Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 04:52 PM

26 posts, read 27,356 times

Advertisements

We have the perspective of being future residents of IF. We are also from Cali and hate it here. We were exploring areas to retire in and one of our friends suggested Idaho Falls. We knew within a day of our first visit it would be our future home. We love the people and even have our little routine every time we visit. We purchased a property and are counting the days until we are permanent residents. sadly it's measured in years right now, but less than 3. We love to explore a different area each trip and love to get suggestions on where to go and what to see. We made a visit in February where it snowed on us a few times and we drove home in pretty much a blizzard. We loved it. Can't wait until we call you all neighbors.

To the OP, if you're looking for a major lifestyle change, IF is the place. We have two ugly rivers that run through our city here and we always joke about how a small city like IF got it more right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 07:10 PM

168 posts, read 174,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojurick View Post
. . . . Can't wait until we call you all neighbors.

To the OP, if you're looking for a major lifestyle change, IF is the place. We have two ugly rivers that run through our city here and we always joke about how a small city like IF got it more right.
So, another Sacramento transplant then?

Old 08-19-2017, 12:02 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,248,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
A matter of opinion of course, the Boise River is nice but not as scenic. The snake cuts through canyons of black lava rock, contains waterfalls. I've been to many other large cities everywhere where the river is just a river with many parks and a trail system. The famed San Antonio river walk is cool but the essence of nature is non existant
Yes, it is subjective. But then if you look at the lists (and there are a few) of the most beautiful city river walks, sorry to say IF is not on any list. I would agree that some of the others do not have the "essence of nature" as the IF walk. But for more essence you really need to get out of the city.

Don't get me wrong, I walk it occasionally, heck my road taxes went to fix it up last year. And on a quiet Sunday AM in the fall it is a great walk. My dogs even like it. And yes it is pretty. Sure beats the river walk in Vientiane.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:05 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,248,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
It's not a sin, and I would always defend your right to have an opinion and post it here.....
Even when you're WRONG ! LOL
Good for you. I guess I should care?

Old 08-19-2017, 05:39 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Hope to shake your hand one day, jurick. You sound like you will make a good neighbor!

Old 08-21-2017, 03:09 PM

26 posts, read 27,356 times
Shake hands, have a beer and BBQ, sounds good to me. We'll be up in IF Labor Day week, it's going to be a long 2 weeks.

Speaking of good neighbors, we haven't even lived there yet and still have some of the best neighbors. A friend of ours was staying at our place up there over the winter and one day got her car stuck in the driveway snow leaving. A neighbor got her unstuck and when she came home an hour later he had already cleared the driveway for her. That's the kind of people we want to be around.

And yes Ret.InAmmon, getting out of Sac. 21 years here will have been far too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls