U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2016, 05:50 PM

3 posts, read 4,096 times

Advertisements

My husband, 15 year old daughter and I are looking to move to Pocatello next Summer. I have read some threads here and find the posts about schools to be very positive! My daughter is a competitive swimmer, and it looks like there is a large swim team. Just wondering how she would fit in. We are Episcopalians, and very mellow about faiths. Legalized pot in Colorado has us sad about our community, and we are looking for a more wholesome environment. Thanks for any thoughts anyone has. This is a huge change for us!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 03:59 PM

34 posts, read 56,481 times
I talked to a Century High School parent today who was talking about how positive swim team is for her son. One of my mom friends is the mother of a few serious swimmers and I seem to recall hearing that there are 2 distinct clubs -- one more intense than the other). If Googling doesn't get you the facebook pages or websites for the 2 clubs, let me know and I'll try to help !

Old 09-08-2016, 08:36 PM

Thank you so much. We are looking to visit over spring break and will try to see if she can practice with the teams. It is a huge move for us, and we are just looking to get a feel for the area. Swimming is her love and hopefully will give her a way to meet other kids. I really appreciate hearing from folks there. We will visit Century High School also on spring break. Thanks again!

Old 09-08-2016, 11:14 PM

That's great that you will visit. I ran in to one of the moms at a meeting tonight and she clarified for me: All 3 high schools in Pocatello practice together at ISU's Reed Gym and go to meets as one team. As your visit date gets closer, reach out to me if you haven't linked up with some swimming-knowledgeable, welcome-wagon type folks -- I would be happy to give you numbers of some families who would welcome calls for you to pick their brains.

P.S. Just curious - what causes you to focus on Pocatello?

Old 09-22-2016, 06:57 PM

Thank you so much. I hadn't gotten much response, and had not checked back as much. Our oldest son lives in McCall, and we really enjoy Idaho when we visit him. I grew up on a ranch in Colorado, and this state is developing and changing to a much different culture. I feel much more at home in Idaho, and we liked the area around Pocatello. We also love Yellowstone and thought it was a bonus to live fairly close.My husband is an avid bird hunter, and fly fisherman which fits. Hitting 50'ish and thought it was time for an adventure!! We plan to visit on spring break 2017. Visit all three high schools and see if our daughter can practice with the swim team. Sure is nice to have a friendly soul, and I would love to touch base with you when we visit!!!!

Old 02-06-2017, 09:18 AM

Sorry so many months since last here- I lost track of my sign-in and procrastinated on digging it up. I wanted to circle back because I learned that all 3 high schools do practice about the same time,ADJACENT to each other at ISU's Reed Gym, but they are separate/distinct teams .

When is your daughter's Spring Break?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: