Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:31 AM

24 posts, read 24,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post

Let us know how you are doing overall. BTW, make sure to take your kids to ARitorium on Broadway. There is no other art facility like it in the U.S. Ask me why I thought of that now? Heck if I know! Plus check the Roaring Youth Jam and Ducky float in Aug. That day is a blast to be on the river. Here's a link to both: Colonial Theater, Willard Arts Center, ARTitorium on Broadway | Idaho Falls Arts Council . There are a lot of good things to check out.

Glad you got safely home from Walmart. Idaho drivers, in general, are good to deal with at four way stops etc. That probably still felt better than the CA traffic.

I hope you and your husband are settling in. Moving is a big effort! I had a family member sell a home after 9 days on the market. Moving is tough for most. I hope this one has been good for your family.

We are absolutely LOVING it here! Everyone is so welcoming and friendly! BIG BIG change for us. Believe it or not, we are still working on getting settled; about 90% done at this point but I won't deny that there's still a few boxes sitting there. LOL! Although I am proud to say, we were able to get our license plates for our vehicles yesterday so hopefully that'll help alleviate being cut off!

Yeah, power outages were the norm in California, especially in the summer. But believe it or not, they always happened when I was home so I never had to try and GET home during one.

We will DEFINITELY check out the Artitorium, my sons have been dying to go see the "Rebels with a cause" exhibit at the Museum Of Idaho. We have been busy!--Greenbelt (riverwalk, lol) twice, Yellowstone twice, Grand Tetons, Rexburg Rapids, several parks and the kids have been getting set up with extracurricular activities... Gotta remind myself we're in this for the long haul so it's okay to slow our pace; we're just literally so happy to be here

Thank you for checking up on us, I really do appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 09:43 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastOnCastOff View Post
We are absolutely LOVING it here! Everyone is so welcoming and friendly! BIG BIG change for us. Believe it or not, we are still working on getting settled; about 90% done at this point but I won't deny that there's still a few boxes sitting there. LOL! Although I am proud to say, we were able to get our license plates for our vehicles yesterday so hopefully that'll help alleviate being cut off!

Yeah, power outages were the norm in California, especially in the summer. But believe it or not, they always happened when I was home so I never had to try and GET home during one.

We will DEFINITELY check out the Artitorium, my sons have been dying to go see the "Rebels with a cause" exhibit at the Museum Of Idaho. We have been busy!--Greenbelt (riverwalk, lol) twice, Yellowstone twice, Grand Tetons, Rexburg Rapids, several parks and the kids have been getting set up with extracurricular activities... Gotta remind myself we're in this for the long haul so it's okay to slow our pace; we're just literally so happy to be here

Don't forget the TV Museum in Rigby,

Old 07-22-2016, 12:10 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastOnCastOff View Post

That is what happens in Eastern Idaho. People check in to see how others are doing. It's a value here.

Yes, slow down Those boxes will still be there next week or in two weeks.

I should have thought of this before but there is a lot of different things my brain is contemplating currently.

Since you Home School, be sure to save at least one trip to YNP until after Labor Day. Last year shattered visitors to the Parks (Teton too). This year is already 10 - 15% higher than last year. YNP is very different after Labor Day and the masses of people. There will be older couples, retired and some college age students; however, your kids will get to go much closer to see various wildlife, see fall changes and see Old Faithful or other Geysers closer than they probably have to date. A light jacket might be required on the day.

I keep trying to remember various events your family may enjoy. I hope you've gotten to hear some music by the river. In Aug., I think there are a series of concerts on Thursday nights. You can contact Snake River about that. Plus if you want to see a rodeo, the War Bonnet Roundup will be in about two weeks. It's at Sandy Downs on S. 15th East and about 70 South. If your family likes horses or hopes to try lessons at some point, Sandy Downs is the beginning of major equine facilities. The large horse barns have lessons, see events etc.

Make sure you get some mom time too. I hope you are sleeping at nights now and waking up feeling like your entire family is much safer than So. CAL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls