Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2016, 11:37 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,235,480 times

Advertisements

I do not know what to make of this post. But I would get highly upset. I came across this story on-line.
If someone from across the country were making this report, about my home town?? Like the Blackfoot mayor said, (Quote). “They’re trying to compare it to an inner city, which is ridiculous. It’s a site I’d go to once, then never again,” said Blackfoot Mayor Paul Loomis. Obviously these guys have never been to Idaho,” said Loomis.
A sad sat of affairs when you go around bashing other towns, cities, with never setting foot in them???
Ranking was done by the website Road Snacks, which specializes in “infotainment.”

Blackfoot ranks as the fifth most ‘ghetto’ city in Idaho, according to website | Blackfoot Journal

Scott
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 02:25 AM

32,914 posts, read 12,210,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
I do not know what to make of this post. But I would get highly upset. I came across this story on-line.
If someone from across the country were making this report, about my home town?? Like the Blackfoot mayor said, (Quote). “They’re trying to compare it to an inner city, which is ridiculous. It’s a site I’d go to once, then never again,” said Blackfoot Mayor Paul Loomis. Obviously these guys have never been to Idaho,” said Loomis.
A sad sat of affairs when you go around bashing other towns, cities, with never setting foot in them???
Ranking was done by the website Road Snacks, which specializes in “infotainment.”

Blackfoot ranks as the fifth most ‘ghetto’ city in Idaho, according to website | Blackfoot Journal

Scott
is right. The thread title caught my eye. Many sharp adjectives come to mind to describe Idaho (many of them positive )....ghetto isn't one of them. I've never been to Boise, but I've been to Twin Falls, Lewiston, CDA, Sandpoint, and a number of other places in Idaho.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:37 AM

118 posts, read 93,001 times
The thing is...they are doing it for every state. Idaho was just next on the list. The real problem is the site is a complete waste of time made up by some idiot in North Carolina who has never been anywhere and is trying to make money by getting advertisers on his blog by pissing people off rather than earning his money. The more people write about his site, the more power the idiot has.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:26 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,216,939 times
Don't pay any attention to this guy or gal or robot. They have no idea what they are talking about. He noted that Moab UT was the most redneck, pointing out Potato Salad Hill for proof. He doesn't realize that if the locals go there it is only to watch the idiots from NC, SC, NY, OH, MI, etc, roll their vehicles, primarily during Easter Jeep week.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:38 AM

29,183 posts, read 22,206,470 times
Road Snacks is a mess and always has been.
Don't give them a click. That kind of nonsense is how they draw eyeballs and makes the money for them.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:18 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,589,721 times
The author saw a couple of "colored folk", got scared, freaked out, and said it was "ghetto".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls