Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 06:35 PM

44 posts, read 43,780 times

Advertisements

We are considering a move from north of Denver to Idaho in the next 2 years. I feel fortunate to have found such an active group that can pass along so much information about Idaho Falls - Area/Region.

We are headed out late this week to spend some time there, checking out employers, housing and the towns. Everyone has covered so much information so effectively about the area, I am really unsure what to ask.

We have two toddlers and family that will visit us hopefully staying with us for a couple of months at a time.

We are going to camp for our first visit with our travel trailer. Anyone have any recommendations for a campsite with some tree cover, electric, showers and possibly laundry?

And finally... anything we should not miss out on our visit to IF?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 08:32 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Z_Adventures View Post
We are considering a move from north of Denver to Idaho in the next 2 years. I feel fortunate to have found such an active group that can pass along so much information about Idaho Falls - Area/Region.

We are headed out late this week to spend some time there, checking out employers, housing and the towns. Everyone has covered so much information so effectively about the area, I am really unsure what to ask.

We have two toddlers and family that will visit us hopefully staying with us for a couple of months at a time.

We are going to camp for our first visit with our travel trailer. Anyone have any recommendations for a campsite with some tree cover, electric, showers and possibly laundry?

And finally... anything we should not miss out on our visit to IF?

Thanks!
We're glad to be of help! My best reply is to give you the link for the calendar Idaho Falls Magazine

For camping with the RV Heise Hot Springs - Heise Hot Springs RV & Camping - One of Southeast Idaho's best vacation spots. We have swimming, swim lessons, rv hookups and camping, golf, fishing, and great food. Heise is outside of Idaho Falls in Jefferson County as you said you're checking out IF and other towns maybe this will be a nice retreat? Heise to IF is 23 miles, to Rigby is 13.5 miles, Rexburg is 33 min (23.6 mi) via US-20 E.

There was once a KOA in IF just off of Lindsey BLVD, but I'm not certain if it's even still functioning. Maybe if anyone else knows they'll chime in.

Here's to a safe and enjoyable trip with your family!

Old 07-24-2016, 07:34 PM

168 posts, read 174,349 times
I believe this is what became of the KOA referenced above:
Snake River RV Park & Campground | Idaho Falls

If not, it is certainly worth looking into.

Welcome to the I.F. area. I hope that you enjoy your visit and will find a suitable location here. We can use more outside influence, especially from more progressive areas such as the Denver vicinity.

Good luck!

Old 07-25-2016, 01:04 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
A2Z- You've gotten some excellent resources above. I'd check about availability as soon as you can. We're having another record setting year for tourists visiting YNP, Teton NP, Jackson etc. Being from north of Denver you may not be as excited about Jackson as some.

With Toddlers I doubt they would like a lot of attractions, but maybe the Museum of Idaho.

www.museuofidaho.org

One which is hard to get to this year, due to road construction, but very popular is Bear World south of Rexburg.www.yellowstonebearworld.com

I'd think our small zoo and some of the playgrounds at Tautphaus might create a happier child for a while.
City of Idaho Falls - Idaho Falls Zoo at Tautphaus Park

I don't know if they are too young for the War Bonnet Roundup, probably. Rodeos aren't that different from Denver..

A couple of other things that are fun for little ones is lunch or at least ice cream at Reed's Diary.

Reed's Dairy

It's hard to know without knowing the ages of your kids. Day trips to take picnics: Swan Valley and get a square ice cream cone. Mesa Falls above Rexburg but before Yellowstone.

Always check the Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings. Also, this is an active arts community. I'm not sure if you'll be around for the Roaring Youth Jam or not. They have things even for toddlers www.idahofallsartscouncil.org These all should be listed in what Cleosmom gave you. Also check Idaho Falls Magazine on Facebook. Sometimes late additions are added there.

------------------------------

If you can give us some general idea of what kind of work you are looking for we might have some tips of companies to contact or other.

Have fun during your trip. Let us know if you have other questions

MSR

Old 07-25-2016, 09:40 PM

44 posts, read 43,780 times
Thanks everyone for the information and kind replies!

We found a spot up at Jefferson lake... not sure if they have a shower though.

We are in healthcare, so are focused possibly on the local hospital. A chat with someone there would be awesome to have an idea of what the environment is like would be fantastic, but alas, HR has not called me back.

Looks like the ice cream place and Farmers market are on the list so far. Probably lots of wandering the area to scope out neighborhoods. Love Jackson, YNP, and East Tetons, but are looking forward to checking out other spots this venture.

Our guys "Danger" and "Mayhem" are 15 months. My original goal was to name our boy with the middle name of "Danger". I mean, what kid would not get instant respect with that middle name? Girls would swoon... Teachers would shake heads with mis-belief... Then, we were told we were having twins... how do you find another cool middle name like Danger? Mayhem, got assigned by her co-workers, but we could not bring ourselves to use it on paper. Alas... it is kinda their secret nick name now. With this in mind, going to dive into things where they can run when they need to. At this age, they want to explore.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Z_Adventures View Post
Thanks everyone for the information and kind replies!

We found a spot up at Jefferson lake... not sure if they have a shower though.

We are in healthcare, so are focused possibly on the local hospital. A chat with someone there would be awesome to have an idea of what the environment is like would be fantastic, but alas, HR has not called me back.

Looks like the ice cream place and Farmers market are on the list so far. Probably lots of wandering the area to scope out neighborhoods. Love Jackson, YNP, and East Tetons, but are looking forward to checking out other spots this venture.

Our guys "Danger" and "Mayhem" are 15 months. My original goal was to name our boy with the middle name of "Danger". I mean, what kid would not get instant respect with that middle name? Girls would swoon... Teachers would shake heads with mis-belief... Then, we were told we were having twins... how do you find another cool middle name like Danger? Mayhem, got assigned by her co-workers, but we could not bring ourselves to use it on paper. Alas... it is kinda their secret nick name now. With this in mind, going to dive into things where they can run when they need to. At this age, they want to explore.
A-Z,

Pretty funny story about "Danger" and "Mayheim."

I'll be happy to answer what questions I can about local Healthcare privately. Send me a Private Message and ask away. My gut told me you were in Healthcare. I pay attention to my gut. I also never post those discussions openly.

I think your right about Jefferson Lake and showers.

MSR

Old 07-28-2016, 03:20 PM

The Splash Park in Ammon would probably be something "Danger" and "Mayhem" might enjoy. It's in Ammon in McCown Park. That's east on 17th street.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:16 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Hi, A2Z...
If you're going to be here next weekend, I think you would have a very good time at the Warbonnet Rodeo.
it's the oldest rodeo in the state, now celebrating its 105th year, and is always one of the best in the west, so all the top riders and bucking stock will be there.

It begins on Wed. 3 August and runs to Saturday, with a night of pre-rodeo events scheduled for downtown on Tuesday, the 2nd. The pre-rodeo events downtown are free, and have a lot of stuff for your kids.

My adult kids all live far away now, but they always want to know what happened at the War Bonnet. It's a great event for even little kids, who love the action. If you have never seen rodeo live, it's something not to be missed, and this one is as good as it gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls