned outdoors activities. There's a good arts and cultural scene here. Idaho Falls is undergoing an exciting period of growth right now, but if you're turned off by growth and people, there are lots of much smaller communities (1,000 - 3,000 residents) within 20-30 miles of our city center that would still allow you to come to the "big city" whenever you need to shop or see a concert or go to a museum or have a nice sit-down meal. The people here have been more than welcoming since I moved here 3 years ago.

Don't have kids, so I'll defer to someone else when it comes to schools and family activities.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:08 AM

2 posts, read 9,132 times
Thanks for the input. I noticed that Idaho Falls has more of a house selection in my range. Another I noticed is the property taxes..wow. For something nice around here you are looking at property tax of 3000 minimum. I am looking for a small town feel with a friendly community.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:27 PM

434 posts, read 416,874 times
I too would live in idaho falls. I'm not all that familiar with the public schools in twin falls but I do know that I am very pleased with my children's education thus far. There are two school districts in the idaho falls area, 91 and 93. My children attend d93 and in the past have at 91. 91 was pretty good, and my kids have excelled in their current school. I also like it more than the schools they attended in Texas and New Mexico. I couldn't compare it to twin falls not knowing much about it though. There are 4 major high schools in the area and the two of them in d93 are overcrowded. This is only temporary while they build an additional high school that voters approved a couple weeks ago.

I suggest you visit both cities before you choose. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: