Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 12:21 PM

14 posts, read 43,574 times

Advertisements

Firstly, thanks so much for all the responses I got to my last post
//www.city-data.com/forum/idaho...blackfoot.html

We've been house-hunting and deliberating this whole time and have finally got a house here in Idaho Falls! We get the keys today!!

Now that we're on the way to being properly settled I do have some questions because I'm finding it hard to get answers online and as yet don't really know anyone in town. Would really appreciate your recommendations on the below

1) Internet Service Providers? I'm reading horrible reviews on Century Link, Cable One and the smaller companies.

2) Cell phone services? I want to switch from Verizon to something cheaper but I'm afraid that I won't be getting reception that's as good. I'd be fine with a non-smart phone.

3) A good, reasonably-priced vet?

4) A good GP and Pediatrician (we are leaning to the pediatric center but wondered if anyone had any particular thoughts)?

5) And for that matter any recommendations on Obgyns? (for my future reference) I'd like one that's pro-natural birth and would do a vbac, I know not the easiest thing to find anywhere.

I've been reading this forum from time to time and I want to thank you again for al the input and advice you've all shared. Now that we're really here I look forward to contributing my own thoughts as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 01:45 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Default Let's Split Up Your Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidiH View Post
Firstly, thanks so much for all the responses I got to my last post
//www.city-data.com/forum/idaho...blackfoot.html

We've been house-hunting and deliberating this whole time and have finally got a house here in Idaho Falls! We get the keys today!!

Now that we're on the way to being properly settled I do have some questions because I'm finding it hard to get answers online and as yet don't really know anyone in town. Would really appreciate your recommendations on the below

1) Internet Service Providers? I'm reading horrible reviews on Century Link, Cable One and the smaller companies.

2) Cell phone services? I want to switch from Verizon to something cheaper but I'm afraid that I won't be getting reception that's as good. I'd be fine with a non-smart phone.

3) A good, reasonably-priced vet?

4) A good GP and Pediatrician (we are leaning to the pediatric center but wondered if anyone had any particular thoughts)?

5) And for that matter any recommendations on Obgyns? (for my future reference) I'd like one that's pro-natural birth and would do a vbac, I know not the easiest thing to find anywhere.

I've been reading this forum from time to time and I want to thank you again for al the input and advice you've all shared. Now that we're really here I look forward to contributing my own thoughts as well.

Hi Didi,

I'm glad you got your house keys today. Congrats.

As for your questions, ask Cleosmom about a Vet. I think I know her recommendation but ask her and Banjomike.

Cellphones, well that kind of depends on where you live and your anticipated need. Verizon and A T and T are good. I had zero problems with AT&T and my iPhone when that contract was in place. Did you read the cell phone thread?

I'll be happy to answer questions about OB/GYNs, Pediatrician's and F. P.s. Just send me a PM and ages of kids plus any chronic problems and/or meds. The same for an OB and FP. I won't post openly about individual physicians.

Others are much better help about ISPs etc.

Welcome to Idaho Falls and I hope when you get your ISP and moved in, we'll see .ore of you here.
I hope your husband is happy in his job and your family is happy in Idaho Falls

MSR

Old 12-17-2013, 07:22 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
DidiH,

I will message you later regarding vet clinics

Old 12-17-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
DidiH,

I will message you later regarding vet clinics
DidiH, I sent you a Direct Message

Old 12-22-2013, 09:47 PM

Hi Didi,

Got your PMs - thanks for sending the details. I'll get them answered in the next 24 - 36 hrs.

MSR

Old 12-23-2013, 11:47 AM

14 posts, read 43,574 times
Thanks MSR and cleosmom for the DM's! Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-23-2013, 03:34 PM

Default You Have a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidiH View Post
Thanks MSR and cleosmom for the DM's! Merry Christmas everyone!
Didi,

Check your PMs.

I hope you and your family enjoy Christmas in your new home

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

MSR

Old 12-23-2013, 11:46 PM

Well Didi, it appears the pediatrician's I mentioned will be adding another, probably in the summer. It could be one of the most Sr. Members is retiring or only going to work 1/2 time. There absolutely is the need. I'll have to research him further to know more. But I'm 100% comfortable with what I told you earlier.

MSR

Old 12-24-2013, 07:25 AM

Sounds like we are getting her two legged and four legged "kids" taken care of

DidiH, hope you and your family enjoy your first IF Christmas!!

Old 08-21-2014, 02:20 PM

10 posts, read 12,612 times
I am also interested in learning about veterinarian recommendations, as well as high speed internet service. I think I read those same reviews on CableOne as the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls