Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 08:29 PM

2 posts, read 3,987 times

Advertisements

LIVING WITH URANIUM - POCATELLO AREA, IDAHO

We here in the Gray Blackened Valley of Pocatello , Idaho do hereby, strongly suggest you take precautions when visiting the Gate City. There are many of us in this region of Idaho that do have an ethic and moral position regarding safety. Please refer to "Living With Uranium", Pocatello And Chubnobyl, ID and other publishing sites such as the Pocatello State Journal - US and affiliates to bring the Great Pocatello Uranium Clean-up to fruition.

Be advised that unsuspecting people and their families are often lured into communities by developers, Realtors, and Chamber of Commerce, and City Governments without telling. Remember, that it is their goal to attract and apply "Do Not Tell' even when they are in the know. Until this community of Pocatello reaches the actual Clean-up of it's own Ground Zero Uranium Materials source areas and Zones containing thousand and thousands of tons of uranium materials. Thank you, PINCOCc - Pocatello Independent Uranium Contamination Oversight Clean-up committee and the PSJ-US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 03:01 AM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times
Thank you for posting this. It's good to know these things. I won't look into moving there anymore.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:17 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
Would this include the Idaho Falls area too?
Is Rigby full of Radon?

Old 08-21-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Is Rigby full of Radon?
I have no idea, but I hope not. I was pretty shocked to run across this disturbing bit of info the same day I posted that.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
I have no idea, but I hope not. I was pretty shocked to run across this disturbing bit of info the same day I posted that.
Why is this area full of uranium? What's the history there in Pocatello?
I heard on this forum one of the prospective buyers for a nice big house in Rigby backed out after the inspection because the Radon levels were twice the acceptable levels.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Why is this area full of uranium? What's the history there in Pocatello?
I heard on this forum one of the prospective buyers for a nice big house in Rigby backed out after the inspection because the Radon levels were twice the acceptable levels.
Yikes! I did a search for Uranium in Pocatello Idaho, and that is where I found a link to this very short thread. So I replied to it so that it would get bumped up. I wanted to see what others might say about it.
Something about uranium being in the soil around the phosphate processing plants, or something. Here are the search results. You can do one on the places you are interested in. Good luck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=uran...hrome&ie=UTF-8

---------------------------------------------

Old 08-21-2019, 05:06 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,471,522 times
Mmmmm.. there is no such legal entity registered in Idaho as 'Pocatello State Journal'. This looks like an attempt to appear like an official journal.... pretending to be something like the Idaho State Journal, which is in Pocatello. No references or links to anything. Beware.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:18 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Is Rigby full of Radon?
Radon is common all over the west. The only way anyone knows if it's in their basement is to test for it.

Radon is a heavy gas, so it moves around in the earth constantly and forms pockets. Any disturbance of the earth is enough to disrupt a pocket; the gas then drifts until it forms another pocket somewhere else.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocatello State Journal View Post
LIVING WITH URANIUM - POCATELLO AREA, IDAHO

We here in the Gray Blackened Valley of Pocatello , Idaho do hereby, strongly suggest you take precautions when visiting the Gate City. There are many of us in this region of Idaho that do have an ethic and moral position regarding safety. Please refer to "Living With Uranium", Pocatello And Chubnobyl, ID and other publishing sites such as the Pocatello State Journal - US and affiliates to bring the Great Pocatello Uranium Clean-up to fruition.

Be advised that unsuspecting people and their families are often lured into communities by developers, Realtors, and Chamber of Commerce, and City Governments without telling. Remember, that it is their goal to attract and apply "Do Not Tell' even when they are in the know. Until this community of Pocatello reaches the actual Clean-up of it's own Ground Zero Uranium Materials source areas and Zones containing thousand and thousands of tons of uranium materials. Thank you, PINCOCc - Pocatello Independent Uranium Contamination Oversight Clean-up committee and the PSJ-US.

https://youtu.be/8gdRe7eoRdY

Old 08-22-2019, 08:05 AM

75 posts, read 87,362 times
Google "Idaho Lorax". I'm sure this article was authored by him. That youtube video linked above is definitely him. He's a local character around Pocatello that's been on about this stuff for years.

Yes, Idaho has Radon-222, which is a decay product of trace amounts of Uranium in the ground, but this is true, as Banjomike points out, across the western US. In fact, it's anywhere that there's granite and shale. There's nothing special or more dangerous about Pocatello in this regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls