U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 09:17 PM

8,440 posts, read 12,715,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
I chuckled

sounds like Joan's backing band needs some soap and a washcloth
He, he. I'm glad someone can laugh!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSportsNut View Post
I would enjoy helping, if you were referring to my family as "the family" moving to Poky. I'll be in area around late April and will start a running thread of thoughts and experiences.
Yes, Mr.SportsNut,

It would be wonderful to have you post. There is technically another family headed to Poky as well, but I am not sure that family can add anything else in their lives.

Most of us can give general info, but really specific information about school curriculums, or neighborhoods that might have a bit more wind or a few other questions, we just don't know.

I'll look forward to your future posts, whatever this subforum is named

Old 04-07-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BannockCounty View Post
I will try to log in once a week or so to scour for Pocatello/Chubbuck queries that I might be able to field.
Bannock County, That would be a huge help. It's not always this busy for Poky, but I really don't like those who lived there 7-14 years ago trying to pass their information off as current.

I hope you and Mr.Sports Nut will feel free too start any discussions you'd like to have ongoing here as well. And I hope you get to post with f5. He's a plus for 1B, IMO.

Looking forward to your comments. We'll learn from reading what you write. BTW, I'm going to respond to your great comment about the ISU-Idaho Medical College post. It's sad to think over 1,000 newly graduated M.D.s and D.O.s can't get U.S. residencies each year. I think the average debt is about $250K/ student. But it's not exactly like folks from NID or the Treasure Valley are even reading the links or thread. Won't it be a plus for Idaho to graduate, if they can get their 3rd and 4th year clerkships, to graduate 150 physicians yearly to add to the 1,000+ who haven't matched? I doubt the Burrell Venture group will defer payments from students not in graduate medical education programs , AKA, residencies.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
Thanks. And that's why I often check the Boise subforum for Treasure Valley events, but that thread is rarely updated.
Check Bozeman, West Yellowstone and Jackson Hole too. If you haven't been to the Playmill yet in West Yellowstone, you have to put that on your list for this summer. Those plays are fun!!

Old 04-09-2016, 09:55 AM

5,265 posts, read 17,448,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Cool! Won them from a radio broadcast, work competition or other?
Through The Arrow on FB

Old 04-18-2016, 09:55 AM

Steely Dan/Steve Winwood at Usana. They go to CA after SLC.

Also, F5, The Moody Blues are in concert in Vegas for four performances in Oct. Then they go to IA and head east. I've seen them at Deer Valley twice and once or twice indoors. Check their website. Justin H. is doing an independent tour too. I didn't look at his tour dates.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:01 AM

3,261 posts, read 6,338,595 times
Tears for Fears and Cindi Lauper were recently announced to perform this summer at Outlaw Field in
Boise.

Outlaw Field announces another

Don't forget Sun Valley's summer concert line up:

Sun Valley announces summer concert schedule | Idaho Statesman

Edit...It might make sense to have a catch all Idaho thread for performances this year. Keep your $$ in state.

Last edited by Syringaloid; 04-26-2016 at 09:09 AM..

Old 04-27-2016, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Tears for Fears and Cindi Lauper were recently announced to perform this summer at Outlaw Field in
Boise.

Outlaw Field announces another

Don't forget Sun Valley's summer concert line up:

Sun Valley announces summer concert schedule | Idaho Statesman

Edit...It might make sense to have a catch all Idaho thread for performances this year. Keep your $$ in state.
Good to know. Thanks for adding, Syringaloid

MSR

Old 04-27-2016, 12:59 AM

Or, tmp4 and others, go where YOU want to see and hear the concerts. Here is the link for BigSky. Some different genres and names.

Summer Concert Series - Big Sky Brewing

And check out the Playmill Theater. That's a must do!!!

Old 05-01-2016, 12:36 AM

This is kind of fun to check out the setlist for a band you may want to see. It will show you what they played at each location, which album (or if it was a cover) it came from and in how many tours each song Hass been played.

I've got it set for Boston. Who doesn't want to see 6'6" Tom Scholz in person? Everyone should have the opportunity to hear an MIT grad live, right?

He uses analogue sound which he runs through his Rockman amplifiers so no strings or synthetic are used making all the great Boston sound. He laid down every track to the first album himself, except the drums and vocals. It took him six years.

Have some fun checking out various artists and bands of what they did on their tours.

Boston Concert Setlists | setlist.fm

P.S. Dan Q. - - You'll appreciate this. It's my fantasy to see Tom Scholz play with the Professor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls